You know your crazy beauty blogger had to get her grubby hands on the newest collection from MAC, so I headed over once again to the Glendale Galleria and scooped me up the COOL Pigment Set, Beauty Powder in "Drizzlegold", Pigments: Vanilla (had to re-stock! so it's AVAILABLE ladies for sampling, although I have not received the jars I ordered yet), and Gold Stroke Pigment.
Here's my brief review on the collection:
Cool pigment set: Thank God this is the only thing I wanted from the Curiositease collection! I absolutely love the packaging and the colors are gorgeous. I was going to get the sparkle eye pencils but the glitter in eye pencils irritates me, no matter what brand it is, so I passed on it sadly enough. :(
- Helium: Pretty pale shimmery pink, perfect all over lid color.
- Naval Blue: My favorite pigment out of the bunch, it's really pretty in person and its a subtle, deep navy blue.
- Forest Green: I love this color too, it's a nice dark green, pairs great with Night Light Pigment.
- Softwash Grey: I have always loved this color, it's a pigment form of MAC eyeshadow "Cumulus" to me from the "Blue Storm" collection. It's one of my favorites too, but it's a re-promote.
- Blue reflects glitter: Pretty bluish-white glitter, but can't think of anywhere to wear it to...
Beauty Powder (Drizzlegold): I am in love! I actually had no intention of purchasing any of the beauty powders, I knew that they were pre-released awhile ago for the PRO stores and actually played with it a bit when I was in New York and always thought that they would be too sparkly, can't wear it everyday/everywhere sorta thing, boy was I wrong! I walked in the MAC store and thought id play with it while all the other MA's were hustling around the store, I swatched drizzlegold and fell in love! Gorgeous peachy-gold powder with FINELY-MILLED shimmer, and I mean super finely milled. It's seriously perfect for highlighting the cheek bones, eyes, etc. and I plan on using it UNDER my mineral foundation to give me a more glowy-awakened look. I will test it out tomorrow and see how I like it. Tenderdusk is pretty too, but too pink to be on the face, so I chose drizzlegold, I even love the name of it haha.
Meet the newest members of the Pigment Family!!! Vanilla and Gold Stroke! And YES they WILL be added to the pigment samples list!