Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, November 17, 2008

Product Review: Make Up Forever HD Primer

.

Woot! I am back with my product reviews! And I got a few emails asking about these recent fires, and no thankfully I was NOT affected this time, but thanks for your concern though! I appreciate it, but luckily it wasn't by me! So FINALLY I am doing a review on this primer since it's been on my vanity for about a month or so now waiting for me to do a review on it! :)

Product:
4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Product: 3.5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $32, Sephora.com
Would I re-purchase? Yeah maybe...I think id also try another color...

What it is:
A lightweight, oil-free complexion corrector that enhances the skin's texture and primes the skin for makeup application.

What it does:
HD Microperfecting Primer deeply nourishes, moisturizes, and softens the skin, creating a glowing effect. Creates a protective layer on the skin allowing foundation to glide on easily and last longer.

What else you need to know:
The Sephora-exclusive primer comes in six color-correcting shades and one transparent shade.

PROS:
- I love the bottle and the pump, it's lovely and great to travel with
- The different colors represent color-correcting shades, for example the green one minimizes redness which is ideal for those with rosacea, the mauve (the one I have) counters sallow undertones, etc. (click on the Sephora link for what each color does).
- Smells like banana (at least mine does...hey I like banana!)
- The mauve really toned down the yellow undertones in my skin and made me look a bit brighter and luminous...

CONS:
- Too expensive for me, BUT it lasts a long time so it's probably worth it
- It FEELS like a moisturizer, and I don't like that feeling; I like the dimethicone feeling, similar to that of the Smashbox Photo Primer, Monistat Chafing Gel, as well as other primers. For some reason those primers (with dimethicone or any 'cone' in it) make me FEEL like I have primer on and I don't feel like my foundation is sinking in since it sorta 'sits' on top of my moisturizer preparing a smooth canvas on my face.
- Didn't really make my foundation last as much as some of the cheaper primers (such as the monistat gel or Jen's Camellia Rose Primer). (Feel free to type these in the search box if you want more info on these).

Overall?
I love MUFE in general, so all their products never seize to amaze me; their primer is OKAY, I mean I can see myself buying it again, but I wouldn't call it my favorite and I am sure there are other primers out there that'll do what I need it to do: to help my foundation last and give me a flawless finish. The MUFE primer is too pricey for it to feel like another moisturizer, I would totally love if it had the same consistency as "normal" primers, but I would try out another color for its color-correcting purposes.

9 comments

AskMeWhats said...

Hi Nessa! I am glad you are fine! all the while you weren't blogging, I thought you were part of the fire or those affected. Thanks for the update and thanks for keeping us informed of your safety

thanks for your review, I love the feeling of "primer" too..so if it's just moisturizer feeling, I won't feel confident :) hehehe thanks

ting RN said...

lol. im reading this at work but the pictures dont show up on this computer so i'm trying to picture it in my head lol. ill just wait and re-read this post when i get home

MakeupByRenRen said...

thanks for the review...i tested the heck out of this before the friends and family sale and decided i didn't need it...i guess i prefer the dimethicone feeling too...if you don't like this one, then you probably won't like laura mercier either, because they're very similar.

fuzkittie said...

Thanks for the review! This is my favorite primer... hehehe, contrary to you I love the moisturizer feeling and how it sinks in. I HATED Smashbox primer, hahaha! HOw funny.

annee nguyen said...

i think this primer is okay too.. i was using it the other day.. it really flatters my face when i take pictures! thnx for the review

Abby Q. said...

Hey girl, have you tried the Smashbox Color Correcting Primers? If so how do they compare? I noticed Smashbox is $38, even more than MUFE!

Unknown said...

I love this primer! But I agree, it does have a more sinking in feeling than the Smashbox.

*Jen* said...

i reviewed this in green the other day and really love it! i'm trying to steer clear of silicone primers for the time being to let my skin breathe and this makes my skin look beautiful!

mayaari said...

thanks for reviewing this - I got the green primer and I've been wondering about the mauve one to brighten up my skintone a bit. I prefer the dimethicone feeling of other primers as well, but I think the MUFE primer is ok for my skin right now, since the weather is so dry. Yours smells like banana eh? Mine smells like shampoo, haha

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter