Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, March 27, 2009

Revlon Fantasy Lengths Eyelashes

.



I recently had the opportunity to try some Revlon False Eyelashes, and they are pretty natural looking! I love how they don't need ANY glue whatsoever, so if you are a makeup artist on the go, or going away for the weekend, these make great additions to the makeup bag because you don't need to fumble for the glue.

Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Where to buy: Pretty much anywhere like drugstores, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.
Price: Ranges depending on store, but starts around $5+
Would I buy again: Yes

They describe them as: REVLON Fantasy Lengths Maximum Wear eyelashes are a revolutionary way to go from Plain Jane to Naturally Fantastic instantly. Without messy glue to fumble with - you can have perfect lashes that stay where you want them to - even in water!

My 2 cents: I haven't tried them in water, like swimming or taking a shower so I can't say whether they stay in those conditions, lol, but they do stay on pretty well considering there's just a glue adhesive but not actual glue (it's like comparing what stays on better, acrylic nails or sticker press-on nails). But these lashes don't fall off like I thought they would. I actually wore a pair (99501) to the Makeup Show in LA a few weekends ago, and they stayed on for a pretty long time.

The band itself is all black, not clear, so you don't have to worry too much about applying eyeliner if you are in a hurry to 'hide' the band. They don't feel any different (as in uncomfortable) in comparison to regular false eyelashes and each pair of falsies also comes with an EXTRA STRIP of adhesive so that you can re-use them (how awesome is that?!) AND it comes with a tiny plastic square looking thing that I forgot to take a picture of, but it basically is used to help you apply your false lash. You pretty much apply them the same way you apply regular falsies, but without the glue.

To apply the extra band, they have detailed instructions that come with each pair, basically just holding the lash next to the extra band, pressing so that it adheres to the lash, and voila, a brand new pair!

PROS:
- No glue is required
- Stays on well and lasts long (at least for me)
- Easy to find and it's affordable
- Very natural looking lashes, not heavy at all
- Comes with an extra adhesive strip so that you can re-use your lashes

CONS:
- They don't have a lot of variety as of yet in terms of the different styles of lashes like Ardell where they have different series of their lashes and various #'s for each pair(runway, glam, etc.)

Overall: Like I mentioned earlier, for those of you who are on the go, hate glue, or are challenged when it comes to applying falsies; then you might want to give these a try because they are pretty easy to use and easy to find. The only con is that they don't have much selection when it comes to the style of falsies you are looking for, but the ones they DO have are natural looking and soft.





I didn't really go through and blend my lashes with these, but just so you can get an idea of how pretty and natural they look...


17 comments

Mrs. Mogul said...

Thanks for the review - These will be the first falsie I try

Janelle said...

Great review! These lashes have been popping up EVERYWHERE. I want to try them!

A. Rose said...

I was able to get my hands on a few days ago. Now I'm excited to try them!! Thanks for the great review :)

sanniet said...

thanks for the review! I hate falsie glue! >_< I will def. pick some of these up <3

aquaracer said...

oh, i love these!!! i've also made a review on these maybe 2 weeks ago? cool you've got more designs. so far i've only seen 2 diff ones.

enjoy your family time! :)

PaperedLove said...

Whoa no glue needed!? That sounds like heaven! I hate taking all that time to put the glue on then waiting for it to dry. I'll have to try these.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review! I'm so willing to try those lashes since no glue is required, which is a good thing!

Anonymous said...

i want to try these! i wonder if i can find them here in canada yet? otherwise i can wait a couple weeks when i'm in vegas

Sofia said...

i want some of these...i had no idea the glue was attached...I hatedealing with the messy glue..i'll def try these :D

AskMeWhats said...

I hope we have it down here, this is something I would go for, I am always in a hurry in the morning, and this would be wonderfuL :) Thanks for the review nessa :)

ectini said...

I almost bought a pair of these for my prom, but I chose a diff. brand at the last minute... should've tried these lol :P Definately will try later on. Thanks for the review!

♥Leigh♥ said...

Ya they do look pretty natural. AND you look great. I just hate using falsies when they tend to be a little stiff..and sometimes they're kinda heavy to wear.HAHA!

Kristy Nguyen said...

*gasp* these look awesome!! no glue application? ima def. try em thanks vanessa!

Anonymous said...

thanks for this love,
I have been eyeing on those falsies for awhile now, just wasn't sure if they would be as good..now I definitely need to get meself one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review, they look great on!

Girl with Curl said...

I'm always too lazy to try falsies so I might have to try these.

shuzhen1994 said...

Great review =) I'm definitely going to go buy some! It's great that there is no need for glue.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter