Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Video: Take-off! Nail polish remover & battery-operated nail file...

.

Here's a little video of the take-off, I don't know why but take-off in planes is amazing and is honestly my favorite part of trips! I always sit by the window just to get an awesome view!



I am going to be catching up on emails! So I apologize in advance for any delayed responses! Some of you were asking where I got my green dress from my previous post and what makeup I used, I got the dress from Old Navy and the makeup I used MAC's "Emerald Green" Pigment. I wanted to use my Milani "Shamrock" eyeshadow, but I couldn't find it only to realize at the airport it was in my purse the whole time!

The new site is unfortunately taking a backseat at the moment since I've been so busy trying to finalize other things, so I am hoping it will be done soon...I feel like I never really "settled" since I got back from NY, there's always something to do.

I went to Wal-Mart and picked me up a battery-operated nail filer (similar to the ones they use at the salon), it was only $8 and it comes with different heads you can interchange to file, buff, shine, shape, etc. It's awesome, a lot faster than filing and I love how it really sands my nail down so there are no ridges creating a nice smooth surface to apply my nailpolish.







Also, Simply Basic's Nail Polish Remover is SOOOOOO much better than the Cutex Twister Nail Polish Remover, why? Because the Cutex Twister has a sponge UNDER the plastic part that encases it eventually causing discomfort and not thoroughly removing your nail polish and perhaps causing damage to your nail. With the Simply Basics one (available at Wal-Mart), it's PURE SPONGE, soaked in acetone so there is no discomfort whatsoever and removes nail polish in a cinch! (Sorry for the "shadowy" pics)









And Jon's niece Alyssa Jolie! She is just too cute!

11 comments

Anonymous said...

love that pink on your nails...what color is it?

Vanessa said...

Hi Brittni! It's by "Sinful Colors", I don't have it on me right now, so i'll check the color when I get home...it's gorgeous!

B said...

Giiiiirl, I adore Sinful Colors from Walgreens. Only $1.99. I just purchased some yesterday! Glad you made it safely. I'll be headed to NYC next weekend. Aren't we some travelin' beauties?

P.S.
I'm workin' on my site too and it has been the biggest headache so I'm definitely understanding that havin' to take a backseat. LOL....muah!

Ethereal Prey said...

zomg I have tried those two products too! the electric nail file was ok, kinda weird to use but ok. Its like a dremmel for the feet and stuff. The nail polish remover in the jar is pretty cool, I liked mine except when it started getting dark, and the nail polish started getting darker and it would leave residue on my fingers...i guess you just gotta know when to dump the stuff, yes the sponge is uber, too bad it doesn't work on toes...:P

Tracy Roa said...

cool video. :D the take-off is my favorite part of the flight, too. the landing's a whole other story... anyway, i'll have to try out that nail polish remover. does it dry out your nails? most of the ones i've tried tend to dry mine out. even the non-acetone ones.

Anonymous said...

That picture of the baby is so cute!

Anonymous said...

wow those are pretty cool "kikay" (read: girly) tools! if only they are available here! are those tools available in drugstore.com? ;D uh-oh more lemmings!

Karen said...

It amazes me that you can stay awake for the take off! When I'm in a plane take off always puts me instantly to sleep. It's that weirdest thing! I think it has to do something with the vibration of the plane.

Where do you buy that nail polish remover? I am all over that if I can find it. I gotta admit though, I'd be tempted to put my toes in it, ha ha ha!

I hope you are feeling more settled in and that things are falling into place!

Bliss said...

Ooo the simply basic is such a cool nail polish remover and the baby is too cute, could definately be one of those model babies hheheh :).

(g)ezebel said...

i have GOT to go to wal mart now and get that nail file thingy.

Unknown said...

Olá sou do Brasil e descobri seu site por um acaso muito bons os post!!!!
Estou te seguindo ok beijo tchau!

Iris
http://makeuptudodebom.blogspot.com/

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter