Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spotlight: Jafra Cosmetics

.

I love showcasing brands that many people may have not heard of, I personally have not heard of Jafra Cosmetics, but was really intrigued when they reached out for me to try out their products. I love their oil controlling makeup and their blush, and their compacts and packaging is really sturdy. Their products for the most part seem to be really pigmented and have long wear, as my FOTD below lasted most of the day.

JAFRA Cosmetics was founded in Malibu, California in 1956 by Jan and Frank Day with the vision of providing women with world class products and business opportunities. 
 
Designed to offer consumers perceivable benefits through nature’s best ingredients in combination with JAFRA’s expertise in skin care. 
Infused with botanicals and Vitamins C and E, the Full Coverage Lipstick combines brilliant color, a velvety finish, and long-wear for 8 hours.  The new Lash Maximizing Mascara dramatically volumizes, lengthens and curls with a patented cotton extract, Vitamins B5 and E.

Here is a list of the products I tried:
- Oil Controlling Makeup with SPF 15 in "Bisque" ($17)
- Pressed Powder in Medium ($16.50)
- Powder Eyeshadow Trio in "Blue Jewels" ($16.00)
- Lash Maximing Mascara in Black ($14)
- Eyeliner pencil in Black ($10)
- Full Coverage Lipstick in "Very Cherry" ($15)
- Automatic Lip Liner in "Fire Red" ($10) 
- Nailpolish in "Burgundy" ($8.50) 
- Blush in "Perfect Glow" ($14.50) 
- Makeup Remover for Eyes & Lips ($14.50)

Descriptions and my notes on some of the products:

Oil Controlling Makeup with SPF 15 in Bisque: Provides flawless, shine-free coverage. Contains witch hazel, cucumber extract, aloe leaf extract. Helps provide smooth, even application.

The shade was a bit too light for me, but works great as a tinted moisturizer or even a primer. I use this as a tinted moisturizer after a shower or for quick no makeup days.

Pressed Powder in Medium: Micro-fine pressed powder diffuses light, minimizes the look of fine lines, wrinkles. Provides smooth silky application, a natural finish. Vitamins C and E fight free radicals.

This makes a great blotting powder because it's not too heavy or opaque, you can definitely build coverage if needed, but I use it to control shine and set my makeup.

Powder Eyeshadow Trio in Blue Jewels: Glides on smoothly, evenly, flawlessly. Vitamins E and C condition. Crease-proof, fade-resistant. Contact lens-compatible.

I wasn't a fan of this particular shade, and I didn't think this particular shade was highly pigmented, but the lighter blue is a pretty color, and highly recommend using these with an eyeshadow primer/base.

Lash Maximizing Mascara: Sweeps lashes to their fullest potential. Volumizes, lengthens, curls with patented cotton extract. Vitamins B5 and E hydrate, condition. Smudge, clump, flake-resistant.

I loved the brush wand on the mascara, it definitely volumized my lashes and it didn't feel dry, flaky, or brittle.

Eyeliner pencil in Black: Defines without tugging, running or fading. Contains Vitamin E for smooth application, conditions. Long-wearing, smear-proof.

Full Coverage Lipstick:  Lipstick is richly pigmented and has long lasting shine. With Jojoba esters for full coverage application, avocado butter imparts creamy texture. Vitamin E fights free radicals and helps minimize fine lines.

Their lipsticks are intensely pigmented, smooth, and easy to apply. Oddly enough, mine actually smelled like cherry!

Powder Blush in Perfect Glow: Celebrate your true colors and radiant finish with the perfect shade of JAFRA’s Powder Blush. Jet-milled to go on silky smooth and formulated with Vitamins E and C to condition and protect. Absorbs oil for lasting wear.

I LOVE this blush! It's super pretty on, it's like a soft peachy coral with a hint of shimmer. Easily lifts stubborn mascara and long-lasting lip color.  Infused with soothing cucumber extract and conditioning Macadamia nut oil.  Perfect for all skin types and safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

Eye and Lip Makeup Remover: This remover worked great for removing false eyelashes with a q-tip, it's oil based but doesn't leave my skin super oily or with any type of residue.


FOTD Using some Jafra products
What I used:

[Face]
- Oil controlling makeup with SPF 15 in "Bisque"
- Pressed Powder in "Medium"

[Cheeks]
- Jafra blush in "Perfect glow (LOVE this blush!)

[Eyes]
- Eyeshadow Trio in "Blue Jewels" (and on lower lashline)
- Jafra eyeliner in Black
- Jafra Lash Maximizing mascara

[Lips]
- MAC Slimshine in Missy

6 comments

donnarence said...

the products look so interesting and nice esp the lipstick and blush.. nice fotd nessa.. :D

Jess said...

gorgeous look! I luv how u incorperated everything..I heard of Jafra because a co-worker of mine use to sell it and I never knew what to expect from them, but I might just check out their lip stick and blushes now because they look very nice. Thanks for the great review!

Anonymous said...

They were really popular when Mary Kay was. (I mean it in a non-sarcastic way. It kinda looked like that when I read it, lol)

Kalmo said...

I never heard of this brand so thanks for brining it to your readers' attention.
Thanks for the reviews and pictures Vanessa! MAC Missy is a perfect color for you.

Anonymous said...

I have been a Jafra Beauty Consultant for two years now and love the quality of Jafra's products. I always suggest to anyone who has not heard of Jafra to check out this international company that is celebrating 55 years this year. Try www.myjafra.com/rlabossiere for more information and to shop around.

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

I want that lippie and I'm not a lipstick kinda girl...
XoxO, K

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter