Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Product Review: Vo5 Detangler and Leave-In Conditioner

.

Product: 3.5 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Overall: 3 out of 5
Price: Between $5-$7

What it claims:

VO5 Detangle & Shine!
Daily Weightless Leave-in Conditioner
No More Knots

* 5 - vitamin enriched formula
* Leaves hair looking strong, healthy and vitally alive
* Weightless conditioning formula prevents breakage and enhances shine
* Use daily either alone for light conditioning or with your daily conditioner for more intense conditioning
* UV filter helps protect color - treated hair from sun damage
* Protects hair from blow drying and heat styling

Directions: After shampooing, apply leave - in conditioner to towel dried hair. Comb through hair to ensure even distribution. Do not rinse out. Style as usual. Use daily or as often as needed. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes flush thoroughly with water.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Amodimethicone, PEG 12 Dimethicone, PVP, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Biotin, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth 12, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Benzophenone 4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum)

PROS: It smells really nice and left my hair really soft since it's not just a detangler but a leave-in conditioner as well, I also liked how it didn't seem to overly dry out my hair since it does NOT contain alcohol in it (another beauty tip is to look for hair products that DO NOT have alcohol as alcohol can dry out your hair's natural oils). The bottle is pretty big so you get a lot for your money, it comes in a spray bottle with a plastic cap.

CONS: It didn't really do a great job at detangling my hair nor did I notice any "shine". Also the bottle may be hard to grip for some because of it's length and the material of the bottle is some sort of a slippery plastic.

OVERALL: I may re-purchase it since it smells so nice, I am still on the fence because as much as I loved how soft it made my hair feel, it didn't detangle or shine all that great and I feel that I would perhaps buy another product (maybe v05 or another brand) that will do ALL 3 things, and not just one.

8 comments

MakeupByRenRen said...

hey hon...i think you could find a product that def does all 3...right now i use frizz-ease leave in conditioner...it also leaves my hair soft and detangles it...but i dunno about the shine factor...i can't wait to see what other products you review!

Anonymous said...

I actually bought this stuff and hated it at first. But I found that when I cut my hair and began to use it is when I could feel the shine ad softness even more. Sometimes I just think this is one of the products that works best when you have short hair (shoulder length and above) :)

Fei said...

DOOOOO it! These contacts seriously feel like nothing when I have them on. I'm running on just 3 hours of sleep right now, but my eyes still feel fine!

christy kimchee. said...

I'm up for anything that makes my hair smell gooodddd. :) Esp. the Herbal Essence products.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried Sunsilk 24/7 Creme Hydra TLC (pink bottle)? I really like it. It's not necessarily a leave in conditioner but it could be used for that. I have an oily scalp but this never feels heavy. It smells good too. It's labeled for "Rough ends and hair that stick out all over." They also have other types but this is the only one I've tried. Love your site! Thank you so much for all your reviews. You're awesome!:)

Sara said...

Hey doll, Sunsilk Therma shine works pretty good. Sunsilk Hydra TLC (the pink bottle) works really really well if you want your hair to be soft and detangle (as the annoynmous stated). It doesn't add exactly TONS of shine though. BUT if you combine both the Sunsilk Therma Shine and the Sunsilk Hydra TLC, it might work out for ya! Garnier Fructis Leave-in Sleek and Shine is wonderful. I'm not HUGE on hair products, as I don't do much w/ my hair at ALL, but these work pretty good. Doves Straight and Soft will make your hair feel incredibly soft. Have you ever tried putting hairspray in your while it was WET only? I've heard hairstylist say they do this for good shine and frizz/styling control.

Xx. :]

ilurvemakeup said...

OoooOooo Will have to check this out this weekend... I could use a new leave-in conditioner :)

Vi Anne said...

detanglers never work on my hair... or maybe they just don't work at all.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter