Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, April 9, 2011

MAC Quite Cute Collection (Lippies)

.

I love, love, love, lipsticks! Doesn't matter what brand, or what, it's the one thing I end up buying in every collection that comes out. The MAC Quite Cute collection was no different! I already had Saint Germain from a previous collection awhile back, so I ended up getting only the lipsticks that are sold out already on the MAC website, and nothing else from the collection: Candy Yum-Yum (matte), Quite Cute (cremesheen), and Playing Koi (satin).


Candy Yum-Yum: Is a super bright matte fuchsia pink color. Even though it has a matte finish, it's not drying (Ruby Woo anyone?). It doesn't even feel like it's matte when you first apply it on, when it's dry it still feels comfortable but can start to feather, so I suggest applying a tiny bit of chapstick before application. In comparison to other lipsticks similar in color from other collections, Candy Yum-Yum is lighter and more of a true pink than Immodest Mattene lipstick, and Show Orchid. I'd say it's closest to Petals & Peacocks, but Petals & Peacocks is a tinge darker and has shine.

Quite Cute: Is a pale lavender, almost has a soft blue undertone to it and looks almost like a whitish blue in pictures. It's a cremesheen finish. I think this is great for mixing/layering with other lipstick colors because it gives a nice wash of color.

Playing Koi: Is a neutral color, almost nude, but a wash of peach which is a nice change from the normal nude lippie. Even though the finish is satin, it has a creamy consistency to it, that I would have thought it was a cremesheen at first. It can still wash certain skintones out, but paired with a nice lipgloss and/or lip liner I think it can easily be pulled off. This is definitely a lippie I want to experiment with and make different combos.

Saint Germain: One of my all time favorites, it's a soft (but brighter) pink than "Snob" and I love this lipstick because paired with any lipgloss, it always just looks amazing, I loved it so much I ended up buying a backup when I originally bought this.
natural light
 Cute headband my friend Reno gave me!

12 comments

CHARRY said...

wow candy yumnyum is cute!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the swatches! :) from the lippies in this collection u only purchased Play Time, which is the one you dont have. Im thinking about Candy Yum yum and Playing Koi too though! Which of those two do u think I should get if I do get one more? :) and.. do you have Fleshpot lipstick? If you do, how does it compare to Playing Koi?.. thanks vanessa! Xx

KissyFace Artistry said...

I've seen Candy Yum-Yum on a myriad of skin tones and it looks amazing. Playing Koi looks like a keeper too!

Sophie said...

those lipsticks are pretty. I might check them out next time I go to mac.

miemiemie said...

what a cute shade candy yum yum is on you! haha what an appropriate name

Kalmo said...

Thanks for all the swatches Vanessa! Playing Koi is my favorite and it looks fabulous on your lips, well they all do. ^^ Your headband is cute!

Vanessa said...

It's gorgeous ladies!

Livia- I added comparison swatches on my post of Playing Koi with Fleshpot and other nude lippies. I definitely like Candy Yum Yum and Playing Koi, although I think Playing Koi is similar to some nude lippies, it has more of a salmon/peachy tone to it. I like Quite Cute but doubt it's the kind of color we would reach for all the time, so definitely Candy Yum Yum and Playing Koi.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comparison swatches hun! Definitely helped xx

Jess said...

Im so glad I did not get koi..I tried fleshpot on me at the pro store and it looked awful on me..thanks for the comparisons

Unknown said...

I only have 2 MAC lipsticks and I want to add more lol. I've been lemming on Peach Stock and Saint Germain. They look sooo gorgeous!

By the way, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I was like whoa it's Vanessa! LOL. I actually have seen you in person at IMATS last year and you're sooo pretty and tall ^_^. I wanted to say hello but I got too shy O_o.

MsRinz said...

i love that quite cute color!! so pretty!

Unknown said...

Awesome swatches of the lipsticks! I too am a lipstick addict! Whenever MAC comes out with a collection with lipsticks, I end up buying like two or three lol. I need to try Candy Yum Yum out soon!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter