Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July & My Skincare Regimen

.

Just wanna wish you and your family a happy 4th of July! I can't believe it's already July! Before you know it, Christmas will be around the corner again!

I'll be with a few friends in Pasadena at the Rosebowl to watch the fireworks!

What are you all doing for the holiday?
______________________________________________________________________________

I have been asked about my skincare regimen, and since it's changed since the last time I posted about it, I thought id post my new skincare regimen! I am lazy to list down the ingredients for each product, BUT I did provide links so you can just click on it and research it; the MARK cleansers also have reviews with its link.

My skin: Dry







AM (Morning): Since my skin is dry, I don't wash my face in the morning since I wash it the night before, I just use a makeup wipe to refresh my face, spritz a little of my MAC Makeup Fix+ Spray and pat on my "Matte Chance" Mattifying Lotion by MARK, it creates a nice matte canvas prior to applying my primer and makeup, the applicator itself is neat, you push it down and it dispenses just enough cream for application.

AFTERNOON:
Since it's been so hot, I'll spray a little of the MAC Makeup Fix+ Spray to give me a little pick me up (and it sets my makeup at the same time!).



PM (Night): I wash my face with the Cyber Colors Cleansing Oil I bought from Sasa.com. Since my face is dry, the oil cleansing method works for me, it cleans my face, removes my makeup, while keeping moisture in. Since I prefer NOT to leave my face with that oily feeling, I then follow it up with "That's Deep Purifying Gel Cleanser" from MARK (www.meetmark.com) which deep cleans and none of these products break me out obviously.



2-3 times out of the week I EXFOLIATE using Garnier's Skin Renew Polishing Exfoliator which came in a kit with a moisturizer with SPF15, but I don't use the moisturizer because that one breaks me out. But the exfoliator works wonderfully! Really gets rid of all the dead skin cells revealing polished, smoother, and brighter skin. Sometimes I switch off and use Philosophy's MicroDelivery Exfoliating Wash, usually when I travel i'll take this one with me because of the sturdy bottle. You only want to use a tiny, tiny bit of this stuff though because too much will start to hurt and feel like sandpaper on your face.


When I travel, I hate packing all the "equipment" so I like to carry these instead, it's "Noah's Naturals" Milk Cleanser and Green Tea Moisturizer I bought from Wal-Mart. It has NO PARABENS and all that harmful stuff, and the milk cleanser is heaven on my dry skin and doesn't overdry it.


I moisturize at night using my Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturizer




Whenever I had an acne scar or just wanted to maintain nice skin, I use AVON's Correct & Fade Peel which IS NOT a peel like how you would normally imagine, but it's just quilted pads that you use on your face where you have scars or all over, and in time it softens them and lightens them so they are less noticeable. I also use this gel also from Sasa.com, which fades dark spots as well as any scars, and I love it!


For my undereyes, to keep them moisturized since we tend to lose a lot of moisture when we are sleeping, I like to protect that delicate skin around my eyes with an eye serum, also from Wal-Mart.

5 comments

Distinque said...

Happy 4th of July! Geez I'm absolutely jealous that you get to go to all these cool conventions. I would be in heaven if I was there lol. That Mark Matte Chance looks interesting...

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Happy 4th Sis! The family and I will be popping firecrackers ALL NIGHT LONG! :D I can't wait until the tykes are older so Hubbo and I aren't the only "kids" playing with the stuff, lol. Hope you have a great night.

Ethereal Prey said...

Happy 4th!

(g)ezebel said...

happy belated 4th!!! mine was relaxing (i.e., boring).

you are sooo lucky to have dry skin. i have oil-slick skin not even 5 minutes after washing my face. am constantly blotting with the paper toilet seats at work (i might hafta steal a few packs and take 'em home :0P )

Unknown said...

Fade and Peel rocks! ;-) I just ordered matte chance. I hope it works for me. I have heard great things about it.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter