Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Eco Tools Brushes-Go Green!

.



I love Eco Tools, although I DO wish they put more products out there of their line that cater to the makeup market because it's just fabulous! And the best part is that you know you are doing your part in helping preserve the Earth's natural resources because their tools are made by natural material such as bamboo (such as the handles), the ferrule is made by recycled aluminum, and the bristles itself are synthetic man-made taklon bristles.

I have talked about Eco Tools in the past, and I recently bought their 5-piece set which includes 4 makeup brushes: a baby kabuki, a mineral powder brush, a blending eyeshadow brush, and a concealer brush (which could also be good for applying loose pigments wet!), and a pouch made out of natural cotton and hemp.

So you may ask:

Are they soft? How do they compare to other brushes such as MAC?
A: They are REALLY soft! They are not scratchy at all and the best part is that I personally have not experienced any shedding of the bristle hairs when washing these brushes. They are just as good as MAC, I mean MAC brushes, expensive as they are, are not the BEST brushes. They too, shed and get scratchy after awhile. Their face brushes are great, but their eye brushes are not top notch on my list. I use Crown Brushes which are just as great and A LOT cheaper too. But I like how I can take comfort knowing that the Eco Tools are environmentally friendly. :)

How much are they?
A: This set alone was only $10. For the ENTIRE thing. And individual full size brushes are anywhere from like $4.99-$8.99 just to give you an idea of how much they usually run...

Where can I find them?
A: You can find them at Longs, Walgreens, Target, as well as other similar stores.



27 comments

Javy said...

i saw these on makeupandbeautyblog.com and thought they looked nice, after seeing your brief review on them, i def want to pick them up :) thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

AHH! I want those Ecotools!! I've been eyeing them for so long~

Nikita2471 said...

Actually, Ecotools just released an even newer product but I've only seen it at Walgreens. I noticed they put it up on shelves this week here in Memphis. It's an eyebrow kit that comes with a bamboo mirror, eyebrow scissors, tweezers and small pouch. I'm not sure how much it is as they hadn't put up the pics. Will try to take a pic of it.

I have that same mineral brush set you got but I wasn't as impressed with it as I was with the first set of brushes (which I adore).

Anonymous said...

I've always been reluctant because the 5 piece set costs $15 at Ulta but at Walgreens they are only $11!! I will definitely purchase some~

Sofia said...

every time I go to walgreens I am tempted to buy these and I never do..thanx to ur review..I think I might pick up some of these

THANX :D

Anonymous said...

I received this set and the retractable kabuki brush from ecotools several months ago and I LOVE it! I love the blending and concealer brush, and the big retractable kabuki brush has quickly become my favorite! This is a great set!

Aradani said...

I found that the eco tools travel kabuki brush is the best one out of all of them. It's so soft and the thickest one out of them all.

Anonymous said...

I love my eco brushes too!! They are soft!! I like it when it's buy one get the 2nd one half off!!

You should disable ur right click!! it works!!

Alyson @ The Gloss Menagerie said...

I just got the retractable kabuki and I am in love.

Janelle said...

I want this brush set!! I love Eco Tools.

FuN and MakeUp said...

ive always wanted to try this.. i think its realy time to go get it now.. doest cost too much either

Carole said...

I JUST bought this set at Long's about a week ago...and I'm loving it! :]

Par said...

Wow...what a great brush.
Now I need to roam around and find them.

Emilita said...

Thanks for the review, I've been curious about these!

Julienne said...

I love EcoTools too! Affordable, work great, and good for the environment. =) It makes me feel good inside when I use them, haha.

Shen said...

you're right, nessa! these are just as good as MAC brushes or other syhthetic brushes that i've tried... cheaper too. :) i've been lemming for this for the longest time as my travel brushes! :)

Katrina said...

oOoOoOoOoOoOo and I was recently looking for some good and affordable make up brushes! These are right up my alley!

Ethereal Prey said...

omg they have a kabuki brush now! omg i'm so gonna go out and get them now! i have have the other set and I love it! yay!

Anonymous said...

so cheap... and so far from me!!!

i keep hearing good things about them...

but i have cheap etude house brushes here so i am not so jealous anymore. :P

e said...

Have you tried the retractable Kabuki by Eco Tools yet? I haven't seen them in TX, I think it might only be in CA. Supposed to be amazing as well. I hope this set comes out here. Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ecotools brushes!!!!

alien man?! said...

Mayaari sent me a pack of these and they are sooooo nice. They make awesome stocking stuffers, too, don't they?

Crystal said...

i've been eyeing this for a long time but it's not available here :(

Jamie said...

I actually went to Rite-Aid and picked up these brushes but when I got back home and checked your blog I realized that my set is totally different than this one. I got the one with a blush brush, eyeshadow brush, concealer brush, eyelash/eyebrow brush, and an eyeliner brush. I think there are two different sets but I haven't been able to find this exact one. Somebody let me know where you can find this exact one!! I wanted this one but am happy with the one I bought.

Fabuless Beauty said...

I have the other EcoTools brush set..which I love!

Melissa said...

OMG, 10 bucks??? Thanks for the post, I'm definitely going to pick these up. I have always loved your blog, your posts are so informative. Thx girl!

ruby14 said...

they also have this @ tjmax for 6.99 great item

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter