Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC)

.

***WARNING: This post is full of color!***

I love colors! I remember my first job, we had to wear ALL black all the time (like the MAC makeup artists! LOL) and I was just dying to wear anything that had the slightest pop of color so it didn't look like I was going to a funeral all the time. My mom thought I was going through a "goth" phase, LOL. So when I finally left that job, I went color crazy!



Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) has phenomenal color pay-off and rich pigmentation. If you are looking for vibrant color in the makeup industry, then definitely check out some of their products. I recall first hearing about this company at a makeup show last year, and it was so nice to see them again this year at the recent Makeup Show in LA back in March.

I was able to get my hands on a few products which was perfect timing because I had a reader that wanted to know more about this brand and it's such a pleasure to try these out because I don't know any makeup companies (in a freestanding store like Sephora) that have such bright and vibrant colors, let alone being so affordable for us gals on a budget! OCC's nailpolishes and lip tar are absolutely GORGEOUS, I could not even believe how pigmented these were in ONE STROKE!

Now the lippies in the POTS are lightly-tinted balms (despite the fact they share the same name as the liptars), so they don't show up any color on my skin, but the LIPTAR (the ones in the tubes) are PIGMENTED. And this is surprising coming from a plastic tube one would think they are just regular lipglosses, but nope! These are amazing and much more pigmented than other brands out there not to mention affordable (only $12.50) considering YSL lipsticks are nicely pigmented but are $34 a pop! I know that given it's in a plastic tube that may seem steep, but it's the quality you are paying for. They also feel nice on the lips, not overly drying or gives a "cracked" look or feel. You can always put chapstick before you apply if you find it the least bit drying, but they were fine for me.

I will let the pictures speak for itself (click to ENLARGE some pics):






Don't mind my crappy looking nails, this was from awhile ago and I was trying to get my acrylic nails off so they look janky! I had to put "Dangerous" (gray color) over "Wasabi" since I only had 5 fingers! LOL (ONE COAT ONLY) see how pigmented they are???


The loose eyeshadows:


(NO BASE, applied DRY)


(NO FLASH)


The Lippies:






These lip swatches are the LIPTARS (from the doefoot tubes, NO BASE):




50 comments

Stephanie said...

oooh I love your swatches, the middle lip pic looks like lavender whip!

Unknown said...

WOW! look at the lippies. they look so awesome!!!

Riza said...

Pigment is an understatement! I love the Katricia Lip Tar color, it would be such a fun color to wear. It reminds me of something Rihanna would wear. :]

ting RN said...

WOW those lip tar colors look great on yur lips. esp the "uber"!!

Krasey Beauty said...

Umm, wow. Can you say pigmented? Thank you so much for this post Vanessa. I think I need to check out OCC now. They look like an affordable alternative to MUFE.

ting RN said...

btw, how does tarred look? is it rally that black? for the lips?

Jéssy said...

I am impressed with the pigmentation of the eyeshadows! They are so strong and vibrant that it makes me want to all!

Jillian said...

I've been looking for Lip Tar swatches for weeks now. Thank you sooo much! How do you like the feel of them?

Unknown said...

I love how the lippies come in a gloss tube but it comes out looking like lipstick. That's awesome!

Zerin (XinaRox) said...

WOW! Such COLOURFUL BOLD COLOURS! I love them! Lovin Katricia on you!

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

Ohhh, I want them all!!! I'm going to have to check this line out!
XoXo

Sonya said...

Holy buckets!! OCC looks like an awesome brand!!!!

Anonymous said...

this is a dangerously bright bright bright brand!!!!

yummy411 said...

I'M SO EXCITED to grab some of these at the makeup show nyc. thanks for the swatches!!

Stephanie T said...

:o I want! You were not kidding about the pigmentation at all. I need to check them out now.

Anonymous said...

omg!!! Katricia is amazing!! I must have it! It looks amazing on you, Vanessa. cannot wait to see it in an fotd =)

*pinkie* said...

Hi Vanessa, first off all I love your blog! As you're always giving us awesome tips, can I suggest you something? It's what I do to remove acrylic nails, without breaking them. So, I take a pointed knife and I dip the point into alcohol, then I put the point between my real nail and the acrylic one, this way the alcohol will dissolve the glue, and it will be easier to remove them. I hope you understand the explanation! Thank you for the amazing blog!
XoXo

Connie De Alwis said...

I'm a sucker for ultra brights! Uber looks absolutely gorgeous!

Aziajs said...

Thank you for posting this! I have been wanting to see a swatch of Katricia on the lips for the longest. I would love to order some of their products but the shipping is too expensive.

Miss Yaya said...

im lovin all the lip pots!

sanniet said...

WOW those are REALLY bright! OMG that purple looking lipstick is really out there! The pigments are so pretty! <3

Summer-Lovin said...

I want the nail polish, and the lip tars, and the other stuff, and the-the-the *faints*
Holy guacamole, that looks gorgeous!

ejr286 said...

The products, esp. the lippies look absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the swatches...will definitely check them out. Wow!

ejr286 said...

I am in love with those lippies. I have to check them out. thanks for the swatches!

Anonymous said...

holy crap, these are amazing!!

Phoebe said...

i love how your swatches are so true to color!! time to update my crappy camera sigh!!

may said...

omg, awesome colours (O [] O)
i want them!!
singapore doesn't have that brand... :(

Cj said...

i know what you mean about always wanting to wear color. I work at the body shop right now, and we have to wear ALL black. BORE.

Anonymous said...

These are awesome!! I just saw a tutorial from MissChevious and she used Tarred and NSFW LipTars together, and it was hot!

Soapaholic said...

The brand name is very catchy! I like the packaging, it looks easier to organize. Perfect for OC people (which I'm a bit guilty of, haha).

FuN and MakeUp said...

yea ur right.. FULL OF COLORS! and i LOVE colors!! haha hMmm wuts ur favorite lip color to wear out most of the time?

Lily said...

wow, nice find! those lip tubes are really pigmented!

Naomi said...

I love the lippies and the loose eyshadow! They are so gorgeous!

mosha said...

loved the nail polish colors!
any idea if they're sold in Dubai?

Chrissy said...

I want these!! The eyeshadows are SO pigmented.

Sophie said...

Wow, the colours are extraordinary, especially the liptars.

mel_lee2007 said...

OooooOoOoOooo okay THAT's IT i so gotta have thOSE. I LOVE the names too. Melange hehe my name is Melanie and on different websites I'm always looking to use similar but different names to my own. Think i might use MELANGE next time hehehehehe. I ♥ Katricia too as I have a friend called Katinka, it reminds me of her. ♥ MeL.

aquaracer said...

wow, they ARE pigmented! i love all the swatches, thanks! i esp. love the nail polishes!! FUN colors!

Aly said...

Hi - Is there any way to get a swatch of Dangerous polish, please? It's kinda difficult to tell when it's mixed in with Wasabi. :( Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

I am gonna BE A BIG GIRL and SUCK IT UP, enen though I want to cry! I just went to place my order, for ONE LIPTAR...which mind you is 12.50, and I almost had a heart attack when I saw the shipping was over 8.00!! For STANDARD shipping!! Yes, I still bought it- but I am really hoping they expand and lower their shipping rates. $8.00 on a 12.00 product is REDICULOUS! That $12.50 tube just cost me over 21.00! Am I the only one who thinks that is WAY overpriced for shipping?

Okay....lol. I am better now. Thanks for letting me rant, ladies!! :-)

Have a great weekend to all!!

Unknown said...

WOW! They are so pigmented!! The lipglosses and the nail polishes are amazing!

Mona said...

those nail polish colors are super bright and fun!
i'm in love with the lip color "katricia"

Anonymous said...

the colors look very pretty... i just hate how the company is called OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE cosmetics, as a sufferer of OCD i find that a bit offensive but whatever:p

nice post though:]

♥Leigh♥ said...

one coat? very nice! they are so rich in color! very vibrant,too!Ü

Miss Anderson said...

I want all of that stuff! Do they sell it anywhere?

tricia m. said...

awesome swatches. i especially love the nail colors - wasabi and traffic in particular. the e/s aren't bad, too. first time commenting. love your site!

ghettoflower said...

Thanks again for a wonderful post... Those OCC liptars are awesome looking!!!

Hacer Sayıner said...

Aaa i want them alll
You lucky girll
I'm jealous of you ^^,

TheDaughterOfTyr said...

Wow I love it!
I can totally relate with you on having to wear all black (or black and white) to your job. Makes me want to cry!

Michael Cera said...

Its different from my side that I often feel hq hair voucher comfortable and happy to bought and get hq hair products discount through which I get discounts.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter