Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Silky smooth shiny hair!

.

I have gotten a few messages and compliments on my hair and how I maintain it, etc.

I know you gals with LONG hair can relate when I say that long hair is super hard to maintain. There is this whole ritual, this grueling process that we must do to get it to be nice and tame.

First thing is first, the myth: To NOT wash your hair everyday- is well true. Shampooing everyday is drying to your hair and scalp. You need your hair's natural oils to help protect and condition the hair follicle and shaft to prevent split ends and breakage.

If you heat-style your hair (curling irons, straighteners), you MUST deep condition your hair ONCE a week.

My regimen is as follows:

I wash my hair every other day, two days the most. In between washes, to feel somewhat clean, I spray on Avon's hair extender which cleanses the hair, refreshes it, gives it a nice smell and absorbs some of the excess oils. I also like Bumble and Bumble hair powders.

I shampoo like normal, and then put the heaviest load of conditioner on my hair (concentrating a lot on the ends) and then leave it in there for like 3 to 5 minutes and rinse in COLD water (yeah you'll be freezing) but COLD water adds SHINE!

After the shower, I spray on INFUSIUM 23's Leave in Conditioner, brush my hair, and then add a leave in cream, I change it every so often, but some I have used are Herbal Essence and Dove Anti-Frizz Moisturizing Cream.

And my hair is soft, smooth, silky, and shiny!

6 comments

Anonymous said...

i use infusium 23 as well! works great. my fav. condtionter is LOREAL. and i love SEBASTIAN POTION # 9

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa,

I have to say... your page is GREAT. I'm addicted!! Very informative with LOTS and LOTS of great tips. Please keep them coming. I have always been a "label whore" when it comes to makeup, but I am definitely trying to break out of that and open to trying new things. It's too expensive to use the fancy stuff on a daily basis. For my face makeup, I use Laura Mercier (primer, tinted moisturizer, powder) and I love it, but don't want to use it everyday. Is there a drugstore product that is just as good? I've tried Sonia Kashuk's powder, but it doesn't seem to work too well on my skin. Any suggestions?

Also, regarding the NYX line, I see you live in Los Angeles. I actually live in the "valley" so would you know of any stores in the area or close by that might carry that product?

Thanks! Marie

Anonymous said...

HI!!! i just started reading your blog a few days ago and im hooked! I WISH i had started before because now i have a lot to catch up on! lol but i have a question if u dont mind.. there are SO many products to use nowadays and im so unsure because i used to starighten my hair everyday which was not cool cause now it is basically fried but i really want to get it back on track so could u pleaseplease name a great, not too pricey product(s) to use and that is easy to find that will get my hair (hopefully) like yours!! my hair is very dark brown and long. thanks!!! love your site and work very much =D

Anonymous said...

HI VANESSA!!!! I LOVE UR STYLE AND TIPS =) just wondering what shampoo you use? please e-mail me back at miss-lov3ly@hotmail.com whenever ur free! thanks! <33

Essy said...

Hi. I was wondering about the way you style your hair. What styling products do you use? How do you keep it curled? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

do you have any tips about hair that hates humidity? i know some people, myself included, who get's realllyyy frizzy and annoying hair when outside in humidity or rain/snow. there MUST be something that will cure this horribleness. :s


spretten@gmail.com

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter