Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I love Mario Badescu!

.



When it comes to skincare, I am all over it like white on rice. I spend quite a few dollars when it comes to my skin, because like many of you, I want something that actually WORKS.

Luckily, I don't have much to worry about because I take preventative measures with my skin, BUT if I get careless, my skin can become super dry, or oily on the forehead, and occasionally I will have a pimple appear magically in the worst spots where my bangs can't hide it. Argh. So even though my skin is naturally like a baby's bottom (CON: people still think you are in high school!), it does get blemishes especially now that I am getting older and with all the junk we put on our faces and the environment, our diet, etc.

I tried Mario Badescu's skin care products such as their Buttermilk Moisturizer, Ceramide Eye Cream, Seaweed Cleansing Soap, and their buffering lotion, and let me tell you how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his products! I noticed a dramatic change in my skin and I have only been using it for 2 weeks!

So you can get a better idea of the difference it made on my skin, let me tell you how my skin was BEFORE...my skin was dry around my cheeks, nose, and chin, but oily on the forehead. Also since I have bangs, the natural oils from my hair was not helping, hence I would get tiny pimples on my forehead, one after another, or Milia, and it would be so devastating for me because you try all these products from high-end to low end, work hard to maintain nice decent skin, only to make things worse or not help at all. After using his seaweed cleaning soap and the buttermilk moisturizer (which I love and it smells great), my skin actually STAYS blemish free, NOT dry (thank God!), and it actually glows and looks radiant to me then it ever did.

I tried so many products that would work for a few days, then just STOP working completely. Products that would over-dry my skin, making it raw and patchy, or ones that contributed by adding another monstrous, painful pimple. Imagine how much money some of us our wasting...the frustration of finding something that works for you. Aye.

But ever since I have been using his products, I have not received anything even remotely close to a pimple, my complexion is even, smooth and glowy, and I actually feel like it's really clean and moisturized. The buttermilk moisturizer isn't heavy or greasy to me like some people mentioned on Makeup Alley, and again EVERYONE'S NEEDS and EXPERIENCES are different, I can only speak for myself, and I personally LOVE his products so much, they may be pricey for some, but for me it's worth it rather than having to spend $7 or $8 here and there for drugstore brands only to toss them out because they did nothing for me.

I am buying full-size bottles of his stuff!

11 comments

Tracy Roa said...

great post! i'm still searching for some good skin care products, but i'm holding off b/c i just started reading the beauty bible by paula begoun. have you read it? i tend to get suckered in by fancy advertising and posts like yours (no offense! :P), only to find the products don't do me any good. i'll definitely keep this stuff in mind if after i do all my research, the products might turn out to be good for me.

Camilla said...

Hi,
I got a question about skincare... I've fought a really bad acne a few years ago but there's still one thing left - blackheads. I hate them and I've been trying a lot of cosmetics but nothing helped me so far. Do you know any tips/products that could help it? They are like pretty deep and even visiting cosmetician didn't help much, I'll be happy for any advice!

Anonymous said...

oh wow so that stuff is called milla ..man I had no idea thats what that was ..I have a few around my eye and cheek area ..and just figured they was permanent pimples i had to live lol. Thanks for the tip on that ..now i need to find out what i can do to get rid of them.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Nice review sis! Thanks for the rec.

Fei said...

Ohh. I cannot wait for my MB samples to arrive! I'm itching to try out the stuff!

Okay, that's pretty funny that Tiff Duong has bugged you before. Someone needs to find something better to do with her time...

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with you! ive been using the samples that came with the drying lotion i bought and i am in love with his products! theyre really gentle and make my skin glow!

(g)ezebel said...

i looove mario badescu products, too! i haven't got the buffering lotion yet, though. i have the drying cream and the cucumber toner and the healing powder and the silver powder.

laadyLike said...

I agree! I got my samples from Mario Badsceu a couple weeks ago and fell in love with the products I had recieved. They make my skin feel super soft. I'm totally buying full sized products too.

MakeupByRenRen said...

i love your skin care posts b/c i have very limited knowledge of this area of cosmetics...where do you buy this? online...or at sephora? i haven't seen it around too much but i do recognize the name...

Vanessa said...

Hi Ren! You can get it on his website, www.mariobadescu.com

Anonymous said...

where did you get the samples???

I want to try first!!

dianilas@gmail.com

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter