Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Food: How to make spam musubi!

.

I thought id share how I made spam musubi (I didn't bother adding any sauce), but just simply spam, sushi rice, and the Nori (roasted seaweed paper). I also bought a musubi maker which molds everything at Marukai for like $2.50!

It's a great snack from the islands of Hawaii (as my co-worker can vouch since she is from there lol).

What you need:
- Nori cut into strips (or you can buy it already made into strips)
- A can of spam cut into 10 or so slices
- Sushi rice (as this binds together and sticks better than regular white rice)
- Soy sauce/teriyaki sauce, etc. (optional, I chose not to add it this time)
- Musubi maker or you can use the spam can as a mold





1. First I fried the spam a bit because I personally like it a bit crispy!


2. Place the musubi maker on top of the seaweed paper like so...


3. Then fill in the box almost halfway with freshly cooked sushi rice


4. Add spam, then add more rice on top till the brim. You can also fill up the rice halfway then place the spam on top, whichever you prefer. I like my spam on top but I showed the other way you can do it :)


5. Push down to flatten the rice and spam to mold it using the musubi maker presser/top




And voila!

30 comments

YingX said...

ohh, thats so cool. thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

LOL Did you buy that from Marukai? My boyfriend and I picked one up for ourselves, one for his sister, and one for his mom hahaha. It's such a useful little thing. The thing is, we got ours for $3.99 :(. Rawrrrr.

njoy. said...

I'm from Hawaii too. I had spam musubi all the time for lunch in high school. Ahhh memories. You can also add fried egg for breakfast on the go :)

dani said...

spam musubi's are the best!
i live in hawaii and they are so great!

izumi said...

ohh i freaking LOVE spam musubi!! hahaha aahh so hungry..

AskMeWhats said...

yum, that looks yummy :)

notjustminerals said...

We ate this last week at a Hawaiian resto here in Manila. I love it! I'll try making one at home. Thanks for posting Nessa.

J said...

Looks really good! I'm gonna have to try this...

ectini said...

I'm from HI too (: I haven't eaten spam musubi in awhile though.

It's easier & less messy to eat if you cut the spam in thin strips; layer a little rice on the nori, put some spam on, and roll it up into a skinny eggroll-ish shape. Great fingerfood for parties (:

FuN and MakeUp said...

yUmmieeeeeeeeee where can i get that square shaping thing tho??? i love those!! dont we neda put some kinda sauce over the rice? i love these!

sanniet said...

mmm this would make such a great lunch! ty <3

Anonymous said...

lol ive been looking for that mold
what does the package it came in look like?

Vanessa said...

Hi Njoy! Mmm! Thanks for the fried egg suggestion! I gotta try that one of these days!

Vanessa said...

Hi Jess- I got it from Marukai!

Yumyumsushi- It's in a simple black box with a pic of the maker on the sides of the box...

Tracy Buenafe said...

Hey Vanessa!

spam musubi's are BOMB!

there's even PINK musubi makers out there!

Iyah Love said...

Omgosh! Thank you for this!! I have to buy this from marukai & make my own! Woot! I'm so excited! :h:

Vanessa said...

untrracybul- WHAAA???? PINK musubu makers??!!! OMG now the search is on! LOL. Thanks girl!

makeupw. gevie said...

MMM! I just bought a couple from L & L yesterday.. pretty good but I wish they made the SPAM pieces fatter! haha.

Sophie said...

Oh wow, that looks tasty :D

asdf said...

ohh yummy!
you should try putting furikake in the rice too!
and w/ scrambled eggs! yuummmmmm.

A. Rose said...

This made me REALLY hungry!!

Jo said...

lol SPAM!

Charmy said...

I make this ALL THE TIME, makes me want some right now. Do you make the sauce as well? I dip the spam in the sauce before putting it in the mold too.

aquaracer said...

yay for spam musubi's! thanks for sharing how to make it. i would love to try it!

MakeupByRenRen said...

yummy! i love using turkey spam :)

FAB_Ladee said...

yummm that looks delicous. i loveeeee musubis:D

ialways get them at land l hawaiian bbq!!

Julienne said...

ooh wow that looks yummy and easy to make! ^0^

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

you making me feel hungry! I havent had spam in a long time. Now I want to have some!! lol.

Anonymous said...

OMG I Live On This In Oahu
Everyday I Make This For School
I Wish I Had That Maker My Hands Always Gets Sticky From The Rice;)

Lovevashares said...

too cool! i never knew they had a little shaper for making spam musubis. haha (:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter