Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Product Review & Tutorial: Too Faced Borderline Lip Pencil

.



When Too Faced had their sale, I bought their Borderline Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil which is a clear-transparent thick lip pencil that you use to outline the borders of your lips to prevent feathering and bleeding of your lipstick or lipgloss basically keeping it "inside" the invisible border. You can also use it all over your lips for better control and hold for your lipstick or gloss.

Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Would I buy again? Yes
Price: $18.50, TooFaced.com, Sephora.com

They describe it as: Keep your lipstick and now even lip gloss from traveling beyond your lip's borders with Borderline; a matte colorless lip pencil designed to fill in and plump up vertical lip lines while it locks down your favorite lip products. Apply to the area just outside the natural lip line to forego feathering and pamper your pucker with skin soothing moisturizing and firming ingredients. Our one-color-fits-all wonder pencil will revolutionize the way you wear lip gloss. No more sloppy fading creeping color.

How to use:
-Smoothly sketch or draw Borderline on or around lip area.
-Create a natural lip shape by staying slightly inside the lip. To plump up lip shape apply around your lip area slightly outside your natural lip line.
-Fill lips in entirely for super control.

Magical Performance - Colorless protection lays an invisible layer to wear with any shade of lip color.
Flawless Pout - Provides an anti-feathering barrier for lipstick and lip gloss.
Lip Lock Down - Line within the natural lip shape or overdraw if necessary, Borderline will keep lip products right where you want!
Infinite Skin Tones - Matches any skin tone.

Ingredients: Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Petrolatum, Synthetic Beeswax, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Polyethylene, Mineral Oil, Oleyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Citric Acid. May Contain (+/-): Mica.

PROS:
- No odor/smell- Completely odorless, just like wax
- Easy to apply, no tugging on the lips, similar consistency to that of chapstick
- Comes with its own sharpener
- Kept my lipstick "within the border"
- Feels moisturizing, doesn't give you that dry feeling

CONS:
- Lipstick/gloss doesn't last too long (like similar products like this)
- Price ($18.50 seems a lot to me for just wax, LOL) but I would buy it again

Overall? I like it, I am sure there are better ones out there, but this one works fine for me and keeps my lip color from bleeding outside the outlines of my lips. I rarely re-apply my lipstick/gloss when I am at work so I use it in the morning before I go to work and that's it...















14 comments

Mac It Pink said...

ohh thanks for the review!! I was eyeing this product a month ago!!
xoxo

<3 Penelope

AskMeWhats said...

Your lips is "pucker" worthy :D Love it, it does makes a big difference@

kawaiikao said...

thanks for the great review! i never knew things like that even existed out there hah!

Iyah Love said...

WOW! I love your lips! They look so full and... well luscious :)

FuN and MakeUp said...

this looks really interesting.. i really want it.. but im kinda confused... o_O

Anastasia said...

You have amazing lips, you'd put Jessica Alba to shame.

I bought that Ly Na Pearl cream you reviewed, and WOW! I've been getting constant breakouts on my chin for like a month, with new ones flaring up when the old ones disappeared, it was driving me nuts. Just 4 days using the Ly Na cream at night, and now they're ALL gone, not a single pimple anywhere on my face, and no marks where the old ones were. I'm astounded!

Shen said...

nice puckers! :)

MakeupByRenRen said...

i've been wanting a product like that!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, i was wondering if there is a product like this because i have been wearing my red l/s. Thanks for this!!! I wonder if some other brand carries one like this but cheaper than $18???

Jana-Mais que Bonitas said...

Hi Vanessa

About the Dior Foundation,the Apricot Beige is available in this link...You know strawberry.net??My friends and I really like this site,always good price...Take a look...xoxo
I love this review!!Thank you!!!!
http://oth.strawberrynet.com/makeup.aspx?brandid=277&goChar=C&LineId=9238#9238

Linh said...

I love the red lipstick you are wearing in the pictures! Do you mind sharing the name of it?

Thanks! :)

Vanessa said...

Hi Linh! It's MAC's "Port Red" lipstick (LE) from the Naughty Nauticals collection.

MzUnicaHija19 said...

Thanks Vanessa for reviewing this product!!! I think I'll pick up one tom'row and do you recommend anything to nutralize the lip color for applying different shade of lipstick.

yummy411 said...

hey nessa! you are usu the avon pusher... have you tried avon's clear lipliner? if so how does it compare?

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter