Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, November 17, 2008

FOTD & Tutorial: Smokey Forest Green

.

A reader requested a smokey green look, the photos don't do it justice since the flash made it look a lot lighter than it is in person...also I used MAC e/s in "Bio-Green" which is a PRO only e/s, but you can get it at the MAC PRO stores without being a pro member. I think the closest dupe to it is either MAC pigment in "Kelly Green" & Ben Nye's "Chartreuse" (type it in the search box for a swatch/comparison).





What I used:

[Face]

- MUFE HD Primer in "Mauve" (purple, and yes a review coming soon!)
- MAC Studio Fix Concealer in NC35
- MUFE HD Foundation #127

[Cheeks]
- MAC Fafi Blush in "Hipness"
- Milani Blush in "Luminous"

[Eyes]
- MAC "Moss Scape" Paint Pot on lower half of the lid
- MAC "Bio-Green" e/s (PRO) on lower half of the lid
- MAC "Humid" e/s on outer-V and crease
- MAC "Fresh Green Mix" (dark side) near the middle of the lid
- MAC pigment in "Forest Green" (LE, from last year's "cool" pigment set) on outer-V
- MAC "Ricepaper" e/s as highlight
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

[Lips]
- MAC "Myth" lipstick as base
- MAC "Propagate" lipstick (LE)
- MAC "Beaux" Lipglass from this year's Neutral lipglass set





























22 comments

Unknown said...

Pretty!! I love green on you!

Ling said...

Green looks stunningly pretty on you!

Gawd, you have such flawless skin! >.<

Fifi said...

wow you look lovely!

ahhh i wonder how long will it take for me to achieve that wonderful makeup skill of yours! I guess I need to practice and practice :)

fuzkittie said...

Sooo pretty~ a very sprite-like look, :]

B said...

lovn that biogreen!

Javy said...

hi vanessa, i have a question. currently im nc37 in mac's studio fix fluid, and i've been trying to find my perfect shade in mufe's hd foundation. i have yellow/olive undertones, so i tried 140 but it was a little light for me. right now im using 153 and its a tad too dark for me. i saw that you used #127 in this fotd, is that a perfect match for you? and are you still a nc37 in mac? one of my friends mentioned that 127 was actually darker than 140. anyways, any feedback would be appreciated. thanks :)

Stephanie T said...

I love the Bio-Green color!

Lily said...

looks very bold and awesome!

roughmetaphors said...

Thanks for the tutorial! Greens look so good on you.

And as always, your blog photos are the clearest and most true-to-life of all the makeup blogs out there. Keep up the good work, Vanessa!

Phyrra said...

Beautiful!
You make it look so pretty and that's such a great step by step tutorial.

A said...

that looks so good! I always wanted to try out green and blue eyeshadow (I mostly wear pink and brown) but im too shy! lol you make it look so easy though! :)

Janelle said...

So pretty! The colors don't look washed out at all, I'm having trouble picturing it even brighter! Oh well, I'm sure it's even prettier in person.

iamgrape1119 said...

Your eyes are so pretty! Very sultry!

ting RN said...

love the tutorial! i'm going to try it out when i wear my green scrubs to work lol

AskMeWhats said...

though you look great on any eye color, green suits your skin the best! i love this!

FuN and MakeUp said...

love the green! its soOo purrtyyy on u..

Katrina said...

great look nessa! i'm new here and i just started my own blog. i added you on my favorite blogs list. hope u don't mind. :)

MakeupByRenRen said...

pretty sis! i love greens on you!

Anonymous said...

This look is really pretty!! It makes your eyes POP!!

xoxkissablexox said...

this is a great look for the season..and u did an amazing job..love it

Anonymous said...

love your look! this reminds me to play with my green shades this winter. excellent!

Santusha said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter