Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Product Review: Korres Yogurt Cream

.



I haven't had time to take pics of the additional prizes to the 2 additional winners Erica and I picked out since I had a bad migraine on Friday, so I will try and get around to it hopefully tomorrow. :)

I have officially found my holy grail of moisturizers- Korres' Yogurt Cream. ($29.50 at Sephora). Korres is a brand originated in Greece, and they have TONS of other awesome products that I can't wait to also try out.

This crazy weather lately has been making my skin super dry, and I've even gone back to the oil cleansing method and skipping washing my face in the morning (now using a makeup wipe) just to avoid making it more raw and flaky. I even tried the thickest and greasiest of moisturizers, only to have my skin eat it up and it's STILL dry and/or it breaks me out. Hence i've been using my liquid foundations lately so that my mineral foundation didn't make my flaky skin more obvious.

So out of desperation to find the perfect moisturizer that works for me; I caved in and spent $29.50 on Korres' Yogurt Cream which is a moisturizing cream for oily and dehydrated skin. It is perfect for everyday use on all skin types. It contains actual yogurt as well as lactose, proteins, minerals, vitamin E, and olive oil to provide moisture and hydration to dry skin.

After just one night of use, I immediately noticed a difference in my skin, the dry flakes were gone, my skin was moisturized, soft, and supple; and it felt A LOT smoother. It definitely gave me results that no drugstore brand has given me, and the best part? It didn't break me out nor did my skin absorb it too fast to where it felt dry again and i'd have to re-apply. I can see why it got such amazing reviews!

I even had the BF try it and put a tiny bit on his face and he liked it!

What's great is that there are no parabens, sulphates, or any of that nasty stuff, it has mostly natural ingredients.

Ingredients:


Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Price: $29.50 @ Sephora
Would I buy again? Yes

What they say: Yogurt is often thought of as the perfect afternoon snack. But few people know that it is also an ancient healing remedy that goes back hundreds of years. In Greece, yogurt is known for its ability to instantly soothe the skin by delivering increased moisture to the upper levels of the epidermis.



PROS:
- A little goes a long way, you only need a little bit; I dab four dots on my face (cheeks, chin, and forehead) and rub it into my skin in circular motions.
- Smells so yummy!
- Really moisturizes my face without being too greasy, my skin totally absorbs it and keeps it hydrated and moist.
- The cream itself isn't thick or watery thin, it's in between. It may feel greasy and thick at first, but doesn't stay like that once your skin absorbs it.
- Just after a week of use I noticed a more even skin tone, smoother and softer face, and no more dryness!
- Available at Sephora, not hard to find.

CONS:
- The jar is a bit small, but a little goes a long way so it lasts for me.
- Also it's IN a jar, and I know that some people don't like having to dip their fingers in, but I actually prefer my moisturizers in a tub/jar, those are the best ones!
- $29.50 may be a little steep for some, but totally worth it for me because I love the results!

Also try:
- Their yogurt mask

Overall? I am absolutely in love with this moisturizer, it doesn't break me out and keeps my face moisturized and haven't had dry flaky skin since I've been using it. I use it both morning and night and I love the smell. I definitely recommend it to those of you who have dry skin (even though ANY skin type can use it), as well as those of you who haven;t quite found their holy grail moisturizer. Definitely try it and see if it works for you, you can always return it with Sephora's awesome return policy!





26 comments

Iyah Love said...

This is a very interesting product! Yay! I tried home made yogurt mask before and its amazing! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

oh man.... you're making this very very tempting indeed!

Anonymous said...

oh i love the ingredients!!! all the stuff i love! great review!

Kris said...

I have gotten a few samples of their stuff and so far I like it.

The only thing I wish they would do though is up with spf. The ones I have tried that have spf in it have been only spf 6.

Kris said...

I have gotten a few samples of their stuff and so far I really like it.

The only thing I wish they would do though is up the spf. The ones I have tried that have spf in it have been only spf 6.

Unknown said...

great post. i'll definitely be giving this a try, ive been looking for something that will give my skin more moisture, and the all natural ingredients are a major plus!

LOVEpink said...

ohhh sounds super good!!! i wna try ittt! but i JUST bought my clinique moisture surge :( great review!!!

Jéssy said...

This seems to be very good moisturizer =)!
The cream should have a smell great, no?
it smells of yogurt? HAHA

Urg! My skin is getting very oily lately

Ah! I also got sick these days =S

mayaari said...

glad that you found something to help your skin! I totally love Korres products - their lotions and lip butters are a great treat for the skin as well :)

Anonymous said...

o0o How do you think this will hold up for you in the summertime? Have you tried natural oils like extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil, maybe? Did those work out for you? I was just wondering because I've heard olive oil as being an HG for all those girls out there who just weren't finding anything in the cosmeceutical industry cutting it for them.

♔Jaimie said...

I'm definitely going to try this, I'm always looking for a new moisturizer. My skin has been tripping so bad lately, maybe this will help. :h:

sanniet said...

ohhh man I have to give this a try! but 30 bucks is a bit steep for me >_< My skin is really dry too! The cold weather is not helping at all! Maybe If I save up I'll get a tub and try it for myself hehe thanks for the great reviews! I love your reviews <3

Stephanie T said...

Hey Vanessa, can you do an update of your skincare regimen?

Unknown said...

I always walk by the korres line in sephora but it never caught my eye and I was really hesitant in trying it, but since you did this post i think im going to go for it! thanks your posts are always so thorough and helpful!

Anonymous said...

i've been wanting to try their mask

Cindy L. said...

This seems amazing.. I will have to check this out! Hopefully it has some spf in it though since I like to shield myself from the sun's rays.

-Cindy :)

Jessica said...

This does sound amazing! I'm confused as to why it says "no animal by-products" if it has yoghurt (which has dairy) in it though. :/

Angel said...

if anyone's is interested with this.. u can buy a set at sephora.com including full size moisturizer & mask plus cleanser and sample of eye cream for only $45!!! i know im getting it!!! thanks vanessa!

Fun Size said...

Thanks for the review, I'm thinking of picking one up at Sephora today :) Hope it works for me, because I've been looking for a great moisturizer.

Z said...

I love the way you do your reviews! :)

Angel said...

ooopsss btw.... sephora has 15% off online coupon and the code is "Code: J89LM" til 3-7-09!!!

Anonymous said...

After reading this, I went and bought one. It's a lot cheaper here, which I guess makes sense considering it's produced here. (I'm from Greece.) You're right: you can feel the difference even when applying for the first time. And to think I never thought of trying out the products! I now use this as a night cream, because I'm using one with SPF for day cream, but I'm definitely looking over the rest of the products. The lady at the drugstore was kind enough to provide with some mask samples too.

Thanks for recommending this! I had it right under my nose and never actually thought it might be good. I'm happy I found such a great moisturiser! :)

Anonymous said...

i just bought this based on your review, and thank you so much! my skin has been going crazy, it's usually combo, but now, it's super dry dry dry, and dry! i just put a little on my cheek, man, it felt so good. my skin usually just ate up a bunch of moisturizers and so far this one has managed to stay on and make my skin nice and smooth.
oh, and, i got it in a kit with the yogurt mask and facial cleanser and eye cream for only 45$. the yogurt cream moisturizer and mask were both full size so i considered it a great deal!!

Unknown said...

:h: Hi Vanessa, I found your blog by searching for Korres Yogurt Moisturizer review.. :)
I just bought this yesterday by a sale rep at Sephora..and just wanted to read the reviews. Thanks for a great review. I notice a difference in my skin too after 1 night. I'll definitely try the mask :).

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad I found this review! My skin is definitely parched/dehydrated, yet oily and acne-prone. I have the toughest time finding a holy grail day or night moisturizer. Everything I've tried is either too greasy, breaks me out, or just disappears on my skin. I'm really looking for something that will soothe and soften my skin this winter. Thanks so much for this review...I'm going to run right out and try this!

Unknown said...

I use this product and I love it, but it doesn't look like the product is as natural as it claims. "No alcohol" is checked but the product has a few alcohol ingredients, which could be harmful.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter