Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, April 27, 2009

Quick FOTD using Silverthorn e/s

.





Here is a quick look I did real quick as a request from a reader who was looking for a white and silver look, I used MAC e/s in "Gesso" in the inner corners, "Silverthorn" e/s from A Rose Romance collection, and a bit of NYX "Black" eyeshadow to make it more dramatic for an evening look. I also used "Blush of Youth" beauty powder on the cheeks. I am also being brave and decided to test out MAC's Studio Tech Foundation (the compact), it's a cream based foundation (not overly creamy), and so far so good (no breakouts *knocks on wood*). I will let you know ladies know how I like it hopefully by the end of this week...I have so many posts to write and I am trying to find time to do it all!

How-to:


I first applied a primer (Smashbox Eye Primer), then applied "Gesso" on the inner corner of my lids first with a sponge tip applicator; I then applied "Silverthorn" e/s with the other side of the applicator, then applied NYX "Black" with a bit of MAC e/s in "Knight Divine" using a small eyeshadow brush I got from Wal-Mart, on the outer-V then blended on the contour(crease) of the eye. Then applied highlight color and blended all the colors. Re-apply "Gesso" if you accidentally blended too much and it looks a bit faded.

Anyway here is what I used:

[Face]

- MAC Skin Base Face Primer
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC30
- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC35

[Cheeks]
- MAC A Rose Romance "Blush of Youth" beauty powder
- MAC MSF in "Petticoat" on the apples of the cheeks for a little shimmer

[Eyes]
- Smashbox Eye Primer
- MAC e/s in "Gesso" on the inner corner of the lid
- MAC e/s in "Silverthorn" on the middle of the lid
- NYX e/s in "Black" with a bit of MAC e/s in "Knight Divine" on outer-V and contour
- MAC "Shroom" e/s as highlight
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
- L'Oreal XXL Mascara in Blackest Black
- Urban Decay "Zero" on lower lashline

[Lips]
- MAC "Snob" lipstick
- MAC "Steal My Heart" lipglass (LE)

18 comments

Sophie said...

Pretty look! Although, I'd be too afraid to try a silver/white look.

Chrissy said...

This is a great look. Gorgeous as usual!

Christel said...

That silverthorn eyeshadow looks gorgeous!

sanniet said...

ohh wow looks pretty! Silverthorn is a such a nice color!!! >_<

♥Leigh♥ said...

your eyes are pretty..Ü ooh..and that e/s is hawt for night outs!!! =)

Shizznizzle said...

Very pretty as always! I'm actually lemming your Modern Basic eyeshadow palette -_-' hehe

JENSMAKEUPBAG said...

love! silver smokey eyes are the best

Unknown said...

So pretty! I must get Gesso, Silverthorn and Knight Divine!!! I'm trying to hold back so that I can get the quad this week.

Elle LeRoy said...

So pretty as always
xox

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

beautiful!

Phoebe said...

beautiful as always!! :)

Julia said...

hello,

I love your blog, it is very beautiful and very well structured.
I also made a blog on the makeup.
I suggest you put a link to your blog in my blog, and you do the same. As I hope to see my blog.
Feel free to leave me comments to tell me what you think.
Bisous
http://oojunglejuliaoo.blogspot.com/

Kimmy said...

Pretty...I like!!

Vanessa Ann said...

Beautiful as always! I did a look similar look using Dazzelight on the inner 1/3 lid, Silverthorn on the outer 2/3rds, Carbon on the outer V, Vanilla on the highlight, plus a very sharp line using that tape trick :) We were going out to party so I wanted a super dramatic look! I'll probably post it soon<3

Unknown said...

nicely blended as always! (: I especially love your cheek color.. gorgeous!

.cupcake love. said...

Beautiful Vanessa!

Mona said...

i'm loving this look! :D

Janelle said...

So pretty! This makes me want to buy Silverthorn now.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter