Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, December 28, 2007

MAC Heatherette Collection & Sculpt & Shape Haul

.

*Image courtesy of Specktra.net

Not a lot of details have been released yet regarding the MAC collaboration with Heatherette (which is a clothing label btw), but here is a sneak peak and boy am I just loving the packaging! Reminds me of GEM with all the super cute pink packaging and gems!



I went to the MAC store yesterday and finally got my hands on one of the Sculpt & Shape powder duos, I bought accentuate/sculpt, even though I have sculpt already, I thought it would be nice to just have in my purse rather than bringing the entire palette with me. Also it fit well with my skin tone, the bone beige/emphasize compact was nice although the highlighting powder (emphasize) was TOO white, and I mean it was WHITE! And the bone beige was more of a yellow brown. So I settled for accentuate which was a nice light shimmery peach color. The other two compacts were too dark for me.

The only thing that really grabbed my interest about this collection was the 138 brush, Anne and I tested it out at MACY'S, and I fell in love! It was super soft, and I love how unique this brush is, has a fluffy pointed tip, PERFECT for contouring and getting in those cheekbones, as there are times where my 136 brush is TOO wide for certain applications. The MUA at the MAC store said they only got 3 in their shipment and that they had no more (what the heck right!??), so we went to Nordstroms and the MUA's there didn't even know what the brush looked like! I had to describe it and they didn't even have it on display. Luckily the MUA was REALLY helpful and checked the back and sure enough....they had it! They were even shocked that we knew about the brush because they didn't and it wasn't even out on display yet. Apparently they got the shipment of the brushes but didn't put it on the counter. Thank God for the internet. We gals honestly know A LOT more than the MUA's do sometimes! So I was really lucky to get one since they were selling out like hot cakes!

The MUA said that the 138 brush is actually the only brush that will be part of the PERMANENT line! Sooooo with that being said, you ladies don't need to rush to get this brush as it it not LE. However, I must warn you, this brush was a frikkin' $52!

I know! $52 for a brush!??? Even though I AM a makeup addict, I am not usually that willing to shell out $52 for ONE damn brush. When I bought my 180 brush for $42 (or was it $45), I was already saying that it was too expensive...but I justified buying this brush simply because it was really soft and I have not found any other brush on the market remotely close to this one that's just perfect for contouring the face. I used it this morning and I love it!





12 comments

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Ooohh, Heatherette does look exciting! The packaging is really cute.

I really like the MAC face brushes. They cost a grip but they are super soft just like you say. I only have the 129, but I can imagine the cheek pampering softness on the bigger brushes.

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Girl, you have to give a tutorial on how to use the sculpt and shape! I have the roundest face sometimes! LOL

MakeupByRenRen said...

I just got the same DUO during my lunch break lol...now I want to go back for the brush! Can't wait to see a tut on this one :)

Anonymous said...

i am a NC25-30, which Sculpt & Shape would be best for my skintone?

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

:] Niceeee brussshhhh. I dare NOT try a MAC brush... I'm afraid of falling too deep. LOL. :D

smileychatterbox said...

awesome, Vanessa. btw, this is kind of random but do you think you could do a product review on the Covergirl Lashblast mascara? thanks =)

yummy411 said...

great haul! this brush reminds me of my to die for japonesque kabuki brush!!!

watercoloursky said...

i've been thinking today whether to pick up that same sculpt/shape powder tomorrow. and yeah the brush is so darn expensive, its $62 in Canada :S
and i agree with you, i find that often, i know more about the new MAC collections than the MAs do...

Twinkle Twinkle said...

I just got a Sculpt & Shape duo on Wednesday as well. I love it and went on and on about it in my blog. The 109 is actually great for contouring as well, and much cheaper. It's a bit on the firm side, but still soft, and I love it.

Elizabeth said...

$52 is cheap for a MAC brush. Considering its DOUBLE the freaken price in Australia!!!!

yuck said...

I bought the Sculpt & Shape powder duo last Saturday. And i have a very sad story. I am EXTREMELY happy on how well it fits my skin tone, and blends. But on Tuesday, i dropped it in my bathroom about a little more then a foot. And IT BROKE. The highlight was sadly crushed, it's now in a zip lock bag. And the Brown part broke into two nice chunks, so it's still in the container.

So point of the comment is a question. Can i put it back together with alcohol like a broken eyeshadow or not?

I'm just wondering. I'll most likely end up buying a new one because this broken one is just so sad to look at.
But i'm very curious if it will also work.
Thank you!

siojo.courtney@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

hi,i have tried to get the sculpt and shape but it's all sold out.do you actually know where i still can get it!or perhaps could u recommend another make up that serves the same purpose?
thanks!

memoryboc@Yyahoo.com.sg

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter