Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!

.

The fiance and I LOVE Christmas, it's our favorite holiday so we definitely enjoyed decorating our place and the tree. I just love this time of the year, it reminds me of my childhood back in Canada; waiting for my dad to come home from work because he always had a little surprise for me, like a small toy or chocolate, and staring at the streets covered in snow. So it's the one holiday I love going all out for.

This year is particularly special because it's OUR first Christmas living together, our first Christmas in our new place, and because it's MY first real tree. I kid you not, I never had a real tree. My mom always bought the fake trees because they were so much easier to deal with. So the fiance and I went to the tree lot and picked out a nice tall noble fir tree. I originally liked the flocked tree but we decided to do the traditional green this year; we already bought all our ornaments before we got our tree so we were ready to decorate! Jon bought some twinkling lights too. And my goodness, the smell of pine filling up our house is intoxicating! I love it.

Any of y'all done decorating for the holidays?

Some of our ornaments (I love the candy canes!):
The flocked trees are so pretty!
Jon fluffing the tree!
Of course I was having fun haha
Starting to wrap some gifts!
 
Finished!

15 comments

Kristen said...

Your tree is beautiful! It's our (my fiance and I) first Christmas living together too and we even put lights on the front porch and everything. It's a very special Christmas this year! I think it's marking the beginning of a very good 2011! Happy Holidays girl!

Kalmo said...

Aw what a beautiful tree. Yay to Jon and your first Christmas living together, congrats on the engagement again. LOL at the pic of you wrapped up in lights. Real trees are really nice b/c of the smell, I heard that you can crush aspirin and mix it in the water (for the tree) and it helps it last longer??

Vanessa said...

Thanks Kristen! I agree girly, 2011 is gonna be a great year I can feel it! Happy holidays to you and your fiance too!

@Kalmo- Oooh I heard that about flowers too should try that! And thanks! ;)

Silva said...

Your tree is so pretty!

Arezu said...

Your tree looks like something out of a magazine, it's beautiful!

Haha, my dad used to do the same thing when he got home from work, he'd always bring us a treat like chocolate, candy and it was always the highlight of my day (:

Btw, I love your jacket, it is so cute!

ange said...

hehe you look adorable all wrapped up in lights! i think you should do an inspired look for that. and i have never seen a flocked tree before! i am just waiting for my exams to be done before i start in on decorating.

TK said...

LoL cute pictures!! =)

Meheen said...

I'm so excited too! I haven't had a real tall tree since I was a little kid, my parents either got NO tree at all or a little potted one. My parents are big Scrooges too LOL so now I'm going all out.

Samyukta said...

we dont really celebrate christmas so much in India but your post does reflect the festive mood :) Your tree is beautiful Vanessa and I so love the snow flakes that are left to dangle from the tree..
Merry Christmas and happy holidays girl :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

OMG! I just found out that you're back blogging!<3<3<3<3 SO HAPPY~ ^______^

And the X-Mas tree looks pretty~too bad I'm too busy to even set mine up.....T____T;;

XOXO
Miss. P

sally said...

the tree looks awesome!! and girl, you look like you've lost more weight! looking good!! bride to be!!! :D

AskMeWhats said...

Nessa, never had a "real" christmas tree down here! Ugh, how I wish I live in a province or I live somewhere were real Christmas trees are available!

Unknown said...

you look so adorable with the lights around u.. merry xmas dear.

Indian Sarees said...

Good post.. realy informative.. thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely gorgeous. The Holiday season is my fave too ^^

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter