Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Acne products

.

Acne products simply do not work for me. I have tried everything from clearasil to ProActiv, and no results, AND I am broke!

Like I mentioned earlier, I am not acne prone, but have this weird OCD that I WILL get acne, hence I've tried to prevent it or use these useless products to get rid of ONE pimple!

I always looked at the ingredients of acne products, and most of them have 2 main ingredients: salycic acid and benzoyl peroxide.

It's very important to know the difference between the two, benzoyl peroxide is much more concentrated and is usually designed to help treat moderate or severe acne, and salycic acid is for more milder cases of acne.

However, MOST acne products have only 0.5% to 2% salycic acid, which basically means, it's weak and therefore, your pimple is STILL there.

I stumbled upon "Zapzyt" (www.zapzyt.com) a few years ago at Walgreens, the presentation or appearance of the box is a bit un-appealing and you probably wouldn't think TWICE before even picking it up off the shelf, especially because people tend to buy brands instead of no-namers. (Come on would you buy Jordache's over Puma's???)

But look closely to the box, and what does it say???? That's right kids, 10% benzoyl peroxide! Whenever I get a pimple that suddenly appeared, I dab a bit of this miracle on my face, dries it out, and it's gone!



Another product I use sometimes is Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent, it's been around for years as an herbal remedy, and makes a great toner before bedtime. Simply take a cotton ball and dab a bit of this juice and apply all over your face. You actually feel clean and refreshed! Then follow with a light moisturizer.



P.S. I actually like blogspot a lot, it seems just a tad bit cooler than Xanga...

5 comments

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

another great post, but i have to ask nessa, what type of eyelash curler do you think works best?

s said...

Good call on the 10% girl! You're really observant.... I'm gonna have to get that.

Anonymous said...

Christangel88@yahoo.com
Christine Nguyen


I have a question where can you buy the acne free scar lotion or the whole kit it comes in???


THX

Anonymous said...

thanx for the zapzyt review! I bought it last week and all my pimples are dried up! so happy :)

Anonymous said...

Nice acne product.

Buy Accutane

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter