Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Smashbox Lid Primer vs. UDPP

.

So a few posts ago, I reviewed and raved about the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer and compared it to UDPP and TFSI respectively, now based on my last challenge, UDPP fared a lot better than TFSI for me, so at the end of the day the lid with UDPP looked practically flawless, while the lid with TFSI was creased and almost gone. So how does UDPP fare up against the Smashbox Lid Primer?

The test: I applied the Smashbox Lid Primer on my RIGHT EYE and UDPP on my LEFT EYE, then applied my eyeshadow as usual at 6:30 am (one day last week), went to work, walked in the sweltering heat for a bit, and 12 hours later, took a pic of both eyes...

Here are the results!

SMASHBOX LID PRIMER- 12 HOURS LATER...

The Result: The Smashbox Lid Primer held up pretty well, slight creasing near the inner corner of my eye, but to me it's where I normally will crease because when I blink the crease just folds in, and my eyes get watery which could have contributed to it. But overall the eyeshadow still looks just as vibrant, no signs of creasing or absorption of oil on the lid; the outer-V shading and contour still in tact and not much color fading, eyeliner also still as good as when I left in the morning.

UDPP- 12 HOURS LATER...

The Result: With UDPP, the eyeshadows still help up pretty well, still vibrant but NOT AS vibrant as the eye with the Smashbox Lid Primer; there is noticeable creasing or fade in color in the outer-V and contour area of the lid (compare to photo above). The eyeliner also seems more "dull" in color than the other eye.

Overall: Even though UDPP won the challenge against TFSI (Too Faced Shadow Insurance), it definitely didn't win the challenge against the Smashbox Lid Primer for me. It's still a good primer, but in comparison to the Smashbox one, I prefer the latter. The lid with the Smashbox primer was more vibrant and looked just as good as when I left the house that morning 12 hours later, whereas the UDPP one had some noticeable fade in color in random spots. Again, this is just MY personal experience with both products, I am sure UDPP works better for some of you above other lid primers, but the Smashbox one is definitely my holy grail of lid primers at the moment! :)

29 comments

Unknown said...

I really wanna try to the smashbox primer now! Oh if only it wasn't so darn expensive! But you've convinced me to try it so I must! (=

FuN and MakeUp said...

great review! you make me wanna give this product a try!!

Anonymous said...

Well, this definitely makes me want to try out Smashbox's primer now! :O

I wonder how much it costs? If the price difference is worth it or not?

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Thanks for the comparison! <3
I was actually planning on trying out UDPP since everyone was raving about it, but I'll try Smash Box Lid Primer instead :)

im done said...

I have my eye on this! I can't wait to try it.

thanks for the helpful review!

Jem said...

great review!
^_^

Connie De Alwis said...

thank you for this!!

The Beauty Junkee said...

Hi! great review there.

I'm currently looking for a good eye primer for shadows that will prevent creasing and would make the colors vibrant. I've read good reviews about MAC's paint pot. Is it really an eye primer? I really have no idea on the purpose of the paint pot. Thanks!

BEAUTYandtheME said...

i agree with you on this, I am liking the smashbox lid primer better than the UDPP and the tube is designed better so we get to use more product instead of having to cut the tube open to get every last bit of drop

HairMakeupTalk said...

i agree with you on this, I am liking the smashbox lid primer better than the UDPP and the tube is designed better so we get to use more product instead of having to cut the tube open to get every last bit of drop

Shop N' Chomp said...

Thank you for the comparisons!

jilliandanica said...

thanks for this!

Shen said...

i got one!! i mean two of these trough a friend. you're recos are totally must haves. I'm testing it since my lids are very oily and the heat here is very unbearable. :) let's see how Smashbox stand the tropical heat of the Philippines. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the review nessa:)

Christel said...

Great review! I'm gonna have to try this one day! :)

mznes said...

Hi! Where can I find the Smashbox Lid Primer? I can't find it on their site unless it's the duo one with the lip primer?

bellax3vita said...

i definitely want to try the smashbox primer now!

and this has nothing to do with the post but today on youtube i saw a girl's contest entry, and she used your pictures to try to win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFHayz9MtU

watercoloursky said...

Thank you for this comparison! I'll definitely have to try Smashbox next time, as I'm not happy with UDPP lately.

watercoloursky said...

whoa I just looked at that YT vid that bellax3vita posted, that is so sad that she stole your pics to pretend it was her! I can't believe someone would do that :/

Tina Dang said...

i think i need to invest in one of those now lol.

madison817 said...

wow i really wouldnt have guessed that smashbox would win this one, great post!

Anonymous said...

The black heels look gorgeous! Edward looks freakin hot shirtless! LOL

Lolita Riot said...

thank you for the helpful review! I cant wait to try this out!

MzUnicaHija19 said...

WOW!
thanks for comparing 'em, I've been meaning to get the Samashbox but just wasnt sure just yet.

Thanks for your hardwork!

Unknown said...

very helpful review!

Anonymous said...

yeah!!!! i don't have to ask for a CP for the Smashbox then! i had been wondering about it. thank you for the showdown. you are the greatest!

maxoel said...

Its a very wonderful experience that you have shared with us. Smashbox stands still in the market as compared to UDDP. The experiment itself shows us to go for which product. Well be looking forward for more previews about this. I liked the way you have presented your product by experimenting. By seeing this have also started my beauty blog to. I will be thankful to you if you have a glance on it by sparing few minutes of your busy schedule. http://www.iibc.com/ Do let me know how you find it.

Maaike (Honestbeauty) said...

Hi!

I found your link on Delicious and i just want to say that your eye make-up is wonderfull.

I have a blog of my own, and I think you'd like it, but it's Dutch so .. To difficult :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review! Smashbox primers are better for me.
xo,
~Pauline @Kallony

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter