Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, April 18, 2008

Product Review: Bent Eyeliner Brush (Holy Grail!)

.


Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Price: $5 or $6 at Target, definite 5 out of 5!

What it is:
It's an ergonomically shaped eyeliner brush (this one is from Sonia Kushuk) but many mineral makeup sites online sell this type of brush as well, it's bent at the ferrule (the metal part of the brush that holds the bristles), allowing you to apply eyeliner easier AND allowing you to see where you are lining without having your hand or the brush block your vision using regular eyeliner brushes.

PROS: I love how easier it is to put on eyeliner with this baby (and faster), I am able to see my lashline a lot better so I know where I am applying my eyeliner since the brush handle is pointed down and you just simply apply from the inner corner of your eyes, out. The bristles were soft and it was overall very fun and easy to use. The price is also awesome, I bought this at Target from the Sonia Kushuk line for about $5 or $6 I believe. Using traditional eyeliner brushes such as the flathead (where all the bristles are flat straight across) or the angled eyeliner brush that contours the natural shape of your lid, I had a hard time trying to really see where I was applying my eyeliner, causing me to take a bit longer at times to apply it as well as causing me to mess it up because I couldn't really see where I was lining, with this, all you see are the actual bristles of the brush and your lashline so you have a clear view of where you are putting your eyeliner. It's not blocked by the brush handle or your hand.

CONS: NONE! I love it! It's my holy grail brush!

Overall: I definitely love this brush, I saw a similar Sephora brand brush, but it was $20! No way Jose was I paying that much! So I am glad I found a cheaper one that works just as great!

How you use it:

17 comments

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review. I have to buy this and give it a try.

Can you do a review on how to apply eyeshadow to the inner corner. I look at youtube alot and a lot of the ladies put it on and to me it looks like spilled shadow on the inner corners. Is there a special way to apply it? What color should the inner corner be when you wear pinks, blues, greens, golds etc. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you

Jen said...

I just brought this brush too and I love it! So easy, so cheap.

Nicole said...

Look good! I bought a very fine one a while back from a craft store that was like this.. that was before Sonia Kashuk's line came out at Target and the main other one was Benefit's "Get Bent" brush. I don't really mind using the regular brushes though.

MakeupByRenRen said...

ohhh i love it! i've seen this around but never picked it up and i'm always searching for a good eyeliner brush.

Fabuless Beauty said...

The brush looks a little funky, because it's bent. But other than that, I have been looking for an eyeliner brush...hehe

Tracy Roa said...

ooh, i was thinking about getting one. i'll have to make a stop at target now. haha. have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

ooo awesome, imma check that out since i find it a pain to put liner on with my regular slanted brush, this seems like it's a lot easier!

Anonymous said...

wow that is an interesting brush! i want but it's not available at Target.com... :( just want to ask, do you need to close the eyes you are lining? i usually just half close mine while looking at the mirror and lining mine. any tips how to use this product? i might ask my uncle in US to snatch me one! ;D

Shen said...

wow! better save me one of this on your soon selling site! :) can't wait to see have them!! you're such an enabler. :)

yummy411 said...

darn i wish this would have been out before i dropped the buck on benefit's get bent liner brush. i also have smashbox's.. i fell in love with it when i came out. i don't use it as much anymore, but great find! @ our fav place target!! gotta love it!

Beauty411 said...

Great find! I'm going to pick this up next Target run. I also have the SB one--and also don't use it that often.

B said...

When I first saw this I was like, "Oh Lord....she dun broke a brush." LOL! But I see that it is supposed to be this way and I am diggin' its functions. Will definitely have to check this one out.

TheDaughterOfTyr said...

That brush is too cool.
I'd love to try one out.

Anonymous said...

After reading this post, I decided to head to Target the next day and get the brush. I tried it today, and I have to admit it was the first time I've put on gel eyeliner with no problem. There weren't any mistakes to clean up either! Thanks so much for the recommendation. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nessa! Do you know where I can order something like this online? Thanks :)

Vanessa said...

rmcandlelight, I will try and do a tutorial on it soon!

Moi, I just apply it sometimes with my eyes closed because I find it easier for me to make a straighter line...

Julie- You can try CoastalScents.com or Essentialbeautysupplies.com

Janice said...

how does this compare to vortex bent eyeliner brush?

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter