Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, May 19, 2007

To wash or not to wash?

.

I get people asking me how do I maintain such great skin?

A: To be honest, some people are just more acne prone than others, sebaceous glands (the glands that also make you sweat), are larger in some parts of the body (like the back or chest) rather than other parts, like your face, or vice versa. I am not acne prone, but I do get a pimple here or there if I am not careful. My skin is mostly dry, especially after I hop outta the shower.

But for the most part, WASHING YOUR FACE EVERYDAY IS BAD!!!!! I know, I know, it sounds gross to NOT wash your face, and I know what you're thinking,but doesn't that cause MORE pimples?

The answer is yes and no. When you wash your face everyday, you are OVER-CLEANING your pores allowing more space for dirt and bacteria to get in, causing MORE pimples. Every time you wash your face, you are removing your skin's natural oils. Instead of washing your face, use a facial wipe that cleans your face AND removes make-up(I highly recommend Neutrogena's Make-up Remove Cleansing Towelettes). There are so many acne products out there that simply just don't work. However, if you are prone to breakouts on the face and/or have severe acne, then wash your face with mild cleanser (try Aveeno's foaming face wash) it's gently on your face and doesn't dry out your skin.

These wipes are excellent for any skin type, and it's so soft! I tried Pond's facial wipes and it was okay for awhile, but the textured cloth hurt my sensitive face and I believe it irritated my skin. With these Neutrogena wipes, they smell heavenly, smooth on the skin, and most importantly, are GREAT at removing dirt and make-up.

Price: Between $7-10



For my moisturizer, I use Aveeno's Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF15. I love everything about it! It smells great,and it soothes irritated or sensitive skin (me), as well as reducing redness in the skin.

I have allergies in the morning which causes my face to be a bit flushed with pink or red, and this moisturizer definitely gets rid of that. It may be a bit thick for some people, so don't put so much.

Price: $13 at Target.

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter