Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FOTD: Blue Ice

.

This is a reader request FOTD from a reader who had a shirt she wanted me to match; and the colors on it were blue, green, and black. I took the pic towards the end of the day so it's not "fresh" but ah well. She also wanted me to use Milani/Mac products preferrably. :) Lately I haven't been doing many "looks" because my skin is being fussy so I am letting it "breathe" and do its thing...haha.

What sucks is that this saturday is my sister's party and im still sick, my throat hurts like hell (lost my voice too), and my skin is being stubborn. All of which will not go away come Saturday. Don't you hate that??! When something bad happens before an event? Like a huge pimple on your nose or a place you can't really "hide" it...so aggravating!

Anyway, for this look, I used Milani's "Blue Ice" and "Storm", and MAC e/s in "Eyepopping"(LE) from the C-Shock collection.

Up next: Revlon Fantasy Lengths Falsies Review!





What I used:

[Face]

- YSL Skin Radiance Brush
- Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC30
- Buff'd Mineral Foundation in "Chamois" and "Almond" mixed together
- MAC PRO Loose Setting Powder

[Cheeks]
- I forgot what I used, but it was either NARS "Torrid" or MAC "Springsheen" blush

[Eyes]
- MAC e/s in "Eyepopping" on the inner lid
- Milani e/s in "Blue Ice" on the middle of the lid
- Milani e/s in "Storm" on the outer-V
- MAC e/s in "Naval" on lower outer-V
- MAC e/s in "Femme-Fi" as highlight
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
- Vincent Longo Mascara Sample (it sucked)
- Urban Decay eyeliners in "Zero" & "Electric"

[Lips]
- MAC l/s in "Creme de Femme"

32 comments

Unknown said...

:h: I like the color combination, its like a tropical bird.

Anonymous said...

that has got to be the prettiest BLUE i've seen!

im done said...

ahh i love ALL your looks..

i esp like this type of electric blue ish color.

well I have a contest going on. i would love to see you in drag makeup!!

check it out if you want.

i only have a few entries =[

AskMeWhats said...

Nessa, I hope your skin gets better :) And I hope by the time your sister's bday party your throat is better :) I love this look you made!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous look! Storm is amazing :)

Anonymous said...

I love the blue too! I want to get it now!

Iyah Love said...

I love this look! Sooo dark blue :)

Anonymous said...

you look like a blue and gold macaw! so pretty! always love deep blue. it's gorgeous on you!

♥Leigh♥ said...

I love how your eyes are naturally brown.Hehe.And somehow if jaime dollaga was referring to a bird,I think it would be a peacock?Haha.But I love how the Blue turned out. It's vibrant and lively.And wow,your cheeks just pops.Amazing.I wish mine was like that.Hehe!You're very pretty!

asdf said...

glamorous!

B said...

I wish those shadows were still sold in stores. That blue looks as bright as mac's deep truth!

Shana Janelle said...

Very Pretty! I hope you feel better soon.

Lovevashares said...

oooo i like the look!!! (: great mixture. hehe. oh yea btw! i had BLOG AWARDED you nessa! check out the blogspot to see the rules for this fun award tag! :P

- Eva

Laura L said...

love your blue eyes... so pretty :h:

Phyrra said...

I love the blue, and the little pop of green to accent.

Girl with Curl said...

I really like this look.

A. Rose said...

OMG. That deep blue color is gorgeous~!! Hope you feel better soon! :)

The Shades Of U said...

Aww, get well soon girl *hugs*, hope your skin would stop acting up soon (mine is having some PMS issues too!). This is such an amazing look. I admit I don't use Milani eyeshadow stuff anymore (I keep reaching for MAC and mineral shadows), but this look made me vow to give them some new love. Love the blues on you!

beeyoutiful7 said...

Oh my..
I don't know how your makeup can look so pigmented!!! I do use my primer and such but I never get a color that pigmented! You're so talented and beautiful <3

Anita said...

i know how that throat feels..i took a day off for the same..hope u recover soon..

Sofia said...

lovely blue combo!!! i love how u mixed the green in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Nessa! I wish I knew how to put e/s colors together like this!

Speaking of - I got my order from NYX today - I got the set of 43 eyeshadows! Has anyone ever found a palette that will fit the square NYX shadows? I don't know what I'm going to do w/ all these single ones. LOL

Jen
bambilegal@aol.com

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous Blue Ice look that I've ever seen! You are so rockin' the blue look! I hope you get well soon girlie!

Ahleessa said...

Blue looks so gorgeous on you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

you look like a blue and gold macaw! in a good way of course! beautiful! can you do my eyes, especially the false lashes??? :)

Julisa said...

sooo pretty!! love those colors

Janelle said...

Blue really makes your brown eyes pop. Love it!

GurlOnA"Diet" said...

wow this is ur skin when it's acting up? i think this is better than when my skin is calm...LMAO

u look GORGEOUS!

blushing in high heels said...

HEYY GIRL!!! i just wanna get you know that TOMORROW!!! fri the 27th gilt group is having a sample sale for SMASHBOX makeup!
for more info....
http://blushinginhighheels.blogspot.com/

iaintjomama said...

hi vanessa,

sorry, but this doesn't have to do with this entry.. but i really like it, though! :] so on my trip to vegas, i stuck my makeup bag in my check-in luggate. on the way there, the top portion of my soft & gentle MSF totally cracked into like 5 big chunks. what do you suggest i do with it?

joanne
(joannelaurel@hotmail.com)

iaintjomama said...

hi vanessa,

sorry but this doesn't have to do with your entry.. but i do like it, though! :] anyways, so on my trip to vegas, i stuck my makeup bag in with my check-in luggate. when i unpacked after i got there, i found out that the top portion of my soft & gentle MSF totally broke into like 5 big chunks. what do you suggest i do with it?

joanne
(joannelaurel@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

You are talented

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter