Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, November 12, 2007

Product Review- Maybelline XXL Curl Power Mascara

.

Price: 5 out of 5 stars
Packaging: 4 out of 5 stars
Overall Quality: 3 out of 5 stars

What it claims to do: Its PowerCurve brush crimps hairs up to a 45-degree angle while the patented CurLock formula freezes the curl in place for 12 hours

My experience:
I had high hopes for this mascara, however it did not meet my expectations. First of all, I didn't notice the slightest "curl", but more of a "lift" to my lashes. I also like the double-ended wand, however each wand on each side is too short which made it hard for me to get hairs in some places, it also didn't help that the brush wand itself was curved albeit I am aware that this curvature of the brush was intended to give the curl; I am just used to other brush wands that are not so curved, hence it made it hard for me to use. I DO like however the conditioning base as it made my lashes seem longer and healthier (like I need it to be longer!) I just find it funny how the commercials make it seem like it's the holy grail of mascaras when Adriana Lima is CLEARLY wearing false eyelashes giving the illusion that if you buy this mascara, that you too, will have fabulous mile-long, hitting-your-eyebrow lashes. Nope.

The price is very reasonable and it is available at most stores. I think id rather give the Lash Blast a try.

Final word:
I am sticking to my L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara and my Dior Show. To be honest Dior Show really doesn't do much for me either, but I love how it never gets hard or flaky and makes my lashes really plush and a bit more volumized.

8 comments

sushii said...

mmm.. i too have trouble finding the right mascara for myself...
and until now i still haven't found the right one :(
i have the L'oreal telescopic mascara as well but it's all glumpy...... does that happen to you?

Unknown said...

Have you tried L'Oreal Voluminous? At first I swore by my Maybelline Volume Turbo Boost but now I'm pretty much a convert. Voluminous is non-clump whatsoever, and boosts volume a great deal. I'm lemming for Fiberwig now though, as I need length and curl holding power.

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

Haha! I know, it's funny how that works with advertisement right? I'm pretty sure that MOST if not all mascara commercial celebrities are wearing falsies. :P It's funny cause my boyfriend and I will be watching TV together and when we see a commercial on TV I'll say stuff like, "WOW! Those are NOT her real lashes... those are OBVIOUSLY falsies." LOL. He thinks I'm a weirdo for noticing stuff like that. :P

nilla cookie said...

I completely agree on the commercials. I just posted up the new Lash Blast commercial featuring Drew Barrymore and the very last shot does not look like her lashes at all! I noticed because I just watched the Charlie's Angels movie on TV the other night and it doesn't look the same at all - LOL!

Vanessa said...

Sushii- Nope it doesn't clump on me, but then again I have a "ritual" sometimes when I put mascara, curl it comb it out, put the conditioning base, then apply the mascara, so perhaps that's why it didn't clump or ordinarily it probably would have...

candy- I actually tried the voluminous one too, I like it.

Christiana and Nilla Cookie- I know right! Shooooot the ad agencies didn't think that WE would notice they are falsies???! haha pish tosh!

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Hey Vanessa, I'm an avid reader of your blog. Great work. I love how often you update. I also swear by Voluminous which I find does the same job as Diorshow. Have you ever used the Shiseido Mascara Base?

smileychatterbox said...

Haha so true about Adriana Lima's false lashes, but she's still prettyyy! And I actually love my Maybelline Turbo Boost and L'Oreal Voluminous. Hope you like the Lashblast! Chao

alien man?! said...

Same here w/the Diorshow. By itself, it didn't amaze me as much as it did for others. I mean, I have to give it credit that it works better than most mascara I've tried, but my lashes are just too short for it to work by itself. However, when combined with Imju Fiberwig, I actually get the effect I want. I think it's great as a "base" mascara. Imju was kind of weak by itself, too, but worked magically when combined with Diorshow.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter