Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review: Korres Products

.

Flew back in from Washington late last night and thought I would do a quick review on a few Korres products. I love the Korres brand at Sephora; most of their products I have tried so far are so gentle on my sensitive skin and I am a fan of their Yogurt Face Cream and their bronzers. I was excited to try a few of their other products, their Milk Protein Wipes ($12), Blush #18 in Peach ($29), Anti-ageing Face Primer ($33), and their Autumn Look/Cool Collection eyeshadow palette ($35).

Overall: 5/5

(From the press release), these wipes are rich in essential amino acids and offer nourishing and moisturizing benefits; contains Aloe and pro-vitamin B5 to sooth the skin and reduce redness and irritation. Gently removing all traces of face and eye makeup.

My experience: The Milk Proteins cleansing and makeup removing wipes is for those with Normal to Dry skin which is great for me since my cheeks and nose are often dry. There are a lot of wipes in the pack and each wipe is softly quilted to provide gentle exfoliation and to ensure the removal of makeup. They have a soft scent and did a great job at removing my makeup at the end of the day. I brought these with me to Washington and it worked great, especially because it's so cold over there, I was trying not to wash my face too much to avoid drying it out, so these wipes were handy and will last you a long time. I like these better than the MAC wipes and they smell better in my opinion, however I do like the snap top on the MAC wipes, however these Korres wipes have a resealable seal that prevents the wipes from drying out.

Milk in general is great for its moisturizing and nourishing properties.

 Overall: 3.5/5

Natural Anti-Ageing Quercetin & Oak Primer ($33)- Instantly fills up wrinkles and provides a smooth skin surface for lasting makeup application. The Hyaluronic acid forms a protective shield on the skin providing immediate moisture and elasticity. Quercetin is derived from Oak Bark and has been proven to boost cell regeneration containing over 50 powerful natural antioxidants.

My experience: Like other Korres primers, this has the same scent (smells like lemon meringue pie to me), it goes on smooth and does create a nice smooth primed surface for makeup application, however I didn't notice it holding onto my makeup as well as I would have liked (as in most of the day or all day), but it does make your makeup look flawless when you first apply it (mineral powder and even liquid foundation). Since I do not have any wrinkles (yet!), it's hard to tell whether it does a great job of filling in lines and wrinkles, however it received great reviews on Sephora regarding this aspect. It's not an oily or slippery primer, it totally melts into your skin leaving it nicely moisturized and prevents makeup from "sliding off". It doesn't control oil, so don't expect it to, but it's definitely a decent primer to try out, and a little goes a long way.

 Overall: 5/5

Korres Zea Mays Powder Blush #18 Peach ($29)- Has luminous finish and velvety texture. Has zea mays (corn) particles for a nice effect. Available in 8 shades: 15 natural, 16 pink, 18 peach, 22 purple, 32 purple-brown, 44 orange, 45 coral, and 47 orange-brown.

My experience: I am in love with this blush! It's such a pretty peachy pink color with a touch of shimmer, and the one thing I love about this blush is how soft and natural it is. At times I have a heavy hand and end up with a lot of color, but this is so light (so light it was hard to take a swatch as it looks like I had nothing on my hand) and allows you to build up to your desired color that you don't even need to worry so much about having a heavy hand. It really gives a nice natural glow to any complexion. It's kind of pricey for a blush but it gives off great color, lasts a long time, and has it's own mirrored compact. I used it in my holiday look here, but in person, it's amazing.

Overall: 2/5

Korres Autumn Look/Cool Collection Eyeshadow Palette ($35)- Features a wash of cold white, silver, purple and plum for the winter season. Long wearing, crease-resistant eyeshadows rich in hydrating primrose and antioxidant sunflower oils that care for the delicate eye area. (51 Silver/10 White/ 77 Plum/ 75 Purple)

My experience: I do like the packaging of this palette, how you can open each individual eyeshadow on its own in easy to open/close snap cases, but I was disappointed in the pigmentation of this particular shade (cool), I found the color payoff to be terrible on 3 out of the 4 eye shadows (only the dark purple was a pretty and a well-pigmented shade). Granted these are "winter-esque" shades so they need to be 'cooler', I was expecting the grey silver color to be well- more silver and a tad bit darker. Even the pretty lilac shade on the very right looks so pretty IN the palette but on the skin (at least on my light skin) it was drowning out and it was hard to see any color, even with an eyeshadow primer. They have other palette shades that have great pigmentation, but this particular shade just didn't work well with me. However, I do recommend it perhaps to those who may have darker skin as I think this may fare well and show up better on those with darker skin tones. It does last long and has great wearability, I just wish the shades stood out more in this particular palette.

6 comments

Silva said...

The blush looks so pretty!

~Lisa said...

I didn't even know Korres had makeup! LOL, I only knew about their lotions and creams =)

AskMeWhats said...

the eyeshadow palette is gorgeous! i love how you an open each lid and not the whole thing at once! :)

I only have tried to Korres body lotion, didn't know they have makeup! :)

Happy New Year Nessa to you and your family!

Jennifer of JennySue Makeup said...

As much as I buy at Sephora, I've never noticed this brand, but I def will next time I'm in there. Great blog and in depth reviews on these products! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I like the blush color! Also, I loved the Hello Kitty brushes of an old post, they look so pretty and PINK! haha

Ahleessa said...

Happy New Year!!! :) Thanks for the review.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter