Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Product Review: Conair Xtreme Heat Rollers

.

Product: 6 out of 10
Packaging: 9 out of 10
Quality: 6 out of 10
 Overall: 6 out of 10
Price: $35-41 depends where you buy them (I got mine at Target)
 Model: Xtreme Instant Heat Hair Rollers

Disclaimer: All product reviews and honest opinions on this site are solely that of my own and I am not endorsed, affiliated, or paid for this review unless otherwise specified.  I bought this product with my own money.

From their website: Girls who love curls can get them in an instant with these hot rollers. The clips and rollers are both heated for extra hold, and infused with ceramic technology for better heat transfer. New Xtreme provides the fastest heat-up – 75 seconds!
  • 75 seconds – fastest heat-up for the perfect style
  • Dual heat comes from both the clip and the roller for extra hold
  • Ceramic technology – for better heat transfer and longer-lasting curls
  • 20 ceramic multi-sized rollers – for beautiful curls and volume
    • 8 jumbo rollers (1.25")
    • 6 large rollers (1")
    • 6 medium rollers (.75")
  • 20 heated clips
  • Stay-cool end rings
  • Ready dot
  • On/Off switch
  • Power indicator light
  • 5-foot line cord
  • UL listed
  • Limited one-year warranty
My observations: The storage box with the rollers isn't heavy, but is a bit too huge to take for traveling. Heat up time is pretty fast like they claim, and you can tell it's ready when the red dot (see pic below) turns white, however the dot is only on ONE roller, not on all of them. The rollers themselves are like flocked velvet material, they have a slit in each roller to slide onto the metal plates in the heated box, they can get very hot, so I use my Kevlar glove to roll my hair to protect my hand from getting burned (it came with an Enzo clipless curling iron my fiance got me).

The clips heat up on the hot plate that's also in the box for longer lasting curls, and you just keep adding clips onto the plates as you take one out (one in, one out). The heated clips help speed up the process, and help keep the curl so it lasts longer. It comes with 20 rollers total, and 20 clips. The rollers are different sizes, 8 jumbo rollers, 6 large rollers, and 6 medium rollers.

What I didn't like about it? It curled my hair nicely, but because I have long hair, I had to re-curl a few sections a few times just to get it to even look like it was curled which probably takes longer for me than if I were to use an actual curling iron. The clips half the time, did NOT stay onto the rollers, they kept sliding off and my hair would unravel from the roller, and I didn't even use a lot of hair where it would be too much for the roller and the clip. I could never even 'tighten' the roller so it stayed/felt secured on my head because the clip itself only encompasses half of the roller, so there was barely any comb left from the clip to hold onto my hair so it would stay close to my scalp. It would just sorta fall loosely which was annoying because after awhile the weight of having close to rollers on your head just starts to hurt since it sorta tugs and becomes uncomfortable. Also, the curls didn't really last a long time, at the end of the night they lost it's shape and just looked wavy, and that's with hairspray.

PROS: 
- Heats up fast
- Clips heat up too which is nice to ensure a lasting curl
- Has a slit in the roller which I believe stores more heat in the ceramic plates as oppose to tradititional rollers

CONS:
- Clips would not stay on rollers, couldn't clip it tight enough to roll it close to the top of my head
- Had to re-curl a few sections to get a decent curl
- Wish there were more large or medium curlers

Overall? I recommend it for gals with shorter and fine hair because I think it would work great for that type of hair. My hair is just too long and thick for these rollers so they just didn't work out for me, even at the end of the night they were weighed down and went from curly to wavy. I am better off personally using a curling iron as it can give me my desired curl/look, and it seems a lot faster.

7 comments

sunshine said...

Ver nice:X

Jess said...

great review! I have the reminington pearl velvet curler rollers and I absolutly luv them! They heat up fast and get hot.I have thick straight medium length hair and it holds my hair in pretty well. I got it at Walmart.com for around $25, maybe that would better for you. Can you return that set? I know how hard it is to fund good curlers because of my thick straight hair :D

Tammy said...

Great review! I agree that this is much better for shorter hair. When I first bought this set my hair was long and I just didn't get the results I wanted, but now that my hair is shorter it works really well.

Emily♥ 에밀리 ♥エミリー said...

Thanks so much for the pics! I need a good set of hot rollers because the one I used over the past several years is not in service anymore lol. I think this looks like the updated version of the set I had, and those clips look a lot nicer than the weird giant bobby pin shaped devices I had to use with my set. My hair is fine and medium length, so these may work for me. Thanks a bunch! :)

Chastity said...

I've been looking for some good hot rollers. Now I know to stay away from these. Thanks!

*~kAy~* said...

Same here! I have something similar and it works great for my mom because she has shorter hair than me :p
But it doesn't work that great for my hair :p

Your curls looked like it came out better than mine though! :p

miemiemie said...

aww the curls turned out cute on you!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter