Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Covergirl's Spring Colors Collection

.



I walked into Target the other day when a row of bright colors caught my eye- it was Covergirl's new Spring Color Collection. They have about 8-10 new eyeshadow colors from lime, black, bronze, gold, to purple and pink.

I bought 4 of them, and was disappointed in the other 3, as you can tell by the swatches, they came out pretty sheer (unless I didn't press hard enough). The only one that was really pigmented was "Lime Alive", and that was actually a perfect dupe of MAC's "Eyepopping" from the C-Shock collection. "Gold Sizzle" is like the "Golden Lemon" pigment but in eyeshadow form. They were only $3.14 each at Target, so hop on it ladies!

If you do not have a Target near you, you can check to see if they have it at your nearby drugstore. I haven't really seen them out yet everywhere, so you might want to call and find out!





16 comments

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww what a bum that the other colors weren't as pigmented. still pretty, though!

AskMeWhats said...

Hi Nessa, thanks so much for the heads up!!!! I would be so into buying this and I would feel so disappointed learning it's not pigmented enough :) thanks girL! :0

Nicole said...

This looks promising... well the Lime Alive shade does. I haven't had much luck with CG Shadows so I'm surprised you gave this a shot! But I'm glad that at least one of them was pigmented nicely.

I feel like CG and Maybelline don't pigment their shadows enough (as a general statement) to compete with other brands, like Milani.

yummy411 said...

VANESSA! i JUST saw these in allure today and thought to myself 'hmm i haven't seen these yet. can't wait until they hit the stores!' you are all over it girl! i like that you get swatches up so fast so i can figure out if i should buy or not ;) THANKS!!

Bunni said...

I'm so gonna cop that. I was thinking about getting Eyepopping, but now I can get the look for less. Thanks!

Stephanie T said...

Those look like such awesome colors. Too bad they don't show up that well. How did you apply them? Maybe they'd look a little better applied with a wet sponge applicator? Sometimes that works for me.

justme said...

you are seriously my makeup twin today, i got these too. i just did a post on them also

Nantran said...

Hi Vanessa,
I recently found your site and I'm loving it. It gives me something to read while I'm at work. Anyways, I was wondering if you published your second dupe list yet?

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow! great find...i'm glad you were able to swatch these for us so we could discover which ones have good color payoff...cuz sometimes you can never tell with drugstore brands...if i didn't have eyepopping already, i'd definitely hop on this!

christy kimchee. said...

Omgg, the colors are fabulous! No matter how much e/s I buy, I can never find a pink e/s that's true to its color. Do you recommend any? I've tried MAC, NYX, Lancome, L'oreal HIP...

Tammy said...

The colors look so pretty!! Perfect for summer!

Unknown said...

They remind me of the Chanel Robertson Boulevard Nail Polish collection (minus the Lime Alive).

Kristin<3 said...

wow those shadows look amazing! :]
cant wait to buy those.
im so tight on money.
lol

take care!
<3 kristin

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Wow, since when did CG start making lemming-worthy shadows? LOL. I'm really liking that Bitter dupe.

Distinque said...

LimeAlive is a great dupe. PS can't wait to see the new site!

ShanSoPink said...

I just got lime alive and the turquoise one which I think looks like Mac's parrot

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter