Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tagged: Getting to know you...

.

I was tagged by my lovelies Christiana and Erica.

Rules: Take a picture of yourself RIGHT now. No primping or preparing. Just snap a picture. Load the picture onto your blog. Tag some people to play.

I tag: Anyone that hasn't done this yet!



Me. At work. With my pink headphones in one ear listening to Paula Deanda's song "Good Girl" and drinking Welch's Apple Juice. :)

I was also tagged by Jacquelyn!

TAG: Getting to Know Me, Getting to Know You

Q: What made you choose your blog?

A: I just decided to write a makeup/beauty blog because I was having trouble finding swatches and reviews online of products I was interested in and thought it would be a great idea to help others who were in the same boat. I also love to "write" so it just came naturally to me to start a blog. Even if no one reads it, it would be my own personal little diary to help me keep track of the products I used for certain looks.

Q: What's your actual name?
A: Vanessa Garcia

Q: Do you have any nicknames?
A: V, Van, Ness, Nessa, Nessie (like Renesmee!), boomer (my co-worker calls me that and I don't know why, lol)

Q: Apart from the obvious make up / beauty hobby, what other hobbies do you have?
A: I like reading novels, painting (acrylics, oils, pastels), drawing when I have time, I also like to learn things on the side like cooking, etc.

Q: What do you do?
A: I work for an internet company (which shall remain nameless for obvious reasons lol) and I am an advertising account manager in which I help those who own an online business get more traffic to their site. Similar to Yahoo (which we work with) and Google.

Q: What would you like to do?
A: I love my job, we get massages on Mondays, free gym membership, and we get to wear jeans and flip flops to work, can't get any better!

Q: Tell us something embarrassing, but that you love doing?
A: Ummm, I have TONS of embarrassing moments, probably not any that involves makeup, but when people recognize me in real life I feel a little embarrassed because 99% of the time I think they think I am weird or something, HAHA. Although I DO LOVE meeting those of you I have casually ran into!

Q: Tell us a little something that we don't already know about you.
A: I am an emotional person, and I cry easily. Yet, I am the biggest jokester you will ever meet, I love a good laugh and my overall perspective in life is that you only live once so just enjoy everything while you can and don't let anything or anyone get you down. The more people say I can't do something, the more it motivates me to prove them wrong and work harder. I think I am a very nice person in general and go above and beyond for the people I care about, I think my pet peeve is when people just assume things about people without truly getting to know them because half the time you'll be amazed at what lies below the surface.

Q: What achievement are you most proud of?
A: Helping raise my 2 younger sisters as if they were my own. Being the eldest, I never had anyone to watch over me or "guide me" to the right path- so it's nice that my sisters can depend on me and can talk to me without feeling they're gonna be judged. I am also glad that I have always been pretty self-sufficient and independent, it's nice to know that even through the struggles, it got me to where I am today, and that I have an amazing set of parents from different backgrounds and cultures that have kept me grounded and focused.

Q: What do you most like about yourself?
A: That I can make other people laugh.

Q: What would you change about yourself if you could?
A: Umm, I wish I was more patient...physically there's a few things I don't like about myself but I accept it (just being honest), doesn't mean I want surgery or anything, but I would be lying if I said I was 100% happy with my body. LOL. Overall, it's not that important for me to even want to change a thing, just because I feel like I can offer a lot more outside the physical aspect.

Q: If you could have anything in the world (that doesn't cost any money), what would you want?
A: Well I already have happiness and love, I think id wish for everyone to also have happiness and great health and just for everyone to be kind to one another...but then again I wouldn't mind having Edward Cullen either, LOL!

11 comments

Crissy said...

cute :D

A. Rose said...

haha. i love how you have references to twilight all over. it was great getting to know more about you :)

Sofia said...

u look so pretty nessa

sanniet said...

yay we got to know you better! and yes that is a big achievement and your sisters are the cutest girls ever! <3

Anonymous said...

I have the pink headphones too! High five! Haha, i totally agree about edward cullen, i loooooooooove twilight =]

Anonymous said...

:) Twilight <3!
Bah! I wish I had your job, it sounds fabulous! But I guess I am just meant to be a cashier girl for the rest of my life!
And, I LOVE me some apple juice :f: !

Ohhh girl. Edward was a good choice for anything! mhmmm!

LOVEpink said...

damn girl your job sounds awesome!!! + cali whether! such a perfect match! heh im planning on moving down there once i get my degree :) sooo next year! heh mmmm Edward Cullen!....drools! heh

Anastasia said...

This might not be why, but Boomer is the callsign (nickname) of Viper pilot Sharon Valerri from Battlestar Galactica. She's asian, with similar skin tone and long dark hair, so maybe the co-worker thinks you look alike? Personally, I think you're prettier :S

sophia said...

I have done mine, and here is the link to the blog entry:
http://retailtherapy.onsugar.com/3132621


Thanks for reading!

Selcen said...

Vanessa you ve a highlight on your hair,am i right? it looks good on you,i like it :)
by the way boomer doesn't look like you actually ;)

♥Leigh♥ said...

WOw..nice to know some lil facts about you Vanessa! I love your job! U get pampered and get to wear flip flops! Plus the fact that you are so good with makeup skills!I'd swap lives with you.LOL.Ü You're a really awesome person!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter