Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sephora Holiday Look

.

I slept at 7pm on a Saturday night, what the heck is wrong with me?! I feel like an old lady. The BF calls me at 11pm, and now here I am blogging because I can't go back to sleep! And it's freezing in my house, thank goodness for fuzzy socks and down comforters!

I meant to make this the "Milani eyeshadows only" look (request by Liz) but I left my SD card at work that had the pics on them! (As I did the look on Friday), so instead i'll post the one I did today and add the milani fotd next week. (Sorry Liz!) I also added a 'coming soon' widget to the right hand side to list any upcoming posts so you ladies know what's soon to come here on the site! I hope I remember to update it. I am trying to get a video in here but i've had no time to record one yet...I know im lagging and I apologize to you gals who have submitted things to me and I haven't responded or have done your request, it's a bit hectic on my end!

I walked into a Sephora store about 2 months ago and they had a poster of this model in the window and I remember being in awe (since I love purple and blue) and kept telling myself that I wanna imitate that look. So since I couldn't go back to sleep I thought id play around with it...I didn't have much glittery things to get the lips right, so I opted for a frostier look using only pigments and added some NYX gold glitter for a little sparkle. I ended up not liking it with the eyes so I changed it to "Creme de Femme" and NYC's "Iced Orchid".

It's brighter in person however the flash of my camera tends to wash the color out. :(

Inspiration photo:


My take on it:














What I used:

Face:

- Mad Minerals Foundation in Medium Warm Beige (not a good match)
- Physician's Formula Concealer Duo
- MAC Sculpting Powder in "Sculpt" for contouring the sides of the nose

Cheeks:
- Everyday Minerals blush in "Waffle Cone"
- MAC Beauty Powder in "Drizzlegold"
- MAC Blush in "Coygirl" (just a touch of it on the apples of my cheeks)

Eyes:


Blue-
- MAC Pigment in "Blue" (applied wet)
- MadMinerals eyeshadow in "Electric Blue" (applied wet)

Purple-
- MAC Pigment in "Violet"
- Milani "Wild Violets" Quad (outer-V and contour)
- Milani e/s in "Shock" (lower lashline)
- MadMinerals eyeshadow in "Kunzite" (outer-V and contour)

- Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Blackest Black
- Maybelline Curl XXL Mascara in Black
- Ardell eyelashes
- NYX Eyebrow Powder

Lips:
- Blistex DCT Lip Balm
- Laura Geller Lip Spackle
- MAC Pigment in "Your Ladyship"
- MAC Pigment in "Dazzleray"
- NYX Loose Glitter in "Gold"



15 comments

www.Cosmetic-Candy.com said...

Thats a totally funky look!

Love the eyes, love the lips. What a good idea, mixing the pigment with a balm. Lovely!

Maickou said...

ohhh, thats pretty! reminds me of the color on a peacock! =) amazing job done as always!

B said...

Wow, I can not believe how close your look mimics the actual ad. You did an incredible job, babes. I'm lovin' the gold lips too! Get it, girl!

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

wow, you copied the look VERY well. :] especially in comparison with the first pic of yourself! :D Great job! :]

Tee-Hoa said...

great replica!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Clap Clap Clap!!! Standing Ovation for Vanesssa.

You are a genius. You really can pull that off amazingly. That looks like a Sephora ad to me.
I wish I have half your skills.

You look smashingly hawttttttttttttt..Love the frosty lips and I'm loving that as a holiday color.
Thank you so much. I wish we could all this skills in your next video ;-)

Anonymous said...

hello nessa, NYX finally have their new brush line launched, not as exciting as i expected though. anyway, nice look!

Claudia said...

Wow! It looks really cool on you! Great job Vanessa! ;)

Haha you are not a old granny.. I often take naps at 7PM b/c I'm exhausted from uni/work.. I also like to take naps when I'm at BF's home, because his bed is sooooo soft! <3333

nilla cookie said...

Hey there!

I love the pigment and glitter tip for your lips - totally genius! How well did it stay on your lips?

MrsDiaz said...

Hey Ness,
WoW look at your skills here..hehe..I started a blog about albert and me so check it out when you get a chance! www.chasandalbert.blogspot.com

Ethereal Prey said...

love the lips...you're really good at eye make up girl...i'm jealous! Got ur package! Thanks! You're such a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Wow so cool! how are you able to take great pics like that? everytime i take a pic the flash messes everything up! you have any tips on how u take your pics? thanks!

Vanessa said...

Thanks my lovely ladies! I personally wasn't too happy with the look, but it came out okay... :)

Ly, I have a section on the right hand side on how to take pictures of your makeup looks.

yummy411 said...

great great great replication of the ad! so pretty!!!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Very well done! Sephora would be sooo proud :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter