Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Product Review- L'Oreal Voluminous Eyeliner Marker

.


Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $7-$9, CVS Pharmacy, any drugstore
Color: Black

What they say: Design a soft or dramatic liner look for your eyes with L'Oreal's Voluminous eyeliner in a mistake-proof marker.

I am a sucker for eyeliners, I know when it comes to us Asian gals, many say eyeliner makes our eyes appear smaller, but for me it's the opposite, eyeliner makes my eyes look bigger (I will show you a pic oneday haha), without eyeliner I think I look sleepy...so when it comes to buying eyeliners, I like trying them all. I went into CVS and picked up the L'Oreal Voluminous Eyeliner, I was intrigued because it was like a marker and reminded me of the eyeliner pens like Physician's Formula Eyeliner Pens which also worked great but dried up fast.

PROS: It's pretty neat, it has a chiseled felt-tip, just like a marker, making it easy to line the eyes from the inner corner out. The flat part can be used to line, and the pointed part can be used to wing out your eyeliner. The fluid itself is like regular liquid eyeliners and stays on all day. I love it because it's my "makeup bag eyeliner" that stays with me in my purse for any touch-ups, and since it's like a marker, it's a good space saver.

CONS: None!

Overall: It's pretty neat, if you are looking for a cheap but good eyeliner that will last, give this a try!

17 comments

Unknown said...

Thanks for this review!

Kim said...

I felt the same way about the PF eyeliner marker! I even bought one from Ulta once that was already dried up :(

I love L'Oreal's liquid eyeliners, especially the lineur intensifique/intense. They are the only eyeliners I have that last all day besides the MAC liquidlasts (which are sticky).

Can this one get a really thin line?

I'm also curious about Cover Girl's pen-like one.

Stephy said...

wow this looks awesome and looks easy to use! now i wonder why l'oreal releases so many great products in the states while canadians never get any of them! :(
we don't even have the de-crease shadow primer here! so sad... :(

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Nice review sis. I feel like I'm not as awake without eyeliner also. Which is why I ALWAYS need to put on my waterline at least because I feel like when I don't do anything, it makes me look like I'm 15 :P

Vega said...

Hi, Vanessa! (I'm Spanish, so I apologize for my bad English, hehe) I have been reading your blog since yesterday, and it's amazing! Congratulations. :) You are an artist!
Well, I am hesitating to buy in some webs you recommend here or not, so here are my doubts:
Do you think it's worth the trouble buying on MadMinerals and Cherry Culture (Nyx, Amuse, Princessa, L.A. Girl)? Are they high-quality brands, or it's better buy other brands here?
I have doubts because I want place a big order (because of shipping costs), but not lose a lot of money in poor-quality items.
Thanks a lot!

Vega,
beadramaqueen at gmail dot com.

Aradani said...

I use that liner on a daily basis ever since i got too lazy to use use a brush and cream liner = P
I'm glad you reviewed it! I had no idea how it actually holds up to other liners since it was actually only my second or third liner. I love how it stays on, but I hate how quickly it runs once water hits it.

Mai Nguyen said...

nice review! i'm still trying to get a hang with the upper lashline. i think i will pick this up tmr and see how it works for me! =)

AskMeWhats said...

wow that looks exactly like a marker! gosh! i should just use a marker for my eyes eh? LOL thanks for the info!!! i gotta have this on my "want" list :) thanks nessa!

Anonymous said...

I really wanna try this ... But do you think that this will be available in Japan ???

MakeupByRenRen said...

i saw this at the store! and yes i too am a die hard eyeliner user...it's hard for me to find a comparable one to my revlon though...does the color come out just as intense as revlon liquid liner? sometimes felt tip ones like this come out kind of green black...can't wait to see it on you sis!

Aswathi R said...

hey,
thanks for introducing this eye-liner but is it real easy to use it cos of its chisel shape.

Andra said...

I have a hard time with this product, it just doesn't go on smoothly enough. I wish the tip was a bit more fine/chiseled. I always have to touch up with a q-tip. :(

Maybe you could give us a video tutorial at some point when you have a bit of time? Thanks Vanessa.

TheDaughterOfTyr said...

Neat, I love their mascaras so I might have to give this a go if I can stumble across it up here in Canada. :)

XPPINKXX said...

Vanessa Dhhhhaling

Take me wit you to vegas!..i hear you and yummie bites are going! =(...when i move out to cali i am gunna def. check out the convention as well as find you and take a picture with your fabulous self...and say me with VANESSA ..lol

ehhh back to your abb comment im soooo sick of talking about it...but yeah you feel me on so many levels...so childish and just stupid...but look at you now with your blog... your turning into an empire and with that so many will follow...

i see that you have a bit of dramz yourself...someone wants to be you! doesnt that piss you off...but yet make you feel important..hhaha...anywhoot...have a good weekend and spoil us with pics while we sit here and ooogle..

xo

yummy411 said...

can you do an fotd with this or at least line your eye or a swatch? i'm worried about it looking off -black or gray.=/

(g)ezebel said...

i MUST have this. *going to walgreens or target very soon* does it come in waterproof??

Bliss said...

Great review, im always on search for the next great eyeliner to add to my collection lol

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter