Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, April 20, 2009

Product Review: Sonia Kashuk Powder

.

Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Shade I bought: "Naked"
Where to buy: Target, Target.com
Price: $8.99
Would I buy again? Yes

*For ingredient information CLICK HERE.

What it is:
Sonia Kashuk's Barely There is a loose powder makeup that comes in a jar with a sifter and powder puff. There are various shades (unfortunately I couldn't find a full list of the shade colors since many of the shades are out of stock on Target.com).

What I use it for: "Naked" is a translucent shade, similar to the MUFE HD Powder and MAC Pro Setting Powder (will review soon!) in the sense that it goes on invisibly to help set makeup. It looks like a pale peach or yellow in the jar, but it goes on clear. I use it under my eyes like shown in my makeup application steps post to help set my concealer under the eyes as well as providing a layer to help catch fallen eyeshadow that I can easily brush away.



PROS:
- VERY affordable! Only $8.99 (could be less or a few dollars more in some places) but nonetheless it is MUCH cheaper as oppose to the MUFE HD Microfinish Powder which is $30, or the MAC Setting Powder (Pro) for $21.
- Works great at setting makeup just as good as other similar products.
- Has a cream/beige tint so it blends well with my skintone, even though it's invisible like the MAC and MUFE powder, it definitely makes it even more flawless.
- Easily accessible if you have Target stores near you.
- Comes with a powder puff for touch ups, easy to travel with, no mess.

CONS:
- None so far....

Overall: I like it, it's a nice alternative to higher-end finishing/setting powders and I like how it's easily accessible to me (at Target stores). I like that it also comes with a mini powder puff to blot away excess oil or for touch-ups. And in this economy, I LOVE the price!







20 comments

CestLaVy said...

THANKS for the review!

Janelle said...

Ooh nice review! I'm a sucker for loose finishing powders. Gah, now I want to get this, even though I don't need it! Look what you did! :P

~Mel said...

girrrl, i've been loving alot of SK products.. you should try out their makeup remover! it's genius! even takes off my toughest waterproof mascara and i'm always blown away each time... i'll def go check out this powder at target.. thx for the review hun! =)

.cupcake love. said...

Thanks for the review gorgeous !
I like the packaging for this product :)
Sonia Kashuk is a great "Go To" brand

A. Rose said...

I was SO close to getting this. I may have to pick it up next time I go to Target though. You're right--in this economy it's better to look for cheaper alternatives to the high-end brands.

Anonymous said...

would you recommend for acne prone skin?

looks amazing i was inclined to purchase some sonia stuffs.

Saimese said...

Thanks for the review. Def wanna check this out next time I'm in the States

GurlOnA"Diet" said...

i wanna try this now! I was thinking of trying MAC or MUFE

Rochelle Rivera said...

Thanks for the review, I will definitely get one of these when I go to target again I just got the sonia kashuk sponge because of you. Lol* You are great! ♥

Anonymous said...

ooo thanks for the review this is something i'll have to look into.

AskMeWhats said...

wow..another great product to look into..thanks Nessa!

Whitney & the full effect said...

thanks for this review- when i saw it on your other post, I was like DANG i need to get me some!!!

LOVEpink said...

great review!! ahh so sad theres no target here in Toronto!! loll xoxo bev

Jen said...

I never set my concealer with a powder and I really should! It would probably last longer, eh?

Lovely review! Now I'm going to have my eye on this when I go to Target!

Julienne said...

Wow, I didn't know SK had this! Thanks for the review. :0)

♥Leigh♥ said...

Great review..looking forward to other reviews from you! =)

aquaracer said...

kewl, another great cheaper alternative!! yay to cheaper stuff that works just the same! thanks for the heads up! :)

Victoria said...

thanks for the review! (: i'm going to check this out the next time i go to target!

Ahleessa said...

Oh this sounds nice! I need to check to see if my Target carries it... hehe~ Thanks for the review! :)

Cindyy825 said...

YAYY! Thanks Nessa!!!! :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter