Pro Longwear Lustres - $20.00USD
Coco Lust /Sweet Sexy - Deep red brown/copper brown with gold pearlized pigments
Red Flame / Orange Flicker - Intense bright yellow red/bright yellow red with gold pearlized pigments
Red Reflection / Mirror - Deep berry magenta with pearlized pigments/clear with white pearlized pigments
Pink Air / White Top - Light pink with pearlized pigments/clear white with red and pink pearlized pigments
Ripe and Ready / Soft and Lush - Bright pink coral with gold pearlized/yellow pink with gold pearlized pigments
Gypsy Rose / Shimmer it - Berry red with gold pearlized pigments/white gold with multi-coloured pearlized pigments
Custom Rose / Pink Virtue - Berry plum with pearlized pigments/light blue pink with silver pearlized pigments
Boss brown / Slave to Pink - Chocolate bronze with pearlized pigments/champagne neutral with pearlized pigments
Alta Moda / Hip Love - Deep blackened red/deep plum with red pearlized pigments
I will do a FORMAL review on these soon, I have just been SO unbelievably busy! I think I am biting off more than I can chew, but what can I say, I get hungry...lol. I will include pics of these on my lips in my formal review, but for now here are some swatches to tickle your fancy! One end to give you fully pigmented long lasting color, and one end to shine!
I didn't get all of them, just 5 that I liked...I never tried these before (MAC version), so I was eager to just get a few to see how I like them....just gotta wait and see till my review! Sorry the swatches were "smudged", the BF thought it would be cool to test the staying power by holding hands....ugh! LOL!
*Sorry I accidentally put "White on top", but it's "White Top"...
The Eyeliners from Starflash...
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
My sis said she is coming in September(boo!)instead of in August. At least it's only a month away!
I have so much to blog about yet so little time! I might not be able to blog tonight like usual since I have to write a few reviews that are due, AND package everything up that y'all bought so I can ship out most of them tomorrow; and because the BF is taking me out to dinner. Also, sleeping 4 hours a night is really kicking my ass, lol. But I plan on doing some useful posts, such as mineral makeup and the different brands I have tried...I am still in the testing phase of some mineral foundations so I am trying them out until I can make my final assessment on them. :)
Anyway, here is a fotd I did using the new Starflash eyeshadow in "Go" (don't worry I will be doing some fotd's using all the eyeshadows, I just unfortunately only have 2 eyes, LOL). I was in a bit of a rush because the BF was yelling at me to hurry up! I wore a blue shirt but didn't want to be too matchy-matchy, so I made my peepers pop by adding Milani's Color Brilliance Eye Pencil in "Aqua" on my lower lashline. (Also available on my online store)
What I used:
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
- Camellia Rose Skin Soothing Primer
- Buff'd Mineral Foundation, mix of "Chamois" and "Almond" (which needs about a scoop of "Buff")
- MAC Sonic Chic Blush in "Warm Soul"
- Contour I used MAC "Emote" Blush
- MAC "Soft Ochre" PP all over the lid
- MAC e/s in "Ricepaper" all over the lid, concentrating more on the highlight/browbone.
- Urban Decay (UD) e/s in "Honey" on lower half of the lid applied with a sponge-tip applicator
- MAC Starflash e/s in "Go" on outer-V and contour
- Milani "Sun Goddess" applied a little before the outer-V (reddish copper color)
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack" along lashline applied with Sonia Kushuk's angled eyeliner brush
- Shiseido Mascara Base
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara
- Milani Eye Pencil in "Aqua" on lower lashline
- MAC l/s in "Cherish"
- MAC "Rosy Coral" gloss (PRO)
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I was on the 8th floor of a high-rise when it happened, and boy was that scary but we're all ok, still feeling some aftershocks, I hope all you Cali ladies are ok as well! :)
Monday, July 28, 2008
Camera used: Nikon D40X (digital SLR)
***PLEASE DO NOT use my pictures without crediting the source. Much appreciated!***
You can check out some swatches here: Starflash Swatches
Thanks to Debbie who gave me the heads up! The MAC store at the Glendale Galleria released their Starflash Collection out early (I love them for this!) so the BF and I went on a date to the mall, LOL.
He took me to MAC (yes, that evil store!) and bought me some loot! I really tried to just get the colors I don't already have, but I couldn't decide so I ended up getting all of them (except Bold & Brazen since it was just ok to me) and I wanted "Talent Pool" but the MUA said they sold out of that already. :( So I guess i'll just wait when it's released at the Topanga mall on Thursday and nab it!
This collection is definitely pretty, BUT a majority of the colors ARE DUPE-able! So if you already have many of the permanent eyeshadows by MAC, you do not need to rush out to get the eyeshadows from this collection because they are almost identical! I don't have "Fertile" e/s and many compared it to "Top Hat" from this collection, so I am glad I got it and it is indeed a gorgeous plummy color!
They are a lot smoother and 'creamier' than the permanent eyeshadows, I think the finish to these are "Veluxe Pearl" and it goes on so pigmented in just a couple swipes. I AM SELLING BRAND NEW "Star by Night" and "Grand Entrance" eyeshadow on my online store which will launch tomorrow! I am also going to be selling samples of MAC's Lip Erase in "Dim". A small scoop in a 3 gram jar, should last plenty of uses.
I have put some comparison pictures together of the starflash eyeshadow and the dupe down below...so you be the judge!
This is just a list of colors/brands SIMILAR if not identical to the Starflash e/s:
* Dreammaker - Frosty yellow gold//DUPES: Ricepaper (more matte), Nanogold?
* Grand Entrance - Frosty neutral pink beige//DUPES: Milani "Illusion" e/s, UD "Sin"
* Bold & Brazen - Frosty light copper//DUPES: Milani "Flare"
* Sunset B. - Frosty mid-tone pink//DUPES: "Trophy Pink" from COOL EYES Palette
* Lotusland - Pinky lavender with gold pearl//DUPES: MAC e/s in "Beautiful Iris" (more matte), MAC e/s in "Mancatcher" (LE)
* Talent Pool - Blue green with gold pearl//DUPES: MAC e/s in "Steamy", "Parrot"
* Mink & Sable - Olive green//DUPES: Milani's "Antique Gold", MAC e/s in "Sumptuous Olive"
* Smoke & Diamonds - Frosty dirty taupe//DUPES: MAC "Sweet Sienna" (LE) Pigment
* Go - Frosted bronze//DUPES: MAC e/s in "Tempting", UD e/s in "Smog"
* Glamour Check! - Reddish brown//DUPES: MAC e/s in "Twinks" with a little "Cranberry"
* Top Hat - Dirty Indigo//DUPES: MAC "Fertile" e/s
* Star by Night - Mid-tone blue//DUPES: Milani's "Blue Ice"
My sister is coming to town! I guess she is driving my parents nuts so they are sending her to me for the rest of the summer (don't know if that's a good thing, LOL), since she is a teenager, it sounds about that time we aren't too fond of our parents, lol. So you know what that means! I have a student to do make-overs on...not like she needs it because she is naturally gorgeous! And she is the only one out of me and my other sister that doesn't look Asian (she got our mom's genes), so it should be fun playing up her features. My other younger sis is coming too and I know she'll have fun playing "dress-up" with all my things...
Anyway, here are my MAC lippies and swatches of course. I forgot to include my mattene lipstick, slimshines, and MAC l/s in "faux", but you can just search for these in the search box on this site to find swatches on them. As you can see I love to collect at least one lipstick from each collection (but lately some collections have had sheer lippies).
I agree with xppinkxx when she called us ladies "lipstick army" because doesn't this pic look like an army of lipsticks?? HAHA.
CLICK TO ENLARGE PICS:
Lipstick names with an (LE) means it was a limited edition item and MAY no longer be available at MAC, but you may find it at a CCO store near you. Lipsticks with (PRO) mean it is a PRO product and only available at MAC PRO stores (some may be available at certain MAC freestanding stores). Lipsticks without anything beside it means they are still part of the permanent line.
Masque (LE, Alexander McQueen Collection)
Fun N' Sexy (LE, Fafi Collection)
Port Red (LE, Naughty Nauticals)
Curtsy (LE, Danse Collection)
Sparks Can Fly (LE, Smoke Signals Collection)
Show Orchid (PRO)
Creme de Femme
Peachstock (PRO) although I have seen this one time at a freestanding store...
Sci-Fidelity (LE, Neo-Sci Fi collection)
Pleasure Seeker (LE, Neo-Sci Fi collection)
California Dreaming (FREE lipstick for CA residents only)
Honeymoon (LE, Moonbathe Collection)
Melrose Mood (LE, Heatherette Collection)
Fleshpot (LE, Heatherette Collection)
Saturday, July 26, 2008
This is a look I did a few days ago, I used MAC "Night Light" Pigment (LE-Limited Edition), and the dark green eyeshadow from the L'Oreals HIP Metallic Eyeshadow Duo in "Gunmetal".
Sorry no full face pics, I was looking like crap thanks to my allergies, lol.
What I used:
- MAC's "Night Light" Pigment applied wet on lower half of the lid with a sponge-tip applicator (for better control)
- Dark green side of L'Oreal's HIP Metallic e/s Duo on outer'V and contour
- MAC "goldmine" e/s and "femme fi" as highlight
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack" on upper lashline
- Milani's Color Brilliance Eye Pencil in "Green" on lowerlashline
Friday, July 25, 2008
***Some of you asked which one was an overall winner from my last post on the concealer, it's a tie for me to be honest and I actually use both sometimes, the liquid, and then put MAC's concealer on top. They both bring something to to table, for the winter I think all I need is the Maybelline one because it's lighter and I can use it without wearing foundation. With this HOT california heat, I need something that'll stay on a bit longer hence I use both at the same time; since the MAC one is a cream, it stays on longer for me. But if you DON'T need a lot to conceal much, then the Maybelline one will work just fine.
The release date for the Starflash collection is Thursday July 31, 2008. I was able to preview this collection along with the other lippie collection coming out "Lustre Twins" (Pro-Long Wear)as my local Nordie's had it already out on display. However, I did NOT buy anything because I want to use my discount as I plan on buying ALL of the eyeshadows, yes ALL. Why? Well take a look at these swatches and seriously just TRY to pick only one you want, I dare you! LOL.
So I plan on getting all of them because they are gorgeous! (Besides, the BF said I can! haha) and there are about 3 eyeshadows missing from these swatches because the MUA was using it on someone...enjoy!
Are you all planning to get something from this collection?
Mink & Sable= Milani's "Antique Gold"
Lotusland= MAC e/s in "Stars N' Rockets"
Top Hat & Sunset B.- MAC e/s in "Modern Heir" and "Trophy Pink" from the holiday Cool Eyes palette
Star By Night= MAC e/s in "Freshwater" with a little "Deep Truth"
* Dreammaker - Frosty yellow gold (Starflash) (LE)
* Grand Entrance - Frosty neutral pink beige (Starflash) (LE)
* Bold & Brazen - Frosty light copper (Starflash) (LE)
* Sunset B. - Frosty mid-tone pink (Starflash) (LE)
* Lotusland - Pinky lavender with gold pearl (Starflash) (LE)
* Talent Pool - Blue green with gold pearl (Starflash) (LE)
* Mink & Sable - Olive green (Starflash) (LE)
* Smoke & Diamonds - Frosty dirty taupe (Starflash) (LE)
* Go - Frosted bronze (Starflash) (LE)
* Glamour Check! - Reddish brown (Starflash) (LE)
* Top Hat - Dirty Indigo (Starflash) (LE)
* Star by Night - Mid-tone blue (Starflash) (LE)
Kohl Powers Eye Pencils: $13.50USD
* Raven - Black with red pearl (LE) (Repromote from Smoke Signals)
* Orpheus - Black with gold pearl (LE) (Repromote from Smoke Signals)
* Feline - Rich black (LE) (Repromote from Blue Storm and Alexander McQueen for MAC)
* Mystery - Black with green and teal pearl (LE) (Repromote from Blue Storm)
* Zoomlash - Zoomblack
Pro Longwear Lustres - $20.00USD
* Coco Lust /Sweet Sexy - Deep red brown/copper brown with gold pearlized pigments
* Red Flame / Orange Flicker - Intense bright yellow red/bright yellow red with gold pearlized pigments
* Red Reflection / Mirror - Deep berry magenta with pearlized pigments/clear with white pearlized pigments
* Pink Air / White Top - Light pink with pearlized pigments/clear white with red and pink pearlized pigments
* Ripe and Ready / Soft and Lush - Bright pink coral with gold pearlized/yellow pink with gold pearlized pigments
* Gypsy Rose / Shimmer it - Berry red with gold pearlized pigments/white gold with multi-coloured pearlized pigments
* Custom Rose / Pink Virtue - Berry plum with pearlized pigments/light blue pink with silver pearlized pigments
* Boss brown / Slave to Pink - Chocolate bronze with pearlized pigments/champagne neutral with pearlized pigments
* Alta Moda / Hip Love - Deep blackened red/deep plum with red pearlized pigments
Nail Lacquer - $11.00USD
* $$$$$ Yes - Metallic silver foil (frost)(Repromote from MAC for Heatherette)
* Perplexing - Deep blue purple (frost)(New and PERM)
* Firehouse - Bright chrome red (frost)(New and PERM)
Info from: Specktra.net
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $7-$8, available at most drugstores
Color tested: "Light Medium" shade
What they say:
Conceal: cover imperfections
~ Cover adult imperfections: age spots, broken capillaries, blemishes.
~ Complete coverage, doesn't settle into fine lines
Highlight: brighten undereyes
~ Light reflectors brighten away undereye darkness.
~ Add a luminous touch to inner corner of eyes, cheek and brow bones and bridge of nose or to contour lip.
Concealer Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Tristearin, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acetylated Glycol Stearate. May Contain: CI 77891 Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 Iron Oxides.
Highlighter Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat., Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxystearic Acid, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Vitis Vinifera/Grape Fruit Extract, Butlyparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract. May Contain: Ci 77891 Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77499, Ci 77492, CI 77491 Iron Oxides.
Conceal: Dot small amount of coverage onto flaws and discoloration with precision tip. Gently blend out with fingertip.
Highlight: Apply small amount with soft touch brush to brighten (see diagram). Gently blend out with fingertips.
PROS: I like how it's a double-ended tube, one end to conceal (doe foot tip), another end to highlight areas of the face (brush wand) such as under the brow bone, apples of the cheeks, nose, and forehead. I personally like how it's not in a plastic squeeze tube where it can get messy and leak out. It goes on like a dream and blends easily. It really did a good job at concealing any imperfections; in this case my under eye circles. It's great to store in your makeup bag for touchups and if you have nice skin as it is, you can wear this alone. There is no funky smell and I love how the "highlight" portion can really give you a more bright, wide-eyed look. It also doesn't settle into fine lines and cause creasing, which I LOVE since most concealers do this...it stays put and doesn't feel greasy or give me a cakey "melt-y" look.
CONS: None at the moment!
How does it compare to my MAC StudioFinish Concealer? This is liquid, my MAC one is cream, so the cream one is definitely a lot thicker, but at times can get cakey if I accidentally put too much. I love how easy it was to blend the Maybelline one, and with the MAC one I have to sometimes mix it with a drop of moisturize or Fix+ spray so it's not so 'dry' and so it goes on smoother. It's definitely a good alternative for days I just want to conceal and not wear any foundation.
Has directions on the back of the package to show the areas where you can highlight:
Blend and then apply highlight: