Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, July 19, 2008

FOTD: Using Sonic Chic Blush in "Nuance" & Colour Forms Pigment in "Tea Time"

.

Nuance (noun)
Etymology:
French, from Middle French, shade of color.

1 : a subtle distinction or variation
2 : a subtle quality : nicety
3 : sensibility to, awareness of, or ability to express delicate shadings (as of meaning, feeling, or value)

So that's why they call it "Nuance", because it is INDEED a subtle shade of color, giving you a nice natural flush of color on your cheeks and a nice natural glow just like "Warm Soul"

Have you ever noticed HOW CREATIVE MAC truly is with their collections, themes, AND names? They really are because they go deep into the root of history sometimes (such as the "Antiquitease" and holiday collection) which was derived from the "Classical Antiquity", an era that comprised the civilizations of Ancient Greece and Rome; and pull out all relative terms and that's how the eyeshadow names and lipstick/lipglass names come about...just amazing!

Anyway, this FOTD is actually TIED into other posts, such as the previous post about the MAC PRO Gloss and will also be used for Shiseido Mascara Base Review as requested by Aimee. I also used my new MAC Pigment in "Tea Time".





What I used:
Face:
- MAC Fix+ spray
- Monistat Primer
- MAC StudioFinish Concealer in NC30
- Fyrinnae Foundation in "Sunstone"

Cheeks:
- MAC Sonic Chic Blush in "Nuance"

Eyes:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP)
- MAC PP in "Constructivist" on lower half of the lid (applied with a synthetic concealer brush)
- MAC e/s in "Femme Fi" on lid (from the Neo-Sci Fi collection)
- MAC e/s in "Ricepaper" and "Shroom" as highlight and browbone
- MAC Pigment in "Tea Time" applied wet on top of "Constructivist" on lower half of the lid and on lower lash line
- MAC e/s in "Shale" applied right above "Tea Time"
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
- Shiseido Mascara Base
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

Lips:
- MAC lipstick in "Cherish"
- MAC Pro Gloss in "Rosy Coral"

21 comments

Unknown said...

Oh wow, you look so pretty ♥ I think this may be my fav look on you among your recent ones... Nuance looks gorgeous on u!! xx

Unknown said...

oooooooooh my favorite of them all!! i love this look on you!!!!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

love how you blended your eye makeup, looks really pretty and soft!

i just love Nuance too, o glad i picked that color over the others though Dainty was very pretty too!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!!!! One of my fav for sureee!!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to get my nuance and pleasantry blush in! ugh...yeah, i hate mac muas that don't know what they're talking about! she could've waived the shipping fee for me but no....she was saying all the stuff i wanted was out of stock even though they showed it in stock online! i think they just wanted my shipping/handling money. lol. oh well! if i went through her on the phone, i wouldn't have gotten my stuff, so good thing i just went online! i love that blush on you!

iamgrape1119 said...

I NEED that pigment! This look is so pretty!

Stephy said...

This is so prettyyyyyyyyy Nessa!! :D
I might go back and get the tea time pigment too cuz it looks so yummy, but i wonder how long the whole jar of pigment will last me LOL so it's still kinda holding me back from getting it.

Wow u got the bf the new 3G iPhone! I wanted to get the bf a new cell phone too cuz the joystick of his phone isnt even working properly anymore!!! but he doesn't seem to be willing to get a new phone to i'm still debating LOL
guys are so hard to shop for!!!

Unknown said...

wow, it really looks nice on you! It's funny how you need to look at the dictionary for makeup labels. I have to say MAC has the biggest creative chop on the block. Too bad everybody just copy whatever good things MAC did.

Ahleessa said...

This has to be my favorite look on you so far! :) It really brings out your eyes.

AskMeWhats said...

this look is sooo cute!!!!! you looked so demure! (I'm not saying you're not demure in real life) :D

ikho said...

wow, tea time and nuance are so worth getting, arent they?!!!! you loooking gorgeoussss!!!

mayaari said...

i love how subtle all the shades are, but how well they manage to stand out at the same time!

Anonymous said...

You look sooo cute !!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I love this look on you

Sara said...

You look GORGEOUS!

Lovin the lippie in Cherish & that blush gives you a gorgeous healthy looking fresh/glowly face!

Xx

Grayburn said...

Gorgeous color combinations!

x Grayburn

Anonymous said...

Your skin looks so flawless!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just wanted to say that I love reading your tutorials and reviews. This look is absolutely gorgeous! Very nice and natural.:)

happy said...

you looked so beautiful with Nuance that it convinced me to go and check it out. I checked out Nuance as well as Warm Soul and Nuance looked really natural and yet gave me some color. Warm Soul turned out to be more of a highlighter on my skin. The color didn't show up at all. I was hoping to check Dainty too but they were sold out. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out at another MAC counter.

dianaoldfield said...

very pretty manang nessa!! i love nuance on you..

na said...

Very pretty!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter