Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, March 21, 2011

Graffitifacecosmetics.com Review

.

Amber from Graffiti Face Cosmetics is super sweet and kind enough to send me a loose mineral eyeshadow in "Grape Haze" for a review. They are a fairly new company, and I always love bringing these kind of companies out of the shadows because they have so much to offer. Graffiti Face Cosmetics currently is only making eyeshadows but eventually will move into making blush, lipstick, lipgloss, mascara, eyeliner, and foundation. Each of their loose mineral eyeshadows are $4 each, for 1.8 grams. When I received it, it was wrapped in cute zebra tissue paper! Zebras are my favorite animal. :)

I love that they really spent time on their packaging, I can't tell you how many times I have ordered from mineral makeup companies only to have it arrive with half the contents in the mailer...I like that these have a shrink wrapped seal and a sifter label to ensure nothing spills during shipping.

I highly recommend using any mineral eyeshadows 'wet' (aka foiling) or with a mixing medium to ensure that it stays on (like all loose mineral eyeshadows, they tend to have a lot of fallout). Applying them wet or with a mixing medium also enhances the pigmentation making the color more vibrant. Also use an eyeshadow base to ensure that it will have long lasting wear and you want to pat the eyeshadow on your eye to maintain coverage and just build from there. "Grape Haze" was pretty light when applied dry, but applied wet it was a gorgeous shade of purple!

Overall, definitely check their website out, since they do not have a lot of products at the moment (but will be launching a few lipglosses next month!) it may be too premature to gauge their products/site in its entirety, but they have a lot of potential and a few eyeshadow colors to keep us busy in the meantime!

 Used MAC e/s in "Nocturnelle" and "Shadowy lady" in crease and contour

4 comments

Jenny52experience said...

hi Vanessa! i wanted to ask you about the bb creams that you had reviewed recently...i wanted to ask which one was the best shade match for you? since we have the same skin tone (nc35).

thank you so much =)

Leah ♥ said...

omg I love your FOTD! so pretty!!! love the bangs too :)

나니 said...

GORGEOUS color : D I love discovering new makeup brands.. I honestly think that the name 'Graffiti Face' is just.. I don't know. It doesn't really appeal to me personally, lol, but I do like the color of the shadow : D

jygjy said...

Thank you again for reviewing this line. I truly appreciate your time. :)


http://amberbarrack.blogspot.com/

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter