Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, February 23, 2009

MAC "Pink Fish" vs. L'Oreal Lip Balm in "Plush"

.

A reader asked me to compare the MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner (TLC) in "Pink Fish" to the L'Oreal HIP Lip Balm in "Plush" to see if they are the same- but as you can see from the swatches, they are considerably different.

L'Oreal HIP Lip Balm in "Plush"


On the lips by itself:


MAC TLC in "Pink Fish"




Side by side comparison:


The differences? Other than the obvious differences such as the price and size (the TLC has more product); MAC's TLC in "Pink Fish" is more pigmented and has more of a cooler blue-based pink whereas the L'Oreal HIP Lip Balm in "Plush" is more transparent in color. The consistency of "Pink Fish" feels like a normal potted lip balm where it's not overly sticky and provides moisture to the lips; it also has SPF15. "Plush" has no SPF protection and is a bit sticky (and sweet!) and is also great over lipstick.

Overall, these two are pretty different, "Pink Fish" is pretty pigmented for a lip conditioner and is wonderful by itself to give the lips a nice soft and natural pink lip. Not to mention there's enough product to last a really long time! And for those of you that love lip products with SPF, MAC's TLC delivers in that aspect. If you are looking for something a bit more sheer, then L'Oreal Jelly Balms might be more for you.

16 comments

mynameisROTH said...

i just got the pink fish and am absolutely in love with it!

great review <3

im done said...

i just got the pink fish today i LOVE it i didn't think i'd like it so much!!

B said...

I like the color of the Loreal one better! I might have to get some of these when they're on sale. Love the color!

Jamilla Camel said...

I'm looovin the Pink Fish...Hello Kitty doesn't come on sale in the UK till March...it's torture!

A. Rose said...

I liked Pink Fish when I first saw it but when I put it on, it looked "off." It looks so much better on fair-skinned ladies though. I settled for Popster instead.

Thanks for stopping by my page! :D

Cupcake said...

I have a MAC TLC in Petting Pink, and I'm not a big fan, but the Hello Kitty one looks nice!

AskMeWhats said...

ohh I'm always interested with your vs. post :D thanks

audgepodge said...

Great review! Pink fish is one of the items I have - it's my first TLC and I love it!

Random question - how do you decide which pics to watermark? I just started blogging about make-up and was just wondering if you had any helpful guidelines. Thanks - love your site!

audgepodge said...

Thanks for the quick response, Vanessa!

Unknown said...

i got pink fish and its currently my favorite thingg! i might go back for popster!

Crystal Clear Memories said...

awesome review...thank you so much....i am going to get a TLC soon I think:)

GiGi said...

Thanx I'm getting the Pink Fish

Ahleessa said...

I really wanted the MAC TLC, but it has spf. I don't want to risk if I'm allergic to this *sigh* so I ended up getting the L'oreal Lip Balm... lol~ I actually like the Ripe color from the L'oreal. It's a nice tinted red on me! :h:

Anonymous said...

I have Pink Fish TLC + I LOVE IT !
But after reading this , I may have to try L'oreal HIP Jelly Balms for days when I want something more sheer...
:)

LOVEpink said...

pink fish is my faveeee.....it's probably my most used product frm HK lol <33

Anonymous said...

thanks for answering my question! i already ordered pink fish last week & now im sure i made a good choice (:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter