Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Swatches, Haul, & Review: MAC Hello Kitty Colour Collection

.

As promised, here are some pics of my haul, some swatches as well as my thoughts on this collection. I will be posting swatches of Creme Team and Studio Sculpt next. I will try and do more FOTD's from some of the recent collections soon. Since I hardly have been wearing full on makeup lately, I haven't been doing any fotd's, but I hope to start again soon!

I apologize I don't have much of the swatches; during the unveiling, people kept grabbing products off the stands so half the time they weren't there, and the MA told me that they didn't get full shipments on some of the creme team lippies (which is why there are a few swatches missing!). I also swatched it on Erica's arm because she has a darker skintone than me, so those of you who do have a similar skin color can compare and see if it's a must have or not. To be honest I loved the way the lippies looked on her skin! It really brought them out. On me it was a bit washed out... :(

So my overall thoughts?
I like Hello Kitty, I am not a Hello Kitty fan as in I have Hello Kitty floormats and the toaster, but Hello Kitty's Collaboration with MAC was an interesting one. This collection did NOT impress me as other collections in the past (C-Shock, Heatherette, Barbie, etc), but the packaging is SUPER cute, although I DO wish they kept the traditional color of Hello Kitty (Red & White), but nontheless I enjoyed it. The eyeshadow palettes in my opinion (again this is just MY opinion), were a bit disappointing because I personally didn't think they stood out, nor were they that pigmented (other than Romping and Stylin), and it's definitely colors that can be duped. Not to mention they are colors I know I would barely touch!

Glitter eyeliners, they always come back, the blushes reminded me of the Fafi Blushes, and they too were similar in color. The lipsticks by far are the MUST HAVES of this collection, ALL of them are gorgeous, especially "Strayin'" and "Fashion Mews", and it has an imprinted face of Hello Kitty on the side of the lipstick! Beauty Powders I passed because I don't use/need them, nailpolishes I always pass, and the lipglosses were a bit too glittery and kiddie for me.

The brush holder is very cute, it even has the Hello Kitty writing on the handles of the brushes; but the price is a bit much for plastic. Granted it IS Hello Kitty and it does have 3 brushes, but regardless, MAC jacks up the prices for some of their products and you KNOW you can find a Hello Kitty plastic cup that looks like that in Downtown LA and it probably comes with a backpack! LOL. It's a tiny cup, so you can fit tiny collection brushes, kabuki brushes, and the like. Regular brushes will fall over if you attempt to put it in this cup. The tinted lip conditioner in "Pink Fish" is the PERFECT subtle pink, and it's definitely a staple in my makeup bag because it not only conditions my lips, but gives it a nice natural pink color.

I really loved the Creme Team lipsticks. I totally love the Cremesheen finish, and the colors are just gorgeous and go on so smooth and creamy! The Creme Team Lipglosses however were eye-catching at first....till you swatch them. They were not pigmented whatsoever, and the swatches you see online are globs of this stuff so it looks really pigmented, but it's not. It's really sheer- and I mean REALLY sheer. None of it would show up on my skin at all, nor Erica's. I passed on these for the simple fact that I like the lipglasses better. The Creme Team lipliners are gorgeous, "Caramellow" and "Pink Treat" are pretty (as well as the other 2)!

So what are my favorites? For lipsticks, they are ALL gorgeous, but my favorites are: "Strayin'" and "Most Popular" ("Fashion Mews" is pretty too but it washes me out). For the Creme Team lipsticks, I love "Creme Cup" and "Shy Girl", lipliners I like "Caramellow" and "Sublime Culture".





Quick Dupe List:
MAC e/s in "Romping"= MAC Pigment in "Pink Pearl" or Milani "Exotic Berry" e/s.
MAC e/s in "Too Dolly" = Milani e/s in "Sea Angel"
MAC e/s in "Stately Black" = Milani "Storm", or MAC e/s in "Ambiance" from the Smokey Eyes Palette from last year
MAC e/s in "Yogurt" = MAC e/s in "Mylar"
MAC e/s in "Creme Royal" = MAC e/s in "Shroom"
MAC e/s in "Paradisco" is in the PERMANENT line
MAC e/s in "Stylin'" = Perhaps a mix of MAC e/s in "Cobalt" or "Atlantic Blue" (both PRO) or Cobalt with a bit of Freshwater

MAC e/s in "Lucky Tom" = MAC e/s in "Smut"


Here are the product photos and swatches:














I love her face on the TLC (tinted lip conditioner!)
















How it looks from afar (don't mind my messy face LOL):






25 comments

Linh said...

Thanks for the swatches and review! :)

I love the look of Strayin' and Pink Fish on you!

Jéssy said...

Oh! everything is so beautiful!
penalty to use of up !
also want the hello kitty for me T_T

Jamilla Camel said...

I'm drooling already! Hello Kitty is coming to the UK later...I am waiting with HUGE anticipation.

Love Pink Fish!

Anonymous said...

Everything is beautiful!, I love it!... I´m from argentina and we doesn´t have the Kitty collection here, but they say that in march will be arriving. I hope so!...

Sorry for my english...

See you!, Millie

Amina said...

thank you for the swatches. Enjoy your goodies!

MakeupByRenRen said...

thanks for the detailed review! this helps with my budget for sure so i don't go crazy...i'm most likely picking up a few of the items just for packaging purposes

tuniez83 said...

owwwwwwwww so cute, but too bad (or lucky) I don't much a lover of Kitty so........This one I can pass.

But the lippy look adorable! esp. on you

Anonymous said...

My list for HK has totally went down. Thanks for the review. I was more excited for l/s. I agree w/the red n white packaging!

jackieg02 said...

thanks for the list of dupes. i have some, but i'll be going look for those milani colors!

Crystal Clear Memories said...

thanks so much for list of dupes.....i will probably just dupe them and get a blush just so i can have something from the collection:)

oh and the tinted lip balm is amazing..i didnt want it, but now i do lol

itsliz89.com said...

Do the TLC's have SPF in them?

Unknown said...

see... this is why i always try to stay away from "the hype". there's always gonna be some kind of dupe out there.... i'm no HK fan, but still, i do want a couple lippies. that's the makeup addict talking.

SARAH C said...

I wish I got to go to the revealing party =( But it's coming out this week so excited! =)

Just a question on the Hello Kitty brushes, what MAC brush numbers would you say those are? The stippling one looks like a 187.

=) Love this blog, good job!<3

SARAH C said...

Oh never mind I found out the numbers for those brushes - 187SE, 109SE and 239SE.

=) SARAH

Lisa Fashionista said...

THANK YOU! for talking me out of getting the brush holder! haha I really needed someone to talk some sense into me, seriously why did I not realize it's just a little plastic cup?
I'm not really into the e/s quads either. Not a colour selection I'd really wear often.
That being said, I'm still probably picking up the TLC's and a few lipsticks. And maybe a beauty powder/blush!
ah well, I knew I couldn't resist spending some money on all that hello kitty cuteness. :)

adriana said...

i love the way you always suggest dupes! could you by any chance suggest to me any dupes for the e/s in the mac spiced chocolate quad? thank you,adriana

Jennnn said...

Thanks for posting your opinion on the hello kitty collection. I was seriously thinking of buying something from it just because it was hello kitty. But I think i'll reconsider since the colors are ones i dont see myself using and.. i'm trying to not spend so much money :P

Unknown said...

thanks for the swatches! btw, whats the name of the font you used for the pictures? i really wanna use it!

Vanessa said...

Hi Liz! How are you gorgeous!?? Long time no chit or chat! Yeah the tinted lip conditioner has SPF 15 in it...thank goodness for the price! LOL!

Soul_Sunshine said...

omg! Where did you find that Milani shadow in Exotic Berry, I can't find it anywhere?

tugcekaya said...

Hi Vanessa..
I just want to ask about the brush collection. Are they crappy or not? I don't have any brush so I want to buy them for a good start but I can't decide so can you help me please, do ı need to buy them?

Kim said...

I just got the Hello Kitty brush set which I love!

Anonymous said...

hi vanessa i was just wondering how you would compare the color of pink fish to l'oreal hip jelly balm in plush? they look really similar & i already have the jelly balm but im thinking of getting pink fish. my name is erica & my e-mail is soupadope@hotmail.com
hope to hear back from you soon & nice layout btw!

Unknown said...

hello do you any dupes for stylin in the lucky tom palette? thanks. I wish I had seen this before i bought the too dolly palette cause those milani colors appear to be more pigmented but then again i got it cause of the packaging.

Unknown said...

I cant find those milani shadows anywhere either...are they d/c?

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter