Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, December 14, 2007

Nixie Palette & How I Hate Christmas Shopping!

.

**Blogger is doing some changes so the banner is a bit off centered and screwed up, but i'll fix it later....

I love my friends and family, I really do. I just hate shopping for them! It's the same conversation every year:

Me:
What do you want for Christmas this year?
Them: "Oh Nothing", "You don't have to get me anything", OR "I want ________" (which turns out to be something way out of my budget!)

Ugh. Nothing is more frustrating then trying to figure out what to get people. I know that's probably the "fun" part, but I just don't have the time to really sit and dwell on what to get for certain people. I find it a lot easier if they at least tell me what they like or want, or even a store they like or what they enjoy doing. At least it points me to some sort of a direction where to go...and most of all, I know they'll love it.

I usually hate just "giving up" and buying gift cards sometimes because I find it to be impersonal, yet I know that a majority of people don't mind it, but I like the idea of having the person actually open something ya know?

Anyway, my room was a MESS last night, I didn't even attempt to wrap Christmas presents this year, I just bought bags and tissue paper for everyone haha! Then I also had to ship out the things people bought from the sale.



I also got another Nixie Palette to transfer the ULTA eyeshadows in because the LONG palette was too long and since it was cardboard it was a piece of crap and didn't fit in my makeup box so unfortunately I had to split the 12 into a 6 pan palette...



All done!


My company holiday party is tonight so i'll post some pics up later, still don't know what to do with my makeup and all that other jazz as I haven't even had time to think about it. Everything I bought still has the tags on them. Sigh.

And here is Penny Lane, all dressed and ready for the holidays! (Jon's doggy which is now my doggy too haha)

19 comments

xoxkissablexox said...

adorable :)

B said...

Awww, look at that pup!! So cute. I feel you on the Christmas shopping tip. I haven't even purchased anything for anyone yet. I don't think I will. LOL, sounds Scoorage-ish but I get sick of spending tons of money for people who already have it. Sooo...cards it will be for me this year!

I have a Christmas party with my job today too. Yaaaay. And I work at a Catholic School and people are already talking about getting drunk. LOL, how disturbing is that? Hehe....have a good one!

alien man?! said...

Ugh, I get the same problems with asking people what they want. I just make the decisions for them. For the holidays, though, I kind of solved this problem by making my own greeting cards hahaha. Come to think of it, who made it a rule to buy gifts for everyone for Christmas, anyway? It's certainly not a religious custom. Your pup is so cute!!! Ahahaha, what a darling little outfit.

Charlene said...

what are the names of the ULTA eyeshadows?? from right to left, top first then bottom?? anyone know??

Vanessa said...

Charlene- I have the names but I don't remember them off the top of my head but when I get home I will post it up!

Anonymous said...

Wut kind of phone do you have? its cute!

Anonymous said...

Wut kind of phone do you have? its cute!

Anonymous said...

when are you going to sell more makeup?

Anonymous said...

when are you going to sell more makeup?

Anonymous said...

when will you be selling more makeup?

mayaari said...

hi vanessa - i just wanted to tell you that i've been reading your site for a while, and i love all the tutorials that you do!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey hun. I think Christmas time is frustrating as well. The charades of what to get people *sigh*. Definitely a bittersweet holiday, hah. And your doggie is sooo cute in the festive holiday gear.

xuankristy said...

Hey Vanessa, I see that you also own a Macbook. Where did you get that sticker?? It looks so cute.

Unknown said...

dammit. i just wrote you a long comment yesterday and i dont think it went through. oh well. well have a good weekend! talk to you again soon.

Lani said...

o-m-g. i know what you mean about the gift-giving and not getting the least bit of hints. lol. i'm with divine blackness-i don't think i'll be gift-giving this year. 1) i'm broke as a joke due to just recently moving out and having to pay rent+deposit up front 2) i've already advised friends/fam not to get me stuff since i am, in fact, broke lol 3) i'm thinking that xmas cards will just have to do. at least i have christmas spirit! just not christmas $$$ lol.

cuuuuuuuuutie patoootie pup!! ;)

oh and i seriously need to try out some NYX cosmetics. all i have is orange chrome shadow that i bought for halloween. :)

have a beautiful weekend and enjoy your holiday party!

<3Lani

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

I don't do christmas shopping yet! Luckily enough. :P Cute doggy! :D hehe.

Unknown said...

Anonymous- Thanks! my phone is a t-mobile MDA phone, and I will be selling more items soon, either before New Year or early January, so stay tuned!

XuanKristy- I got the skin off of eBay for my laptop!

Allie said...

I was wondering where the bag in the bottom left corner of the picture (the first picture with your wrapping stuff)was from. It is so cute!

Allie said...

Wow, I am so challenged by these comments. I think I just sent an empty one and in the one before that, I think I said bottom left but I meant bottom right. So sorry.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter