Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, December 9, 2007

FOTD: Bronze Natural & FOTD: Hot Hepcat

.

Wow! The sale was a big success, it went a lot faster than I thought! Sorry to you gals who missed out on certain items, mostly everything went fast, but don't worry, I still have a lot of stash cleaning to do, so there will probably be another sale soon in a few weeks!

I emailed those who were interested in the items, if they don't respond by Tuesday I will then go to the second interested buyer. :) And to reader JENNIFER who was interested in the gel eyeliner, leave me your email addy so I can invoice ya.

Anyway, I did a bronze, sorta natural look on Friday using 2 of the Urban Decay eyeshadows "Shag" and "Underground". I was going for a neutral, yet bronzy look...I actually liked it, probably enough to use for an everyday look. The co-workers loved it, especially since they are used to me with the crazy vibrant color combos! LOL.



What I used:


Face:
- EoB Airbrush Primer
- Silk Naturals Foundation
- MAC Sculpting Powder to contour sides of nose

Cheeks:
- Everyday Minerals Blush in "Waffle Cone"
- Milani Blush in "Luminous"
- MAC Beauty Powder in "Drizzlegold"

Eyes:
- Physician's Formula Concealer
- UDPP for base
- MAC Pigment in "Your Ladyship" (all over the lid)
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in "Underground" (on lower half of the lid above the crease)
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in "Shag" (on outer-half of the lid)
- MAC "Golden Lemon" Pigment in the inner corners
- MAC Fluidline in "Nightfish"
- Laura Mercier Mascara

Lips:
- AVON Lipstick in "Nude Pink"
- Sephora Lip Liner #206
- Palladio Lipgloss in "Raisin"
_____________________________________________________________________________

For my FOTD I did yesterday, I used hepcat and pink mauve pigment.





What I used:

Face:
- EoB Airbrush Primer
- MMBB Mineral Liquid Foundation in "Medium Beige"

Cheeks:

- Sonia Kushuk Blush in "Flamingo"
- MAC Beauty Powder in "Soft Flame"

Eyes:
- UDPP (urban decay primer potion)
- MAC Shadestick in "Crimsonaire"
- LA Colors Pink (in inner corners)
- MAC e/s in "Hepcat" (lower half of the lid just above the crease over Crimsonaire shadestick)
- MAC Pigment in "Pink Mauve" (lower half of the lid over hepcat)
- MAC e/s in "Knight Divine" and "Silver Ring" (on outer-V and contour)
- MAC e/s in "Nocturnelle"in between hepcat and outer-V
- Indelible Gel Eyeliner in "Black Out"
- Maybelline XXL Curl Mascara

Lips:

- Laura Geller Lip Spackle
- MARK Lipstick in "Mauve"
- Sephora Lip Liner #206
- Max Factor Lipgloss in "Stood Him Up"
- NYX Lipgloss in "Barbie Pink" in the middle of the lips



21 comments

www.Cosmetic-Candy.com said...

I like both looks but the bronze is especially gorgeous!! I love the eyes!

Unknown said...

Hi this is jennifer!! anyways, here is my email address sweet26victoria@gmail.com thanks so much!!

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

both of these looks are very gorgeous on you! :D and i agree, your bronzey natural look is very pretty and subtle. :D and the blush you used in your second FOTD looks gorgeous against your skin. :D

Anonymous said...

the first one looks like something I wear everyday and the 2nd one is SO PRETTY. You really pull off pinks and purples quite well. I have a question, do you consider yourself to have a warm, cool or neutral complexion? I definitely have a warm complexion and I feel like cool colors like pinks blues and some purples make me look terrible.

Vanessa said...

Thanks Row! I am starting to really get into more of the earthy brown and neutral tones, especially for the season!

Thanks Christiana! I am loving the Soft Flame beauty powder it's just gorgeous!

Petitebelle: In regards to your question, I am actually a bit of both, warm and cool, (as I have both blue and green veins, weird huh) they say if your veins are blue looking, you are cool, and if they are green you are warm. I personally like cool tones simply because I love color, I DO love warm tones, like earthy browns and taupes, so every now and then I will switch to cool or warm….

Rachel said...

Vanessa, you're just gorgegous. I love you skin. You always have pretty lip gloss and blush.

LynaV said...

I love the lip color in the second look!! i love this look alot! :D your so gorgeously pretty! :)

Stephy said...

hey Vanessa! I just LOVE your bronze/neutral look! I have been trying to achieve the exact look but it's been a great difficulty for me... if you have time, would you pleaseeeeeeeeee do a tutorial on it???

Elizabeth said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the second look so gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! This look makes me want to go get those Urban Decay shadows :]

I've been looking for Milanis blush in Luminous and cannot find it anywhere!?

In the second look, you are STUNNING! Everything flows lovely and the cheeks are perfect.

hope all is well doll*

Anonymous said...

i'm going to have to agree...the bronze look looks flawless...we're all cheering you on for the next video, can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hey Vanessa! Your looks are gorgeous. It's been awhile since I've last commented or had any questions for you, but I do check your blog on a daily basis - your page is addicting.

Anyways, I do have a few questions for you... 1) What is EoB primer? I'm trying to find a cheaper primer, so maybe this might be one.
2) I remember you bought that primer from CVS. How do you like it?
3) Can you please give a tutorial on how to wear blush? I know it sounds pretty simple, but for some reason mine always comes out too harsh... its like there's a very distinct line as to where my blush starts. I have a round face so I don't really wear blush on my apples. Instead I suck in my cheeks and go from there. I also use the blush brush from MAC- the somewhat small angled one with the white bristles (I forgot the number and I don't have the brush on me). I was using a cheapy brush before and it worked fine, but I did spend the money the MAC brush so I want to be able to use it properly. Any tips?

Thanks so much girlie.

By the way.. I think we live near each other. Maybe I'll be bump into you someday =)

theresa.dumatol@gmail.com (please keep private).

Vanessa said...

Thanks ladies! I love ya Rachel and Lynna! :)

Stephy- I will definitely do a tutorial soon on that look, glad you liked it!

Sara- The Milani Luminous blush has been since discontinued, however you can probably still find it on eBay or on BestBeautyOnline.com

Sis Ren! Thank you sis! I will try and muster the courage to do one again soon!

Grayburn said...

Beautiful colors! I love purples shades on darker skin tones.

love your reads, i've just tagged you!

grayburn @ blogspot

nilla cookie said...

Hey Vanessa! I, too, am diggin' the bronze look :) I've been looking for a neutral brown for my lips since I'm kind of a pinky-kinda gal. I'm jotting the color down now on my "to try" list :)

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

hi.. i love your purple look a lot. that looks so smashing. complements your outfit. i have an off topic question.
i notice you have 2 187 brush and since you use lots of mineral foundation..what do you use the 187for?

Stephie said...

i love them both ate :) you're so gorgeous! it must run in our "genes" hehehehe

Unknown said...

hi vanessa! it's anne... been awhilee since we last shoot myspace comments :)


anyways... i just want to say these are probably my favorite looks on you. it's so pretty!!! ooh btw, you convinced me in buying urban decay when i saw the e/s swatches. the colors are so pretty it made me want to buy them even more!!! i was iffy about them in the beginning, but now i'm definitely purchasing it.


btw, i have a question. i know you have nyx e/s. well i recently purchased them at a store in the cabazon outlets since i heard they're as good as MAC (my funds can only go so far purchasing MAC items). so anyways... so far so good. i'm happy with the purchase, but the only thing is, are they available somewhere in the valley? i don't want to have to drive all the way to cabazon just to buy e/s haha. and i don't really like buying things online either. since you are/were from around here, maybe you can tell me which stores carries it?


i hope to here from you soon. and i'm interested in buying some pigment samples if they're still available. hehehe. so just send me a reply on my blog too. i finally figured out my username and password.


*sorry for writing a whole essay xP

Anna said...

your FOTDs ALWAYS i mean ALWAYS looks flawlessly good. envioUs lol

Vanessa said...

Thanks Ading Stephie! I know right, runs in the family! LOL.

Thanks Annas! Anna #1, I have a place nearby here in the valley to get NYX (i'll message ya)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Love them both! I don't think you could EVER do a FOTD that didn't resonate with me. How do you like the shadesticks as bases? Do you smooth them out with a brush or finger after running them across your lid? Or is it pretty much good to go?

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter