Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Product Review: Incoco Dry Nail Applique Strips

.

Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Price: $4-$6, Walgreens, Incoco.com
Colors Shown: "Flaunt" and "Fairy Dust" (French Manicure)

Awhile ago I did a review on the AVON Instant Manicure Nail Strips so you can compare the two or to see how to apply these revolutionary nail strips!

When I went to Walgreens a few days ago (same day I bought the Eco Tools brushes), I saw these Incoco Nail Strips which are very similar to the AVON nail strips. I have seen them around Walgreens for awhile but had tons of bottles of nailpolish and nail strips to get rid of first before I dare to buy one more thing I didn't need! LOL.

Also, many of you said you couldn't find the Eco Tools brushes at your neighborhood Walgreens, you really just gotta drive around and find the ones that are a rare gem, like the store locations in the middle of nowhere because they don't sell out of stock on certain items since hardly anyone goes there, so you are sure to find something all the time. There's a Walgreens on Reseda Blvd. and Devonshire (those of you who live in "The Valley" here in California should be familiar with those streets), and that Walgreens is ALWAYS sold out of stuff because everyone goes to that one. There's another Walgreens on Devonshire and De Soto (Tracy that's the one I go to!) and they have everything FULLY-STOCKED! No one really goes there because it's in the boonies at the end of the city where I live, off to the side and they had an ENTIRE wall of Eco Tools brushes and makeup!

So don't go to a CVS, Walgreens, or K-Mart that's always poppin' with shoppers that are taking your loot, go to the smaller, less-known stores that get the occasional elderly couple picking up their prescription, or the couple buying condoms, LOL, those are the ones where no one is really paying to the cosmetic aisle!

Anyway, on with the review!





What they say: Lasts 14 days, you can re-adjust and re-position the nail strip on your nail.

PROS: Comes in a variety of colors including French Tip and really lasts! I have been wearing it for about 4 or 5 days now, and there is very MINIMAL chipping, it still looks good after all the horrible things I do to my nails. I type constantly, bang my fingers in drawers, bite them, and they still look decent! It was very easy to re-adjust the strip if I made a mistake, unlike the AVON nail strips which were hard to re-position because they would just stick to your nail and rip at the slightest movement so you had to get it right the first time. I also liked how each kit came with a cuticle pusher, nail file, and a nail polish remover which REALLY makes this baby ideal to take with you ANYWHERE. Traveling or a quick nailpolish change or touch-up, since no one really has the time to do their nails with bottled nailpolish then sit there and let it dry only to get knicked or smudged! And what a hassle taking a bottle of nailpolish, a nail file, nailpolish remover, base and top coat all in your purse. With these nail strips, a base coat and top coat is already in the nailstrip with the color, so you can apply nailpolish quickly and easily!

CONS: Not every nail strip caters to each individual's nail bed, they were either too small or too big on me so it would either not cover enough nail, or overlap my cuticle. But it's not too noticeable if it's too small, and can easily be fixed with nailpolish. Not too many stores carry this unfortunately, only Walgreens.

Overall: Definitely a must have in my travel and makeup kit! I love how one kit comes with everything you need for an instant manicure and if you are looking for something that's quick and lasts, you should definitely try these! They have a lot of colors to choose from, it's usually located on those stands by the aisles.

Don't mind my jacked up nails... :)




After 5 days, minimal chipping:

17 comments

watercoloursky said...

they do look good for travelling! i wonder if we have these in Toronto yet. Though i think my nails might be too small for these though...would be even more convenient if they made them in a few sizes.

christy kimchee. said...

Neat! THe color payoff is really good too, plus the shiny packaging draws me in haha.

Anonymous said...

i was thinking about getting these but i didn't think they'd work but i'm defenetly going to go out and get them now!

thanks for the review!!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

Ahh these are cool.. so convenient and you don't even have to wait for the paint to dry, and then smear everywhere..! lol.

Tru said...

FYI, ULTA carries Eco Tools also.

Anonymous said...

Please put them up in your store!
I would love to buy these, but there's no Walgreens in Europe :(

TheDaughterOfTyr said...

Hmm cool, I've never even considered picking up something like that.

I am however hopelessly addicted to the Nicole line by OPI.

Jamie said...

I totally agree with your review! I had the exact same experience with them as you did. I've even gotten my best friend and my boss to love them! :)

Kim said...

i think i tried a sample of these before.. if it's too big for your nail you are supposed to file the excess off.

i agree with you about how some stores sell out more quickly. also some stores do not carry the same selection :[ unfortunately the one i work at is one with crappy selection because we're missing eco tools, the physician's formula tinted moisturizer, and a ton of skincare products that are offered in the newer stores.

Nicole said...

Hey Vanessa! These do look good. I am about to get my LCNs taken off because I don't want to pay $55+ every 2-3 weeks anymore so I might look into these. I hate how regular polish peels and chips off sometimes, especially because I have a bad habit of picking at it if it starts to chip! Also, no smudging or waiting for these to dry! Walgreens here I come :)

Anonymous said...

HEY VANESSA!!
i was reading your old post and noticed that you made a book with you and ur bf i think for you anni or something.. could you please tell me the info about the book like what you did and everything about it like how much it cost and what story you put and stuff where you got it published... you know EVERYTHING =).. i would love to give the same for my bf.. ive been with him for 7 years and i have totally ran out of ideas to give him..
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! id totally appreciate it..
THANKS SOO MUCH. here is my email babeedivine@hotmail.com

(g)ezebel said...

oh, wow! those do look great.

Tracy Roa said...

thanks for the info! i'll have to stop by there next time i'm in the area. i actually did my nails with incoco while we were waiting for our flight to vegas. haha.

juiCybeauty said...

i definitely have to try these!! thanks for the great review

sweatervest said...

Hi Vanessa! I was just wondering if you'd be able to offer these in your new store-- for some reason I can't find them anywhere in Colorado.

Thanks!
-Emily

Vanessa said...

Hi Emily! I will try and put them in my store!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ladies,

Did you know you can go online to www.Incoco.com and order them from there?

I have been getting my mani and pedi done with Incoco for over 4 months now. I have been doing my toes with the same strips that I use for the hands. What I do is measure them to my toes first and cut the size and then use the remaining amount on my hand nails.

They are very cost effective, online its $7.99 for 16 strips that come in a package. They have over 35+ colors and 5+ tip colors to do your nails with. Check it out, its really worth it!

Sincerely,
Zachy

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter