Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, May 30, 2008

FOTD & Tutorial: Smokey Look Using "Black Ore" from the Solar Field Collection

.

Thank goodness it's Friday! I am taking a half day at work today since I am leaving for Las Vegas to start the fun! So I most likely won't post until I get back (on Sunday).

I just placed an order for some mineral foundation samples with Buff'd Cosmetics and again with Joppa Minerals in search of the perfect or somewhat close to the perfect shade of foundation. I still love Silk Naturals, but I just want to venture out again and find a foundation where no mixing is needed.

So far I LOVE the coverage of the Joppa Minerals (thanks Moi!) although the first samples I got were a tad bit TOO light. I like Fyrinnae's, but in the middle of the day, the Superpower foundation became kinda chalky on my forehead and I hated it. So I ordered the regular foundation since I don't need that much coverage to begin with, and also got two of their finishes to see which one I might like better: sheer and matte.

So now I am trying a few other foundations from companies I haven't ordered from in awhile just to get back into the groove of picking the "closest one". I think Joppa might just be the winner, but we'll see!

In this "Black Ore FOTD", I wore Joppa's Mineral Foundation in "Medium Light #2", and as you can see, it was TOO light on me. But makeup is all about trial and error! :)

Anyways, here is my look using the Black Ore pigment from MAC's newest collection. It was very easy and simple to do and it's a GORGEOUS color! A nice shimmery black with gold reflects, perfect for nights where you wanna be more dressy and an awesome addition to re-vamping the "smokey look".

Not a lot of blending was needed since the smokey look is better when it's naturally messy and smokey.

Have a great weekend gal pals!









What I used:
Face:

- Camellia Rose Skin Soothing Primer
- Joppa Mineral Foundation in Medium Light #3
- MAC StudioFinish Concealer in NC30

Cheeks:
- MAC Beauty Powder in "True Romantic"

Eyes:
- MAC PP in "Soft Ochre" all over the lid
- Mad Minerals Indelible Creme Eyeshadow in "Carbon" as base for Black Ore
- MAC Pearlized Pigment Cluster in "Black Ore" on lower half of the lid (applied DRY)
- MAC eyeshadow in "Femmi-Fi" as highlight up to browbone
- Nixie Liquid Eyeliner in "Black"
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in "Blackest Black"
- Milani Color Brilliance Pencil in "Black" smudged on lower lashline and waterline with Q-Tip

Lips:
- MAC Lip Erase in "Dim"
- MAC l/s in "Pleasureseeker"
- A touch of NYX's lipgloss in "Beige"



Should look like this:






Blend if NESSASARY, get it??! LOL





Should look like this so far...


Then just line your eyes and apply mascara (or even falsies if you want):


42 comments

Curvy Petite said...

Thanks Nessa. Much more simple than I had expected. It looks gorgeous on you!

Unknown said...

that's beautiful :)

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

Thanks for the tut! the lips and eye goes so well together, and i cant believe how simple it is to achieve that look!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

Btw, Nessa, Happy Birthday!! Have loads of fun at Vegas :D Best wishes!

Alyson @ The Gloss Menagerie said...

Really pretty look. :) I noticed the same thing w/ the Superpower foundation, but the problem could be solved by a spritz of fix+ or something similar.

Chiara said...

Wow Nessa! Your eyes look soooo sultry. I love it. Is the indelible more similar to a paint pot or a fluidline? -__-

Anonymous said...

you're gonna be looking hot in vegas woman! that look is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

you're gonna be looking hot in vegas woman! that look is so pretty!

iamgrape1119 said...

Wow! This look is GORGEOUS! You look STRIKING with dramatic eyes. You eyes just POP! I really like that blush on you, it very "romantic" (LOL). I love your FOTDs! Make sure to post the pics from Las Vegas (pretty please?)!

Have a great weekend!
Tao

Anonymous said...

i'm anemic too! i just found out not too long ago! i need to take my medicine in a bit. hehe. but if i don't take my pills, i feel really weak and tired all day. do you feel like that too?

Ethereal Prey said...

wow that is smokey! sexy smokey! :P glad you were amused and laughed at my post...:P

Anonymous said...

i get it from my mom. she is anemic too. i would black out so much over the past 3 years. then sometimes i would feel myself blacking out, but i was conscious of what was going on, but i couldn't see anything but blackness. i would always be like, "please don't let me fall down and black out" and then i'd start coming back and i'd be okay. my mom says i'm probably anemic since i don't live at home anymore, cause she said when i lived at home, i was okay. it's probably true, cause i don't eat as much meat and greens as i should. i went vegetarian a while back. lol. that probably screwed up my whole body! is this something that i can get over or am i gonna always have to take iron pills?

Jamie said...

That is GORGEOUS! One of my fave looks from you so far.

Fei said...

Oooh. I like how easy that was. Very few steps... Nice!

Have fun in Vegas! Don't get into too much trouble! ;)

Anonymous said...

omgosh i am sooo loving this look! everything go so well together! your face is super flawless! I was looking for a look like this for my boyfriend's formal but it's tonight and I don't have time to get the black ore :(

Lily said...

Happy birthday girl! The look looks fantabulous. I think I'm gonna have to go pick me up some black ore!

Tracy Roa said...

beautiful smokey eye. happy early birthday! have a safe trip and lots of fun in vegas! i'll be there again in about 4 weeks... haha

Anonymous said...

hey Nessa! Have you ever tried alima's foundation? theyre the only ones that seem to have a good match for me (both winter and summer) and their foundation brush #25 is the best brush I have ever used for mineral makeup!

nilla cookie said...

I love Black Ore, it's a great alternative for smoky b/c most black eyeshadows I've come across don't blend very well like this one does :)

Have a great weekend in Vegas, doll!

MsLanie said...

oohh... this look is simple but stunning! you're gorgeous! i hope you have lots of fun in Vegas and don't forget to share what you bought when you're back.

Linda said...

hot! i actually did something similar to this today. but by the end of the day black ore creased! i'll have to experiment with different bases.

alien man?! said...

HAWT! this is probably my favorite smokey eye version ever

Mukho said...

Happy Birthday Vanessa, have loads of fun in Vegas :)
Excellent, simple and detailed tut from you, loved the step by step pics. U r truly a sweetheart for making all these efforts for us :)

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! That is an amazing tutorial!

christy kimchee. said...

My favorite smokey look from you thus far :D

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

totally gorgeous nessa! :)

Anonymous said...

uber gorgeous!!! agh, i only ordered Bronzescape and now you are making me want Black Ore too! well, i guess we're quits since i see you are loving Joppa! lol. i hope you get to finger on a matching shade this time! :D fabulous coverage indeed huh?!

Unknown said...

Thank you!! You've inspired me to try black shades! I never really used them b/c I don't think they suit me...but I'm going to try now!

IchigoBunnie said...

this smokey look is awesome! i love the gold flecks in it. it really adds and extra kick to the regular somewhat-matte ish smokey look. i love shimmery smokey looks! this one makes you look uber sexy :D

Unknown said...

do you think the blck ore would be able to be pressed?

jelly said...

thanks for the tips! i am going to practice it :)

Unknown said...

Hey Vanessa,
loving your FOTDs. I seem to always have trouble with the lower eyeline. What do you do with it to make it look less harsh? Do you blend it?

xoxkissablexox said...

wow i absolutely love it :)

Vanessa said...

Hi Courtney, I don't think the Black Ore can be pressed because it's too gritty that I think it won't stay pressed and will shift around, but try it and let me know!

Rkdogs- I use Revlon's Colorstay Eyeliner (it's magic for me!) and I smudge it to give it a sultry less bold look.

Hijabi Apprentice said...

really pretty!

na said...

So simple but oh-so-hot! I passed on the Solar Bits because they were kind of messy to use, but I have to say that Black Ore is probably the prettiest one out of all 4.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Black Ore is an awesome pigment that I totally missed out on. You did a great job with the product.

Laetitia said...

Wow...You did a great job !!

Attiq Ur Rehman said...

This is the great tutorial and this is shows how the effect are seen after the implementing this.
Web Design Quote

John said...

some time ago I saw a similar information is very good, in which I learned a lot, if I am not mistaken the title was abdominoplasty surgery, I think it's good that people share this type of information over the Internet because it helps a lot

joraynie mercado said...

thumbs up for the eyes!

joraynie mercado said...

love it!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter