Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, January 19, 2009

MAC Collection- Brunette, Blonde, & Redhead

.

I picked up a few things from this collection, and even though I am a brunette, I ended up buying from the other 'hair colors' instead! LOL. The lipsticks and lipglasses are really pretty, although I just ended up getting "Red Devil", "Strawberry Blonde" lipglasses and "Flip" eyeshadow. "Red Devil" is a bright coral-pinkish color with shimmer and "Strawberry Blonde" is a gorgeous medium rose pink with shimmer. I also picked up the #226 brush which is the baby of my #138 rosebud brush. This brush is PERFECT for contouring eyeshadow on the crease as it's small tapered tip shades those tiny areas perfectly. Here is the eye map diagram I made again just so you can see the various areas you can use this brush for...



And here it on the very right compared to some of the other blending brushes I have, as you can see it's quite unique!



Also, I will be answering more of your reader questions soon (hopefully in between Gossip Girl commercials!), but many of you asked where you can get the beauty blender sponges and you can get them at various places, like beauty stores such as Planet Beauty, or online from my friend Robyn PurelyCosmetics.com, or even Amazon. To see my review on it as well as a quick demo on how to use it, CLICK HERE.

So here is my haul from the collection as well as a few impromptu swatches, "Strawberry Blonde" is such a gorgeous color!





Closer look at "Strawberry Blonde":






We had a photographer take updated pictures of the staff at work (as they go in our email signature) since we hired so many people since the last time, and of course me and my best gals at work had to squeeze in something funny while the photog tested the lighting...

17 comments

AskMeWhats said...

awww sweetie! I missed you! great shot! I love it!! CHarlie's angels ha??? hehehhe :)

Ethereal Prey said...

strawberry blonde is such a great color!

Stephanie T said...

I love those lipglasses! They're so pretty.

Amina said...

great haul!
you ladies look fab

Stephanie said...

Those l/g are so pretty! Flip e/s is really pretty as well. Thanks for posting!

Javy said...

i picked up flip too, its the only eyeshadow i got :)

NiKKi SPARKLES.* said...

Luve the "strawberry blonde" lg!
and the Charlies Angels pose is a classic! LOL =]

Anonymous said...

Great haul! strawberry blonde is soo pretty!

Nafisa Mahmood said...

You look so pretty in this picture vanessa! I think I want to get red devil looks really good!

Pretty in Pink said...

I love Flip too! I didn't have a color like that in my collection yet, and now I wear it all the time!

MakeupByRenRen said...

i got those same lipglasses :)

Charmy said...

oh wow i really need to check out that brush now!

Veronica Park said...

Hey Vanessa, you know they sell beautyblender sponges at Sephora NOW!~ ^_^ Just thought I'd tip.

Makeup Mama said...

I didn't notice red devil when I was there, but it looks amazing!

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

nice haul. that new MAC brush looks like my Urban Apothecary Crease Brush! =] & that is hands down my favorite brush for cutting my crease. =D glad to see MAC released a brush that's similar. =D

Phamtastic said...

Do you consider a blending brush a necessity and why? I always used a regular eyeshadow brush to do all the different tasks. I do notice the shape of a blending brush being different from eyeshadow brushes.

miemiemie said...

yay! you finally updated!:) the new crease brush looks tiny compared to the other ones..it must suit asian eyes better though right?

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter