Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Depotting NYX Trio Eyeshadows

.

So having the boyfriend at work was...well let's just say interesting. He was in the office before I got there, and when I got to my desk, there was tape under my optical mouse (so it won't move), then he switched all the keys on my keyboard so then of course the letters were not in the right order so I had to sit there and pop them all out and put them back in its correct order, and then he wrote on each day of my calendar "Jon's Day"...argh! I love him and yet he frustrates me at the same time! haha...my co-workers of course thought he was just the sweetest and nicest thing ever, IF they only knew what I deal with at home! He seriously tired me out I fell asleep as soon as we got home.

I know many of us have at least one NYX eyeshadow trio if not more, and many of you gals have MAC Palettes that need to be filled to conserve space, so how do you depot your precious NYX eyeshadows?

Read on and find out how! Hope it helps you gals!

I know EnKore has a video on this, but I tried it out his way and it didn't work out for me as I ended up crushing my eyeshadow and actually took longer for me...so whichever method works for you. :)

Tools you need:


- PATIENCE :)
- Tiny FLATHEAD screwdriver (found in eyeglass repair kits in drugstores, the clear square tube with the red cap)
- A candle
- A good pair of tweezers
- A papertowel or a towel (to cushion the eyeshadow when it is depotted)
- Your empty palette that needs to be filled

STEP 1:
Your NYX Eyeshadow Trio BEFORE depotting, nicely in tact!


STEP 2:
Using the tiny flathead screwdriver from your eyeglass repair kit, gently pry and push the flathead into the side of the eyeshadow palette to pop it up:


It should now look like this:


STEP 3:
Then take your tweezers and hold the eyeshadows over a flame, don't let it actually touch the flame just hold it over until the plastic starts to bubble and melt, you don't have to leave it there too long, once the plastic starts to melt a bit, the glue inside holding the eyeshadow is already soft enough to be depotted.




The melted plastic should look like this, just melted enough but not too much:



STEP 4:
Take a towel or a papertowel and use it to cushion the eyeshadow when you depot it out of its original pan, place the eyeshadows FACE DOWN onto the paper towel (still using the tweezers to hold them, CAREFUL IT'S STILL HOT!) Using your flathead screwdriver, poke through the melted plastic until the eyeshadow pops out. Let it cool on the paper towel or towel before placing it into your palette.








STEP 5: Then its ready to be placed in your palette!



10 comments

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

thank you for this!! i'm in major need of depotting, lol. this is exactly the reason why i bought another shadow palette. have you tried the candle method for your MAC pots? i found a tutorial on doing it with a straightening iron and wax paper, but the candle method sounds waaay easier. and did you attach magnets to the back of the pans?

Vanessa said...

Hey Lynne, yes I have tried the candle method to depot my MAC eyeshadows in the pots, I think I have a link to it under my "depotting label" of a site that showed this.

I didn't attach magnets on the back because I figured it would be too thick causing the pan to go past the actual palette pot, so I just used glue dots which are sticky on both sides, and just placed it on the back of the eyeshadow pan and placed it in my palette.

Tee-Hoa said...

Hey Vanessa.. I don't know if you recognize me from ABB but it's me Chic-Makeup! =) Great blog you've got going on here! If you don't mind, I'm going to link you through my blog. Have a great weekend!

CuttiBeBe said...

Hey V, I've got a quick questions. What's the difference between MAC Brush 180 and 183? I need a flat top for my mineral foundations, but don't know which one of those to get. I think you have the 180, but with the OF BEAUTY, it came with a LE 183.

HELP!

www.Cosmetic-Candy.com said...

Hi Vanessa

That was really really weird because just last night I was thinking of depotting my NYX shadows (but not sure how!!) So this guide will be great!

Did you find that using the heat affected the shadows at all (made them more fragile?) or were they ok?

Vanessa said...

RF- The heat didn't do anything to the eyeshadows as you are just melting the glue, that's why to be safe, just hold it over the flame not directly in it. :)

alien man?! said...

I chuckled rather loudly at your little anecdote about your boyfriend's practical jokes. Yes, he does sound like a handful, but he also sounds quite adorable! Kind of like babysitting a cute prankster, wasn't it?

Hey, as far as empty palettes go, is MAC the only place that has them? I'm SUCH a cheapskate when it comes to anything makeup related.

Vanessa said...

hello miss alienman! MAC Palettes are only sold in the MAC stand-alone or PRO stores for like $12.50 each, OR you can get em off eBay. :)

I really need to be a cheapskate when it comes to things too, sadly i've been bad and spending money on things I shouldn't be spending money on! I need help haha.

And yes the BF is a handful, which is why I think I am going to opt to NOT have kids because he already is one lol.

Anonymous said...

NYX e/s are on my 'to look at' list next time I'm at my local shopping centre. I've seen those trios on the US eBay and have considered a few times whether I'm better off buying them from the US or in Australia.

I've seen the same method used for MAC e/s pots but I'm too scared to depot, lol.

AbbieAndBrian said...

Heyyy
i posted a link to your blog in my blog
http://abbieandbrian-make-upreviews.blogspot.com/
i hope thats ok
Abbie. x

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter