Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Shade I bought: "Blackest Black"
Other shades it comes in: Black and Blackened Brown
Where to buy: Many drugstores should have it now
Price: Around $7-8 (varies)
Would I buy again? Yes
I went to Wal-Mart the other day to re-stock on my beloved Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner but to my surprise they didn't have the one I usually get (the triangular shaped bottle) but was instead replaced with their new Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner Pen! I am impartial to eyeliner pens just because they seem to dry out faster than the ones in the pots, even when stored upside down or horizontally, they don't last as long as the ones that have pots. However, what I DO love about them is how easy it is to create a nice line or wing with the precise brush as well how it's easy to tote around for any touch ups.
As much as I LOVE my MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack", sometimes it's hard to get the perfect wing even with the most precise eyeliner brush (the little line of eyeliner some of you 'wing' out at the outer corner of your eye). So sometimes I like to apply my fluidline then use the Revlon liquid eyeliner for the wing portion of my eyeliner, or I will use it OVER my fluidline to create the darkest line.
I have NOT personally tried MAC's Penultimate Eyeliner, I have played with it in the store, and I can honestly say that the Revlon Eyeliner Pen seems JUST AS good, it stays on for me even at the end of the day, doesn't flake or rub off for me at all, and their "Blackest Black" is a nice true jet black and offers an intensified black like the Penultimate Eyeliner. Not to mention the Penultimate Eyeliner is $16.50, whereas the Revlon Eyeliner is around $7-8.
Anyway, here is my review on it!
- The pen form is easy to tote around and allows for easier application to line the eyes, no mess or globs of liquid eyeliner all over the place
- Colorstay technology allows wear for up to 16 hours! And it totally does for me, I can wear this all day and it still looks just as fresh!
- The fine-tapered felt tip gives a nice soft thin or thick line, as well as giving me better control to be able to line the eyes smoothly and evenly, dispenses the right amount of product to eliminate mistakes!
- You can control the intensity of the color
- Doesn't flake on me, or fade, no weird smell
- None, other than because it's in pen form it may dry out faster than the traditional liquid eyeliner (I will let y'all know!)
You might like this if: You have trouble lining your eyes, have shaky hands, or want an eyeliner that is easy and fast.
Overall: I am an avid fan of Revlon, especially their Colorstay Liquid Eyeliners and even their Colorstay Eye Pencils. I use their lipsticks and used to use their eyeshadows and concealers before I got bit by the MAC bug, (because MAC gives me more product for my money for certain things). It was no surprise that this eyeliner performed remarkably well because it's just as awesome as their original and to me it's just as great as MAC's Penultimate Eyeliner Pen, and cheaper! I definitely recommend this if you are looking for a good eyeliner that lasts and gives a nice bold black, or especially for those who are new to lining the eyes or have a hard time lining the eyes because the pen forms allows you to just concentrate on applying it just right and dispenses the right amount of product.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Product: 5 out of 5