Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Reader Questions:

.

I haven't done this bit in a long time, but I have had a lot of reader questions (and 80 emails in my inbox!) that I am still trying to find time to answer! So here are a few questions I received recently, I'll be adding more as I come across them.

I have a focus group tonight for Anastasia Beverly Hills(the infamous eyebrow company) so I won't have time tonight, but I will get around to all your emails this week. :)

Q: How are the NYX Lip Pencils? Are these lipsticks moisturizing? How do they feel on lips? How are the staying powder of these things? Do they feel like lipstick on? Do they bleed?

A: The NYX lip pencils are not really moisturizing as much as their sister, the NYX Round Lipsticks. Again these are pencils, so it's in the middle for me, not overly drying, but I need to add some chapstick as a base or gloss to not give me a "tight" feeling. They feel fine on the lips, sorta creamy, again after awhile they may give a tight or dry feeling, but the colors are phenomenal. They didn't really bleed for me, but they do feel like you have lipstick on, and there's not much staying power on these babies.

Q: Which is better MAC's "Swimming" eyeshadow or Milani's "Garden Mist"?

A: I like MAC's "Swimming" better, I think it's more pigmented and a better color than "Garden Mist", but I love Milani's other colors!


Q: What are your favorite eyeliners and drugstore brands?


A: I like Revlon Colorstay Eyeliners, MAC Fluidlines, and Indelible Gel Eyeliners. In drugstore brands, I like L'Oreal, their Telescopic mascara is awesome!

Q: What shade are you in Everyday Minerals?

A: I believe I am a mix of light medium olive and a little bit of light tan...it's been awhile since I used their foundations!

Q: You take great pictures! What camera do you use?

A: I use two cameras, a Nikon D40x Digital SLR camera, 35mm lens with UV Filter and a pocket digital camera, a Canon SD750.

Q: What are your favorite nude lipsticks?


A: I like MAC's "Myth" and "Fleshpot" lipsticks (Fleshpot from the Heatherette collection) and NYX's Round Lipstick in "Circe". I also do it the "ghetto" way and sometimes apply some MAC lip erase in "dim" and some gloss!

Q: What MAC brushes do you have?

A: MAC #180 buffer brush I use to apply my mineral foundation, #217 blending brush, #239 eye shading brush for pigments or eyeshadows (wet or dry), #138 tapered rose bud tip looking brush I use for contouring cheekbones, #136 blush brush to apply my blush, and #109 contouring brush, and #187 stippling brush for light application of MSF's, blush, or foundation.

Q: What concealers do you recommend to hide under eye circles?

A: Lately I have been using MUFE (Makeup Forever) Full Cover Concealer #8, then applying MAC's StudioFinish Concealer in NC30 to cover up my dark circles. I will do a review on the MUFE concealer soon! For drugstore brands, Physician's Formula Concealer Duo is awesome!

Q: Which will make a better base for eyeshadows, Loreal de-crease, MAC paint pots or MAC paints?

A: I like the MAC Paint Pots personally just because they are a bit thicker and hold better for me as well as neutralizing my entire lid. The L'Oreal De-Crease works like a charm too (just like UDPP) but doesn't really neutralize my lid the way I like but I DO use both interchangeably every now and then, I like to switch things around and use one on one day and the other on the next. I also have MAC Paints (I love "Chiaroscuro"!) and it too works like a charm!

11 comments

Anonymous said...

I love you Vanessa but you're slacking a bit!!! What's going on? Hope you're just busy and everything is ok! Good luck with whatever it is that's keeping you away...

Vanessa said...

Haha sorry msadams!! Yes I have been busy, I actually have a life too (sad I know!) LOL! I've been doing some projects for other companies at the moment as well as trying to finish the website and online store, AND trying to juggle sleep, and personal time so it's been quite hectic! I am trying!

Shen said...

thank GOD you have time for blogging!! :) anyhow i can always back read on your o\post. can't get tired of 'em. :)

ricia89 said...

Hi Vanessa,

Love your site, dumb question but you said online store, you will post the link right? I just started reading your site a week ago and I am checking every single review!

jing said...

i've missed your posts. you're so sweet to remember your readers. i love mufe fc! i have 6, that's why it looks weird on me. should've gotten an 8

AskMeWhats said...

i love love love your Q&A portion!!!! and girl!!! More beautiful than Zhang Zhi Yi and Lucy Liu?? You made my head ballooned 10x!!! and that ain't going be fixed with makeup! LOL

We know you're busy, but we're so waiting for your posts! I learned so much from you girl! Thanks so much I know you've read a lot of those praises..but hey..a girl can't have enough praises right? *winks*

MakeupByRenRen said...

hey honey bunny,

i'm excited about the MUFE review...i've been eyeing those concealers forever...just yesterday i was in sephora but walked away cuz i wasn't sure...can't wait!

Tammy said...

I have the Canon SD850IS and I cannot take makeup photos to save my life.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I don't have any clue about photography and I'm pretty sad about it, considering I bought it for FOTD purposes. =(

couturesista said...

Hi Vanessa, I love your blog and I have learned alot from it however, you said something that kinda bothered me a bit. WhEn you said you do something the "ghetto" way I was bothered. I have a bit of an issue with people who use this term to describe something that is "tacky or below standard". I'm from the inner city or ghetto and I'm very proud of it, there is nothing tacky or below standard about me or where I come from. I don't want to sound mean, because that's not my intent, I do however want to let you know that its not cool to use that term in a deragatory fashion. I don't think you meant to do so, you just repeated what you probably hear on a daily basis. I would never say something or describe something using a term that would offend a certin group of people or where someone comes from. Again I'm not attacking you, I just wanted to enlighten you and your readers, If I didn't say anything you and your readers would continue this pattern and think its ok. Still Got Love for you!!!

Camilla said...

Hey, thanks for answering my question. I guess then these lipsticks are not for me, I might try the round ones.

yummy411 said...

nessa, that is not ghetto! using your product in more ways than one is just genius and better on your pockets.. see how i never got a lip erase and just go with concealer and gloss? i love multi tasking products! however, i would like to try a lip erase as it is made for the lips where concealer sometimes may get on the inner rim of the lips...blech

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter