Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sasa Haul, Meow Cosmetics Oil Control Primer Powder, & Breast Cancer Donations

.

I'd like to start off with something that's very dear to me, reader Christal informed me that the owner of Pure Luxe has a special mineral color, "Tinker Pink" designed to help her friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer and has had a breast removed because of this deadly disease. By purchasing one for $6, you are helping her friend get the treatment she needs, as all proceeds of this purchase will go to her.

This is very important to me as breast and ovarian cancer run in my family, I lost my great grandmother to cancer and sadly when I was a baby, so I never got to know this wonderful woman, my grandmother also had a breast removed, and my mother had a malignant cyst removed back in the early 90's. Of course it's inevitable that I am the next of kin, so I have been doing everything in my power to keep myself healthy and hopefully prevent this deadly disease that has robbed some of us of our loved ones. So PLEASE purchase this color if you can, for $6 you are helping save a life, and you get a lovely mineral eyeshadow as well to remind you of the power and strength us women have.

Here is the link: Buy "Tinker Pink"!

I know I am buying mine!





I completely forgot that I ordered from Sasa.com like about a month ago, then I get a note from USPS saying I had a parcel waiting to be picked up, so I picked it up this morning and the box said "Hong Kong" and I was like "What did I order from Hong Kong!???", then I remembered; it was my Shiseido Eyelash Curler, I know Lani had requested I do a review on this one after the review I did on the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, so I will do one soon! I also got the Tiffa Mascara Base which reminds me of the imju Fiberwig mascara because it actually has tiny fibers, I haven't tested it out yet so we will see, I also got a Cleansing Oil that has Rose & Chamomile, smells so yummy! Then this spot remover that supposedly removes scars and dark spots completely, and Nexcare Acne Dots which are used when a pimple appears, you just place the sticker directly to the affected area and the sticker turns white when it's ready to be replaced (after it absorbs all the sebum). I am excited to try all these items out!









I also received my Premiere Puss Primer Powder from Meow Cosmetics the other day, it's a priming powder you apply BEFORE your foundation to control oil throughout the day, I read reviews on it before purchasing it and they were all pretty good, so I went ahead and bought the full-size for $12.95, the ingredients are: Kaolin Clay, Silk Powder, Boron Nitride, none of which my skin reacts to.

I tried it out, and I really noticed a difference! My skin looked a lot smoother for one thing with my mineral foundation, I guess because my mineral foundation wasn't absorbing any oil, making it look blotchy and runny at the end of the day. I will do a formal review soon!



27 comments

Anna said...

it took sasa a whole month for the package to arrive?? i've been wanting to try MEOW cosmetics but the packaging doesn't attract me lol. i'll be waiting for a review =D

Vanessa said...

Hi Anna! Yeah usually they ship super fast, either that or I just completely forgot about when I even ordered it with all the other crazy things i've been ordering online!

Yeah this is my first item from Meow Cosmetics, so far this is probably the only thing I like from them!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

I definitely need a primer under my foundation. I'm trying out Strobe right now and it does make a difference having it under even though it's not really a primer.

na said...

Nice haul! I love Japanese makeup.

I like that Meo has Kaolin clay! That sounds like it'd be great for oil absorption.

Taryn said...

Nessa, that is so nice of you to advertise Tinkerpink on your blog. I'm sure it will not only bring attention to a deadly disease, but also increase the sales of the shadow. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's struggles with cancer. I think it's touched all of our lives in one way or another. :(

On a more upbeat note, those Nexcare pimple stickers are the bomb! When I get a cystic pimple (or even just a regular one), it really does shrink them down. It doesn't zap them right away, but there is a noticeable difference in size after sleeping with one on. Isn't Japanese technology great? Why don't we have those here?!

BTW, I've been meaning to respond to your email but things have been busy around here. We're heading out to see the in-laws in LA on 3/20. Fun!

itsliz89.com said...

According to the Shiseido culer box, it's only 800 yen? That's sooo cheap!

Angie said...

I am so jealous, you have a haul like every week! :P Your sasa products seriously really make me want to buy everything lol. I'm looking forward to the Tiffa mascara base review and the acne dot patches! They sound promising. ^-^ Btw, do you know if the Meow primer powder can be used under liquid foundation like MAC SFF? I kept thinking of Cat Cosmetics when I'm reading the Meow stuff, lol. Love Cat Cosmetics' Silk Purrfection Primer though. I prefer it over Smashbox's.

Psalm 23 said...

yeah thanks for advertising, I know so many ppl read your blog and the word will get out. I would advertise too on my fb but none of my friends wear mineral makeup or care much about ordering makeup online. That's why I love the internet, but seriously what would we do without it ?? Heehee

Anonymous said...

Hey doll! I'm def. getting Tinker Pink in my order of Pure Luxe products! I haven't tried any of their products yet, but they look promising. I like the packaging for Meow Cosmetics so I think I'm going to test those out as well...what do you recommend??

Thanks!
:]

♥ Sara

The 4 Rockstars said...

I'm awaiting for a review on scar remover and the pimple sticker!

I've gotten the primer as well, but I got the combination version, which doesn't help my oily skin that much...I guess I'll have to get the oily skin version next time, especially for summer.

Fei said...

WHAT! It took a month?!?! Gah. Looks like I'll be waiting on mine a while...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Tinker Pink shadow! I recently ordered from Luxe a few samples and I am in love with this line! I did, however, go on a month-long no makeup buying vow... But since this was for such a good cause, (my family too is plauged with breast cancer) and it's limited edition, I could not pass it up!

Thanks again, Nessa!

Fabuless Beauty said...

Have you ever tried MEOW mineral makeup foundation? And if so, how's the coverage? But yes, I do agree with you that mineral makeup does not absorb oil, I don't know why.

Anonymous said...

OOoo..i'm waiting for your review on the meow's primer! Do you think that primer would be better than say liquid/cream primers? And similiar to angie's question if this can be used under liquid foundation? love your blog! =)

Unknown said...

hi vanessa..
i've been reading ur blog since las june...i love it...oh..the sewame paris removal spot n scars works for pimple too...i used to have a lot of pimple all over my face..it was scary though..n when i tried dat product, it worked great!(since i got like alot,it took 3 months to totally get rid all the pimple) u shud see my face before and after using dat product lol..n yeah, it took me a month too to receive the items from sasa :(

Kim said...

the shiseido eyelash curler is the best... the first one i bought and tried was the shu uemura when i was 14 but i hated it because it pinched me constantly.

i am interested in trying the heated one you did a review on. the person who waxed my eyebrows the other day suggested i get an eyelash perm.. which i may try out too.

Anonymous said...

I think it's very nice of you to bring up Tinkerpink in your blog. :)

Hey I dont think you would need the acne spot treatment thingy. You have such flawless skin!!

shuzhen1994 said...

Wow a month! That's quite a while. The acne dots look interesting, I hope you do a review on them =).

e said...

After reading the reviews on Makeup Alley I really wanted to try that primer too! I don't use mineral foundation though so I'm not sure it's for me...I can't wait for the review.

psychoexgirlfriend said...

I'm sorry to hear about your family's history of breast cancer. My best friend's family also has a history of the disease, so I dread the day when/if she tells me she has the same. It's good of you to spread the word about Tinker Pink.

MakeupByRenRen said...

yay i'm so glad that you posted this, now i know a good site to purchase asian cosmetics, woo hoo! i tried going in cali but didn't quite understand the labels, lol. that primer looks too cool by the way:)

mayaari said...

hoo-ah, a month? guess I can still take my time ordering anything then, haha :) some of their skincare items look really nice though...

Bliss said...

Oooo nice haul, im totally waiting for your review on the tiffa base and the acne patches, its totally cool.

Liz said...

oooh.. SaSa.. i frequent their outlets here in Singapore.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to try that powder primer in the summer. Nice find.

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

*snap* on the korean cucumber face pack xD let me know how you find it! gotta love sasa! i could live in that shop hehe.

Anonymous said...

is the shipping expensive when you order from sasa.com?

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter