Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, April 4, 2011

How I Conceal Dark Circles (cream products)

.

Cream products are so much easier to play with. You can always turn cream into a liquid, but not the other way around. I like that you can mix shades to get the perfect one, or mix it in with your moisturizer. Not only are they less messy, you only need a little bit to get the job done. So since I recently nabbed the Ben Nye Concealer, I thought i'd put the salmon color for a test drive and I am loving it so far! I actually love the entire wheel, I occasionally use the other flesh tone colors also in the wheel as a concealer on top of the salmon color and it works great; since my MAC Studio Finish can be too yellow for me sometimes. But for this demo I used my MAC concealer in NC30.

1. I first started by applying a moisturizer (you can use a primer too, but I wanted to moisturize under my eyes a bit), I used my Borghese Curaforte Moisturizer, and applied a tiny bit and patted it under my eye area. This helps smooth the under eye area for easier application and prevents dry patches. Let it dry and seep in before applying the neutralizer (salmon color) to avoid patches of color.

2. Using a brush or a warm finger (using a warm finger helps to soften solid creams like the Ben Nye Concealer Wheel), I applied the salmon color (start small and build if necessary), starting at the inner corner and angled it down a bit, as this is the darkest part for me, and then blend the edges and pat, you don't want to apply the color immediately under the eye so it won't be so cakey, so you wanna gently pat the color on, out, and in. **For makeup artists or for sanitary purposes, you can also use a spatula to scoop out a little bit onto your hand and dip from there.

3. Using a brush or warm finger, apply your concealer by gently patting the color into the neutralizer and blending outer edges.

4. Lastly, set it by using a finishing powder (I used Ben Nye's Visage Powder in Banana), and used Sigma Beauty's stippling brush and gently pat the powder on to prevent the concealer from settling into fine lines, or getting oily/shiny later on.

Again,  this is just my routine and what works best for me right now, to conceal the dark circles under my eyes. Feel free to substitute different products, techniques, brushes, etc. I will be doing a tutorial soon on using liquid concealers with my Sephora Concealer Brush.

FYI- I did my nails myself (although it was starting to chip), used the pink nailpolish I got from Naimies (forgot the name) and used a nail dotting tool and dipped it in Milani's Nail Art Polish in Black, then finished with Seche Vite Top Coat.


[CLICK TO ENLARGE PIC]

7 comments

donnarence said...

thanks for this helpful tutorial nessa!!

Miss Jones said...

so helpful! love love ur blog xx

Anonymous said...

great post!

Silva said...

What a helpful tutorial! Thanks, I was just looking for one (haven't been sleeping too well lately).

~Lisa said...

Thanks for the tips. I have some pretty horrendous dark circles =(

LannetKrystle said...

great tutorial vanessssaaaaaaa. yes i started up my blog again, please follow and share with your readers ;) love you long time >Lannet

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

Thanks for writing this!!! I love re-reading these types of basic tutorials. I always find something new to add to my technique :)
XOxo, K

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter