Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, March 31, 2008

Reader Questions

.

Here are some questions some of you have asked:

Q: Did you really use Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer?

A: YES! I know it sounds weird and you're like WTH, but don't let the name fool you, it's the INGREDIENT that's the primer, which is dimethicone, and if you currently have another primer, look at the ingredients and you will see dimethicone or other forms of ingredients that end in "cone". CLICK HERE for my review on the Monistat Chafing Gel and the comparison against my other personal fav, Camellia Rose's Skin Soothing Primer.

I have heard of Monistat being used as a primer LOOOOONNNNG time ago when I first got into mineral makeup, I just haven't used it because at the time I had TONS of primers to use up, Sephora Makeup Base, Laura Geller Spackle, etc. and when I ran out of my favorite (her store was closed due to so many orders), I had to settle for the Monistat one, and I love it because it works, and is the same consistency as Smashbox Photo Finish.

Q: Where did you get the Humectress Leave-In Spray from Nexxus?

A: I bought it at Wal-Mart for about $10.

Q: What are some alternatives to MAC?

A: I personally love NYX Cosmetics, available on CherryCulture.com, many of you ask what my favorites are and I like them all personally. For the NYX Round Lipsticks, I love "Rea, Pandora, Circe, B52, Thalia", for the Black Label Lipstick I like "Dusty Rose" for the eyeshadows.. I like "Deep Purple, Golden Orange, Blondie, Rust, Burgundy Pearl, Slate", pretty much all of them are great colors! For the Mega Lipglosses: "Barbie Pink, Beige, Golden Pink"

Q: Are you selling MAC Pigments?


A: I am still NOT selling MAC Pigments at the moment, I hope to soon but I have just been so busy and have not bought any jars for it. I also just hate dealing with those that say they want it and I never hear from them, etc.

Q: Where can I get Mario Badescu samples?

A: You get the samples with any purchase of a full-sized item on www.mariobadescu.com. I purchased his Buffering Lotion, hence I got the drawstring baggie full of samples.

10 comments

Anonymous said...

What site do you use so you get the samples with your order?

Vanessa said...

It's by Mario Badescu, so www.mariobadescu.com....

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I wanted to make sure I ordered from the right place so I could try all the different samples from them.

Anonymous said...

that "monistat gel" is really interesting =) me and my friends are also waiting for camellia rose to reopen.... thanks for the detailed review dear.

TheDaughterOfTyr said...

I love NYX products. Luckily there are 2 places to get it even in my tiny city.

I've been hearing about the Monistat Chafing Gel for a while, I guess it really does work!
I find I don't need a primer most of the time though.

tynie626 said...

hey nessa! i do love the monistat gel myself. i actually used it in a "foundation tut" the other day - youtube.com/tynie626 - and i got a comment urging me not to use it because its not intended for the face and that its not the same thing as the smashbox. this was coming from a professional who has been in the industry for yrs and yrs.. i dunno, i dont have 30 bucks to waste on smashbox so i'll take my chances with monistat!!

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with the person who urged Lesley not to use Monistat primer gel on her face. I'm a medical professional and I don't see anything wrong with using it on the face. I have been using it as a primer for more than a year. I love it because it has much fewer ingredients than any foundation primer I've come across and it works as well as the big name brands, at a fraction of the cost.

Vanessa said...

I agree with you too anonymous, if anything the ingredient in the Monistat is so simple and not mixed with other ingredients, also dimethicone is used in BOTH of them so I don't see why that one would be bad for your skin while an actual primer with the same ingredient isn't....

Mia said...

where can i get the monistat chafing gel. i'm new in hk. please help. thanks~

Mia said...

where can i get the monistat chafing gel. i'm new in hk. please help. thanks~

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter