Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Product Review: Maybelline Age Rewind Double Face Perfector Concealer

.


Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $7-$8, available at most drugstores
Color tested: "Light Medium" shade

What they say:
Conceal: cover imperfections
~ Cover adult imperfections: age spots, broken capillaries, blemishes.
~ Complete coverage, doesn't settle into fine lines

Highlight: brighten undereyes
~ Light reflectors brighten away undereye darkness.
~ Add a luminous touch to inner corner of eyes, cheek and brow bones and bridge of nose or to contour lip.

Concealer Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Tristearin, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acetylated Glycol Stearate. May Contain: CI 77891 Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 Iron Oxides.

Highlighter Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat., Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxystearic Acid, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Vitis Vinifera/Grape Fruit Extract, Butlyparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract. May Contain: Ci 77891 Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77499, Ci 77492, CI 77491 Iron Oxides.

Directions:

Conceal: Dot small amount of coverage onto flaws and discoloration with precision tip. Gently blend out with fingertip.

Highlight:
Apply small amount with soft touch brush to brighten (see diagram). Gently blend out with fingertips.

PROS: I like how it's a double-ended tube, one end to conceal (doe foot tip), another end to highlight areas of the face (brush wand) such as under the brow bone, apples of the cheeks, nose, and forehead. I personally like how it's not in a plastic squeeze tube where it can get messy and leak out. It goes on like a dream and blends easily. It really did a good job at concealing any imperfections; in this case my under eye circles. It's great to store in your makeup bag for touchups and if you have nice skin as it is, you can wear this alone. There is no funky smell and I love how the "highlight" portion can really give you a more bright, wide-eyed look. It also doesn't settle into fine lines and cause creasing, which I LOVE since most concealers do this...it stays put and doesn't feel greasy or give me a cakey "melt-y" look.

CONS:
None at the moment!

How does it compare to my MAC StudioFinish Concealer? This is liquid, my MAC one is cream, so the cream one is definitely a lot thicker, but at times can get cakey if I accidentally put too much. I love how easy it was to blend the Maybelline one, and with the MAC one I have to sometimes mix it with a drop of moisturize or Fix+ spray so it's not so 'dry' and so it goes on smoother. It's definitely a good alternative for days I just want to conceal and not wear any foundation.

Has directions on the back of the package to show the areas where you can highlight:
















Blend and then apply highlight:


Success!

24 comments

mailodie247 said...

thank you so much for this entry!!
i was just reading about that concealer from Ricebunny..and was looking for a review =P

AND i was even thinking about purchasing a studiofinish concealer b/c i'm starting to get dark circles =/

if you could choose between the Maybelline and the MAC studiofinish, which would it be? TY!!

An Indian's Makeup Blog said...

Hey !!
Thanks a lot for the review! I have been wanting to buy this product for soooo long ! Good to know it does not crease coz my MAC Moiture cover and Revlon concealers crease terribly :(
This Maybelline one has great ratings on MUA as well...
Thanks Girl!

Pete said...

opps! in wrong blog. Surfing for food blog. heh heh

Stephy said...

Thanks for the review Nessa! I wanted to buy this for a while but after your review, I will buy it for sure! :)

AskMeWhats said...

that is a very interesting product!!! 2-in-1!!! thanks for the review and photos!!!

ting RN said...

one of my fav. reviews because i hate my dark circles! thanks!!! i love your site! <3 ting

Anonymous said...

Hey Vanessa!

I actually purchased this weeks ago but I didn't really use the highlighting feature. My main concern was finding a good concealer. However, I think I will use the highlight in an upcoming FOTD! Thanks for the post!! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks! I've been curious about this product but wasn't sure if I wanna buy it or not. now I really really wanna try it, although I think I"ll have to finish up my neutrogena concealer first -_-

o0foreva0o said...

hey ! this is awesome. Your reviews and very thorough and lots of good advice. I just wnat to say thakn you for all the time you spent giving your advice and doing all this!

I was wondering which concealer you would pick: This Maybelline one or the physician's formula twin concealer that you also had. thanks! :)

Ethereal Prey said...

i wonder if it settles into pores and lines, the mac concealer in the tube did that and that was so not cool!

josephine siu said...

I have this! I got in a long long time ago (like, months! haha) and used it for a week or two.. I liked it (: THEN I picked up MAC's moisture cover concealer, and I fell in love.

Thanks for the review, though!

Anonymous said...

Wow your eye looks refreshed! Nice review =)

Shen said...

ooohh!! i love concealers! i stopped using the studio fix cream coz it is drying and harder to blend. i do hope we this concealer soon so we can try it. it definitely looks like it evened out your eye.. i likey likey!

thanks nessa!! :)

Ling said...

Not bad for a drugstore brand! I'm thinking if my area has it as well. gotta go check it out!

Thanks for the reviews babe. You are the 'man'!

na said...

Thanks for the review! I like how it's double ended; definitely makes concealing a lot easier.

Stephie said...

that concealer looks great... i really wanna try it out now :)

Fabuless Beauty said...

Thanks for this! I've been looking for a great under eye concealer!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the review. I have to go and pick up that concealer/highlighter. 2n1 yeppee.

MakeupByRenRen said...

ohhhhh cool! why didnt we think of this? lol

Sara said...

oOOoOoo this looks promising! Will have to pick up soon! I still love NYX's lil jar though! Have you used that, and if you have do you love/hate it?

Thanks for the review doll, your great!


Xx

Sweet Potato said...

Excellent review! I love to hear the pros and cons of a product before I try it out! So glad that Necessarymakeup is around to give me guidance!

Lani said...

oh wow thanks so much for the review. definitely must try. ;)

Chu said...

Excellent review, like sweet potato said, I use to search reviews before I try it out.
I am asian too, and I use the same shade! (light/medium), I thank god that I did not try out the medium shade, medium tones usually get orange tones in my skin XD And I don't know why!

VerĂ³nica said...

Hi :) thanks for the review! it's really helpful. Actually, i need a concealer with orange and yellow tones, which one do you think would work best on me? light medium o medium? because i've tried other maybelline's concealers which were too pink, and left me a grayish color :(
Please please, thankss!! :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter