Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, June 22, 2007

.

Bella said...

Q: Hi Vanessa,
My friend Marie told me about your website and it's totally great and informative. I have VERY sensitve skin and I broke out with MAC powder so I switched to Clinique which I love. I decided to be adventurous one day and bought the mineral powder from Laura Mercier and started wearing it. At the time I was also wearing Clinique shimmer eyeshadows. I'm not sure if it was due to either one but I developed some tiny bumps above my eyelids. I read an article somewhere that mineral makeup can cause bumps that are pretty much clogged oil glands...90% of my make up has shimmer (which all have the mica to make it shimmery)and I thought that might be causing my face to break out. Do you have any suggestions on powder for super sensitive skin (I've tried Physician's Formula also and that also doesn't work) or have you heard of anyone else having this problem?

_____________________________________________________________________________
A: Hi Bella! Welcome to my blog! Sounds like you DO have very sensitive skin. First of all, if you seem to be having this problem with almost ALL products, than I suggest seeing a dermatologist because it sounds like it could be an allergic reaction or a serious problem. You can always take an allergy test and see everything you are allergic to, perhaps exposing down to the tee minerals (talc, oil, zinc, etc).

It sounds like it probably isn't so much the products, but the sensitivity of your skin. I personally have very dry skin but somewhat an oily T-zone, yet I don't break out or get pimples often and I do A LOT to my face! If shimmery eyeshadows are probably causing the problem, try using matte eyeshadows, or organic type eyeshadows like CARGO, or STILA. Shimmery eyeshadows of course have more ingredients to have that glimmer and shimmer.

Also, I am not sure what kind of moisturizer you use, but if it's heavily oil based that could be clogging your pores and any makeup over that just seals it in causing bacteria to linger in there and causing tiny bumps, so before you apply any foundation or powder, be sure your face is completely dry, wait a few after putting on moisturizer to apply your makeup.

*And before you commit to buying a full-size product, see if they have numerous samples so that you can see what might irritate your skin or not.

Here are some powders I found for SUPER SENSITIVE SKIN:

Alison Raffaele Transparent Finish Transparent Finish Invisible Face Powder
($27.50)

This finishing powder is completely clear when applied to skin, either over liquid makeup or by itself making it suitable for all skin tones and skin types. Non-irritating to sensitive skin, won't turn ashy on dark skin, doesn't settle into fine lines and won't turn orangey on oily skin.

I also read that Jane Iredale's Line is perfect for sensitive skin:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE OF HER LINE

I did some research and a lady has a similar problem, this is what she suggested:

I have super sensitive skin myself, and after tons of eczematic breakouts from foundation, sunscreen, cleansers and creams, have switched over to (mostly) mineral based products. I also have a little redness on my cheeks that needs addressing through skin care/makeup.

I also have combination/dry skin, and powder mineral foundations, no matter the brand, bring out every pore or line, most of which I didn't even know I had pre mineral powder foundation. Ugh.
My best finds so far that have actually calmed my skin down :
1.) Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals Foundation (get it on EBay, its waaaay cheaper there);
2.) Jane Iredale Circle Delete Concealer (works everywhere, and if you apply a light layer under your eyes, doesn't crease. Get it on Ebay);
3.) Pure Luxe What Red? and Banana Split "Eraser" products, more like primers - miracle potions!
4.) Diane Young Red Neutralizer - another miracle product, minimal ingredients, doesn't break me out. This REALLY works, even though it only comes in one color, it blends in even with my nc15, super pale skin. I can't imagine not having this in my arsenal.
5.) Sunscreen is a problem for a lot of us sensitive skinned women - I tried everything, in the end, the only one that worked for me, didn't break me out and does double duty as a moisturizer/sunscreen is the dirt cheap, drugstore "Purpose Anti Redness Moisturizer with SPF 30".

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter